The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@RoyalReporter: The Duchess of Cambridge is on her way to Newby Bridge by car after taking a train from London to Oxenholme today, travelling First Class.

She looks really beautiful she is a little like Diana in that casual clothes suit her best.

I really love her casual clothes. She looks like she's really enjoying her time with the scouts.

Richard Palmer says that Kate was with the scouts last Wednesday as well. He also says she has joined them 2-3 other times since Christmas.

Last edited:
I always love casual Catherine, and it seems it was really fun even though it was snowing!

OMG u guys got snow over there! Oh I miss snow. It's hott as all get out where I am.
So Kate has been doing charity work w/o people knowing? I wish certain people who insist she is lazy could hear about that.

Last edited:
Many of them already know it, XeniaCasaraghi.

I really love her casual clothes. She looks like she's really enjoying her time with the scouts.

Richard Palmer says that Kate was with the scouts last Wednesday as well. He also says she has joined them 2-3 other times since Christmas.

It's shocking that we the public are not informed of what Kate and other royals do when the cameras are not around. ;)

It's shocking that we the public are not informed of what Kate and other royals do when the cameras are not around. ;)

What is shocking is the assumption that because the press are not present, the BRF are doing nothing. The world is media fixated as if it is the mouthpiece of everything that happens. Stuff happens that is never reported and that is usually the good, positive, or happy stuff.

Good to see her out with the Scouts at this event. I think she would have tried the climbing if she wasn't pregnant. The snack reminds me of those days of camp out cooking!;)

Wonder if Kate's "ten essentials" includes a SAR "Good for one free rescue" helicopter pass. :p Always a good idea to for a Scout to "Be Prepared."

I love that Kate is involved with the scouts - they always seem to be such fun outings, and adds a bit of variety to her activities.

What is shocking is the assumption that because the press are not present, the BRF are doing nothing. The world is media fixated as if it is the mouthpiece of everything that happens. Stuff happens that is never reported and that is usually the good, positive, or happy stuff.

I totally agree. Lots happens that we don't see and likely will never know about. I'm cool with that, too bad others aren't.

The problem seems to be, that is, if you can't see it, it didn't happen. Very much a childs way of thinking. Most people get over that when they learn to think and reason.

The problem seems to be, that is, if you can't see it, it didn't happen. Very much a childs way of thinking. Most people get over that when they learn to think and reason.

Exactly. It's like on every article about Prince William on the Daily Mail you'll see commenters saying "doesn't he ever do any searching and rescuing?". Of course he does, but when he's on base the paps get nowhere near him, so we don't see pictures of him doing his job. The only time we see photos of him is when he's doing public engagements or enjoying his time off the job. That gives the false impression that he does nothing else.

I think the royals should radically change the Court Circular and include every single item of their day to day lives (obviously apart from the personal stuff). Every meeting with advisors, security, government officials, charity workers, time spent dealing with correspondence etc. etc. Just stick it all in there. They get no reward for keeping all the other things they do out of the CC.

UK Scout Association ‏@UKScouting 1h
This is what we hoped for! MT EastandSouthkay: Thanks @UKScouting & Duchess for publicity: 3 new volunteers contacted me this afternoon

Full Video Report:
Duchess of Cambridge visits Cumbria:
http://www.itv.com/news/border/story/2013-03-22/duchess-in-cumbria/

Nice interviews with the kids. I'm sure William would've loved to be there too.

Pictures:
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/03/the-duchess-of-cambridge-visit-to-lake.html

Picture:
Catherine Hugging One of the Scouts:
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/image/46017378827

Last edited:
I love how involved Kate is, and that she is not afraid to be involved. Just gets stuck in with the kids, helping out, and having fun! What a gal!

You and me both. She's not afraid to jump in head first, so to speak, and get her hands dirty. I noticed that when the kids see adults doing the activity on the agenda, they're more likely to participate, and Catherine's definitely in there, front and center, doing everything that the kids and other volunteers are supposed to be doing. Love it.

She looks so much happier and more comfortable at these events where the press is at more of a distance and where she's not dressed up and at the center of attention quite so much.

That is a very good observation, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this. I'd venture it says quite a lot about how Catherine feels about being the center of attention and focus.

Wonder if Kate's "ten essentials" includes a SAR "Good for one free rescue" helicopter pass. :p Always a good idea to for a Scout to "Be Prepared."

I wonder...... too funny!Good one!

I love that Kate is involved with the scouts - they always seem to be such fun outings, and adds a bit of variety to her activities.

The pictures are cute, but I can't shake my negative feelings about scouting (ever since a policeman friend told me that the Org. is a magnet for pedophiles).

The pictures are cute, but I can't shake my negative feelings about scouting (ever since a policeman friend told me that the Org. is a magnet for pedophiles).

As are schools, athletic teams, the internet, the Dairy Queen... ;)

In the UK everyone, including volunteers, is vetted before they can get involved. All taxi drivers, school bus drivers, cleaners, teachers, you name it, has to go through these checks.

During my Virtus training (Catholic Church sponsored child abuse prevention course) we learned about pedophile "grooming" techniques from the abusers themselves. :eek: Any organization that is oriented to children and relies upon volunteers is very attractive to pedophiles. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom