The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on past experience Anne will go to all of Scotland's matches, William may go to one of Wales' and I would presume Catherine will go to one of England's (probably England vs Wales). It is rare for any royal, other than Anne, to attend more than one Six Nations match.

I'm glad it's official. Just in time for the Six Nations! That should be fun if she goes to any games, especially if she William and Anne get into a friendly public competition.

Yes I am too and was also thinking just in time ;)

Can't wait to see all of them at some matches. I'm including Mike Tindall in that group as well. I think it might be nice to see him at some engagements with Catherine.

This was a pretty fun way to start her new patronages. She clearly had fun and there are a couple of spectacular photos. Hopefully she will help encourage girls to play rugby and raise the profile of the women's game as well.

She mentioned hers and William's new rivalry. And it would be fun if Mike accompanied her to a match.

Can't wait to see all of them at some matches. I'm including Mike Tindall in that group as well. I think it might be nice to see him at some engagements with Catherine.

I assume she will do the same as William - attend one match per season, probably the England vs Wales match in the Six Nations and one of England's matches in the autumn.

Anne attends all of Scotland's matches but William (and Harry) usually only attended one match per season.

Mike, when he attends, doesn't usually sit in the same part of the stands as the royals ... just as when he and Zara attend Wimbledon they are as likely to sit in the stands with the ordinary people as in the royal box.

Mike, remember, isn't royal and so doesn't do 'engagements'. He may attend major royal events as a family member but he isn't royal and nor is his wife.

Catherine looked like she was having a great time. Looks like the perfect patronage for her.

They really got some fabulous photos.

In some of the pictures, she not only looks like she's having fun.... - but as she has lost her temper over all the fun.

I mean, ok, she's a commoner by birth and we live in modern times, but looking regal is probably something else.

But maybe it's just me and there are also pictures of Her Majesty horseing around on the turf like a little "My fair Lady"....

I am not the target group for her actions, anyway - it is just my opinion.

I think Catherine just has that natural ability to jump into whatever she's doing without reserve and actually make the most out of it and enjoys it. She isn't trying to show that she's having fun. She's actually having fun with it. It's not the first time either that we've seen "competition" between her and William either. They're a tight couple and find ways to enjoy themselves no matter where they are.

It tells me that she's the right fit for this. It doesn't matter if she was brought up royal or commoner. When someone can show that they're enjoying being where they are, it makes a world of difference in how the spectators enjoy the event also.

There's a time and a place to be "regal". Enjoying rugby isn't one of them :D

ETA: About the Queen horsing around and enjoying things. Any Queen Regnant that can and does participate with Daniel Craig to make an epic entrance into the London Olympic Games of 2012 jumping out of a helicopter, to me, is a woman that has a good sense of fun and humor. Everyone was amazed and amused at that "grand entrance" by HM, The Queen!! Forget being "regal". She gave something very special and memorable to those Games.

Last edited:
In some of the pictures, she not only looks like she's having fun.... - but as she has lost her temper over all the fun.

I mean, ok, she's a commoner by birth and we live in modern times, but looking regal is probably something else.

But maybe it's just me and there are also pictures of Her Majesty horseing around on the turf like a little "My fair Lady"....

How can she lose her temperr over having fun? I dont quite understand

How can she lose her temperr over having fun? I dont quite understand

I understand our fellow poster to be saying losing her outer composure or veneer of regal-ness or dignified composure-- perhaps better translated as "losing herself in the moment."

I understand our fellow poster to be saying losing her outer composure or veneer of regal-ness or dignified composure-- perhaps better translated as "losing herself in the moment."

Thank you very much for translating my gibberish into proper English!

Yep, your are right, that is what I meant! To add some more to my diss here: She is 40 years old, a mother of three and a Princess! I'd like to see more contenance!

shes enjoying the rugby. What is wrong with that?

Thank you very much for translating my gibberish into proper English!

Yep, your are right, that is what I meant! To add some more to my diss here: She is 40 years old, a mother of three and a Princess! I'd like to see more contenance!

I absolutely respect and value your opinion Victor - I truly do. However, like many on the TRF and around the world, I am glad that Catherine shows her fun side and who she truly is. Losing herself in fun, especially in things she loves - sports, shows how well connected she is to a multitude of people.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have "read the room" very well over the past two years during the pandemic and the problems that have plagued the Royal family (especially with Prince Andrew), i.e. understood they need to form a deeper connection with their subjects

This current generation, and the generations that follow, have rejected the cold, distance and "stiff upper lip" approach from anyone who is in the public eye. They want warm, empathetic and engaging people. There are a lot of people who have felt isolated, detached physically and emotionally from loved ones during the past two years. I always felt William and Catherine had tried to act and model themselves on their royal predecessors - especially the Queen and the late Prince Phillip and the Queen's parents. Even though those two couples had helped their subjects through a devastating world war, many terrorist attacks on home soil, and other major tragic events, their approach mirrored the values of their times - but not ours.

In 2021/2022, people are more aware of mental health and wellbeing, probably for the first time in the modern age. William has especially opened up more, showing all of us his gentle and emotional side, and truly believe a lot of that comes from Catherine. She has shown how formidable she is and how she has stayed grounded and true to her values. For me at least, it is refreshing.

How Catherine's new title might divide the Cambridge household

This current generation, and the generations that follow, have rejected the cold, distance and "stiff upper lip" approach from anyone who is in the public eye. They want warm, empathetic and engaging people.

Yes, you are surely right! Well observed! I did not see it this way.

But I just see the danger, that their new approach of a Monarchy with a human face might touch the ordinary. And folks easily become like sharks, if there is blood in the water, if they smell weakness.

Monarchy must always be a little bit of something divine - the long bloodline, the royal family as the living flag of the country and so on. And I feel, people like to respect Her Majesty, the Queen, and love to behave well mannered close to her. At least in my humble opinion...

The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of the Maternal Mental Health Alliance, „A UK-Wide Charity Which Brings Together Over 100 Organisations To Ensure That Women And Families Affected By Perinatal Mental Health Challenges Have Access To High Quality, Comprehensive Care And Support“:

** standard: Kate becomes patron of organisation working to support mental health of mothers **

** dm article: Kate flies the flag for mums! Duchess says no mother is 'immune to anxiety and depression' in video.. **

Last edited:
It's time to close this thread. You can continue posting in the Current Events thread, which you can find here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom