The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2018, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

I love the idea. I am hoping some of those tiaras there go back into circulation at some point.

LaRae

Old 03-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I’m shocked the V&A Museum hasn’t had a royal patron before. It’s world renowned. She’s certainly upping her game.

It surprises me too. But I would think any organization would jump at the chance to get Kate as a patron.

I love that museum. Ahhh- to have had more time in London.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great news

I like this kind of patronage for Kate. Its one that's he actually has a personal connection to. It doesn't just feel like its one of those 'strong causes' that she is expected to have. Its great seeing her taking on another art one. I had hoped when she married she might have taken on some more art related, including lesser known art organizations. Get them the funding and acknowledging needed.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The V&A is honoured to announce that Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has agreed to become Royal Patron to the Museum. The patronage reflects Her Royal Highness’s continued personal interest in the visual arts, photography and design.

The Duchess’ acceptance of the role of Royal Patron follows her previous support for the Museum in June 2017, when she joined V&A staff and architect Amanda Levete CBE, for the official unveiling of Exhibition Road Quarter – the V&A’s most significant development project for over 100 years.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge announced as Royal Patron to the V&A | Victoria and Albert Museum
Old 03-27-2018, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

How do these patronages work?
I know there's a list of organizations requesting a royal patron, but do the organizations get to request a specific royal, or do they take whoever's willing?
Old 06-21-2018, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Shouldn't Kate have made an appearance at the summer V & A party? That is a huge event for the V&A, and she has only recently become patron.

I realize she is on maternity leave, but she could have turned up briefly, as she did for Trooping. It's not like these events are taxing. (In the US, the average maternity leave is 10 weeks).
Old 06-21-2018, 08:21 AM
Majesty

The summer V&A party has been going on for a while without any royal patronage and seems to have done all right.

Catherine is the first royal patron in the museum’s history so I doubt it’s too big a deal she wasn’t there the year she gave birth.

I’m sure they know what they’re doing. Catherine’s private secretary is a member of the Board of the Charity Commission for England and Wales
Old 09-04-2018, 08:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It’s easy to think that the whole point of the royal family is their pomp and circumstance: their parades, their carriage rides, their weddings. And yes, that’s certainly a large part—after all, what is a monarchy without tradition?

But, new data released by the United Kingdom’s Office of National Statistics today suggests they are much more than just crowns and castles.

The ONS found that country’s male suicide rate is 15.5 out of 100,000 men—its lowest point since 1981.

The reason for the drop? “We believe that the focus in recent years on suicide prevention to tackle the higher rates in men has contributed to this,” Ruth Sutherland, head of the Samaritans charity, told the London Times. “Added to this, reducing stigma around men’s mental health and encouraging men to open up and seek help when they are struggling has been beneficial.”

One of the campaigns working to do just that is Heads Together, a foundation that aims to promote mental well-being and end the stigma surrounding mental health. It was started in 2016 as a joint effort between Prince William, Kate Middleton, and Prince Harry.

It was originally the Duchess’s idea: “It was Catherine who first realized that all three of us were working on mental health in our individual areas of focus,” Prince William said in a speech on World Mental Health Day. “She had seen that at the core of adult issues like addiction and family breakdown, unresolved childhood mental health issues were often part of the problem.”
Read more: How The Duchess of Cambridge’s Idea May Have Just Changed Britain for the Better
Old 10-05-2018, 07:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I presume this should go here:

Quote:
On Wednesday 10 October, The Duchess of Cambridge will make her first visit as Royal Patron of the V&A to open the museum's new Photography Centre. Kate will tour the opening display at the Photography Centre entitled Collecting Photography: From Daguerreotype to Digital.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...34169568657408
Old 10-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Majesty

London Wednesday 10th October, 2018

The Duchess of Cambridge will make her first visit as Royal Patron of the V&A to open the museum’s new Photography Centre on Wednesday 10th October.

Her Royal Highness will tour the opening display at the Photography Centre entitled Collecting Photography: From Daguerreotype to Digital. The display explores photography from the medium’s invention in the 19th century to the present day. Drawn from the V&A’s collection of over 800,000 photographs, the display showcases contemporary photography alongside seminal prints by pioneers William Henry Fox Talbot, Julia Margaret Cameron and Roger Fenton. During her tour of the exhibition, The Duchess will meet curators who have worked on the project, before unveiling a plaque to mark the official opening of the Centre.

The new Photography Centre will more than double the space dedicated to photography where prints, negatives, camera equipment, photographic publications and original documents will be displayed together to tell a broader story of international photography. A frequently changing selection of new acquisitions, a ‘Light Wall’ for displaying the most cutting-edge photographic imagery, and a ‘Dark Tent’ projection area complete the new space.

The Duchess became the first Royal Patron of the V&A in March 2018.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess arrives tonight

https://mobile.twitter.com/danielles...884352/video/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/SPerryPeo...706561/video/1

Gallery

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/9921699
Old 10-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Here's another gallery and an article about tonight's opening:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Back to her best! Duchess of Cambridge stuns in an Erdem number to open a new photography centre..**
Old 10-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Victoria and Albert Museum, this evening officially opened the Museum’s new Photography Centre, Cromwell Road, London SW7, and was received by Lady Arnold (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

- Court Circular || 10 October 2018
Old 10-11-2018, 05:36 AM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge opens the V&A photography centre

Old 10-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's known that Catherine has always had an interest in photography, so this was probably an enjoyable and interesting engagement for her. Great to see the Cambridges back at work again.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-11-2018, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

New patronage for the Duchess:

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter The Duchess of Cambridge has today become patron of Evelina London Children’s Hospital ahead of her visit there later this morning.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of @EvelinaLondon, ahead of her visit to the Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge today: New patronage announced for The Duchess of Cambridge
Old 12-11-2018, 06:14 AM
Administrator

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited Evelina London Children's Hospital and The Passage at St Vincent's Centre in London today, December 11:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery **

** dailymail: Kate calls by for Christmas: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet youngsters at London's Evelina children's hospital ..**
Old 12-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Very nice patronage, Catherine!

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-11-2018, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Perhaps we're seeing a transfer of patronage of Evelina London from the Queen to Kate? As I read about Kate becoming the patron of Evelina London Children's Hospital, I remember reading that the Queen held the patronage when our own Rudolph posted the announcement of the visit. The part that caught my eye was:

"Their Royal Highnesses will firstly visit Evelina London, which is preparing to mark its 150th anniversary in 2019. Evelina London, which is part of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, of which The Queen is Patron "

Its great Kate is taking on more and more patronages and especially love the ones that deal with children.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Marian Ridley, Director of Evelina London, said: “We are absolutely delighted and deeply honoured The Duchess of Cambridge has chosen to become our Patron. The Duchess shares our passion for giving children and young people the very best start in life and Her Royal Highness’ support will help champion the life-saving care our staff are providing to our patients.

“It is a huge pleasure to welcome Their Royal Highnesses back to our hospital and we are absolutely delighted that they are able to join us as we begin to celebrate our milestone 150th anniversary. We are immensely grateful for Their Royal Highnesses’ support and we look forward to working closely with The Duchess as our Patron.”