The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's all down to scheduling. She goes when it's in her diary.
I started thinking too that she had the State Banquet and the upcoming tour so she has probably been busy getting ready with everything involved with that.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I started thinking too that she had the State Banquet and the upcoming tour so she has probably been busy getting ready with everything involved with that.
She and William will attend Wimbledon on Sunday.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Gentry

I don’t know why Kate’s a patron of quite a few charities, and plummy, glamorous ones at that. She always strikes me as lacklustre and lazy. SportsAid deserves better. My opinion
Old 09-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
A lot of Kate's charities are umbrella'd under the Royal Foundation and some of them are of personal interest to Kate herself. She does an excellent job with the charities that she has, in my opinion, and one thing that she does not do is intentionally try to call attention to herself but kind of gears things so the attention is where it belongs, on the charities themselves.

One thing too that I would never do is categorize charities that Kate backs as being "glammy and plummy". Ask any parent that has a child in a hospice and they'll tell you its far from being a walk in the park.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShades View Post
I don’t know why Kate’s a patron of quite a few charities, and plummy, glamorous ones at that. She always strikes me as lacklustre and lazy. SportsAid deserves better. My opinion
I'm answering in this thread instead of The Duchess's Sports Aid thread since we're veering off from Sports Aid.
As well as Catherine's involvement with childrens hospices, as Osipi pointed out, her involvement with Place2Be (mental health and emotional support services for children), The Art Room (art therapy among other services for children) and Action on Addiction aren't particularly glamorous either. They assist people facing serious issues and problems.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thanks for moving the conversation to this thread where it belongs.

When we think about it, SportsAid and Kate's involvement with the Scouts fits in with all the charities and patronages you've mentioned. Both William and Harry have youth sports patronages too.

I like to think that these patronages are as important as any of her other ones for the reason being that they all involve children and they promote well being for the child as it grows up. Being involved with healthy activities as a child goes a long way to promote healthy bodies and healthy minds and may prevent issues in the future.

Most all of Kate's patronages are centered on youth. This is one of the three major areas that the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry focuses on with the other two being conservation and the armed forces.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:17 AM
Commoner

Two new patronages have been announced for The Duchess of Cambridge.

It has been announced that The Duchess of Cambridge will become Patron of the @RCObsGyn and the @NursingNow2020 campaign ahead of her engagements today, where she will learn about and support global health work.

via Kensington Palace Twitter
Old 02-27-2018, 05:29 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge as new Patron of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and as new Patron of the Nurse Now campaign visited the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in London today, February 27, and made a speech to officially launch the Nursing Now campaign at St. Thomas's Hospital:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio 1 ** zimbio 2 **

** dailymail: Baby blue! Pregnant Kate displays her bump in a collarless coat as she visits..**
Old 02-27-2018, 09:54 AM
Majesty

Video of Catherine’s arrival at the RCOG

Old 02-27-2018, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Love these new patronages for Catherine.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-27-2018, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/968520295500967936

Kate's speech today for Nursing Now. IMHO this is her best speaking appearance to date.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Catherine tours RCOG

Old 02-27-2018, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Do they use midwives very much in the U.K.?

LaRae
Old 02-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Majesty

Nice video. Catherine meets a midwife who helped deliver Princess Charlotte

Old 02-27-2018, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Do they use midwives very much in the U.K.?

LaRae
Nurse-midwives are an integral part of the health care system in the UK.
They are very well educated and very competent. I would rather have a UK midwife delivery my baby than a general practitioner anyday.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ok so...when you say general practicioner ...is that the same thing as a GP in the US? Here most women go to a OBGYN for maternal/pregnancy care..that is the doc's specialty. A GP is just a generic doc..kinda like the old style family doctor.

Midwives here in the U.S. are going to vary state by state...in some states it's illegal to use them. It' just been the past 10 years or less in my state midwives can be used..and there is a demand for them. Still they are pretty regulated.

LaRae
Old 02-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Nice video. Catherine meets a midwife who helped deliver Princess Charlotte

She helped deliver both George and Charlotte. Nice reunion for them.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
International Development Minister Harriett Baldwin today announced DFID will support the training of nurses and midwives in developing countries, to improve the quality of care, keep their own patients healthy and save more lives.

The support comes as Nursing Now, a three-year global campaign run in collaboration with the International Council of Nurses and the World Health Organization, has been launched to improve health globally by raising the profile and status of nurses worldwide.

Speaking at the launch of Nursing Now at St. Thomas’ Hospital hosted by their Patron, Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge, in London today, International Development Minister Harriett Baldwin said:
Read more: UK aid supports Nursing Now campaign to empower nurses in the world’s poorest countries
Old 02-27-2018, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

My friend was one of the people who met the Duchess at RCOG today to discuss maternal mental health. So so proud of her and seeing pictures of her opposite the duchess at the table. She has done amazing work helping raise the issue of maternal mental help. I hope the duchess will highlight this issue now she is patron.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Love seeing pictures of Kate with the children