The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
“The Duchess of Cambridge charmed a four-year-old girl during a visit to Sunshine House Children in Peckham, south east London.”

Kate went to visit Sunshine House Children and Young People’s Health Development Centre to meet members of the Family Nurse Partnership Team.

The Duchess praised the nurses and staff members on their amazing work with young children.”

what a wonderful surprised! I am so impressed with her work on Early Years

It's great that Catherine surprised the people at Sunshine House today! I loved the interactions between her and the adorable little girl.

This is such important work, and it's wonderful to see Catherine drawing attention to it. The interaction with the sweet little girl was adorable.

Court Circular 19th September:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited Family Nurse Partnership at Sunshine House Children and Young People's Development Centre, 27 Peckham Road, London SE5.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the Natural History Museum, will visit the Angela Marmont Centre for UK Biodiversity to hear how it is championing and helping to protect UK wildlife - 9th October.

The Duchess of Cambridge on her engagement today-

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Natural History Museum, this morning attended a Meeting with Sir Michael Dixon (Chief Executive) at the Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Natural History Museum, then visited the Angela Marmot Centre for Biodiversity at the Natural History Museum.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 9 OCTOBER 2019

The Duchess of Cambridge marked her new patronage of Family Action with a visit to Peterley Manor Farm, Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire today, December 4.

Queen Elizabeth has passed on the patronage, which she has held for more than 65 years.

** rex gallery ** dailymail article ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
More about this organization.https://www.family-action.org.uk/

Who we are

Family Action transforms lives by providing practical, emotional and financial support to those who are experiencing poverty, disadvantage and social isolation across the country.
We have been building stronger families since 1869, and today work with over 45,000 families through over 140 community-based services. Thousands more are supported with financial assistance through education and welfare grants programmes.
Our innovative services reach out to those in need, we strengthen families and communities, build skills and resilience and improve the life chances of children and adults.

Great fit for Catherine. Congratulations to her!

Court Circular 4th December:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Family Action, today visited Peterley Manor Farm, Peterley Lane, Prestwood, Great Missenden, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Buckinghamshire (Sir Henry Aubrey-Fletcher, Bt.).

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal 4m
The Duchess of Cambridge will join a creative workshop run by the @NPGLondon ‘s Hospital Programe at @EvelinaLondon on Tuesday 28th January to see how the creative arts can support children’s health, wellbeing and happiness.

The Duchess of Cambridge has photographed two Holocaust survivors, Steven Frank and Yvonne Bernstein, with their grandchildren, to mark Holocaust Memorial Day. Taken at Kensington Palace the pictures will feature in an exhibition marking 75 years since the end of the Holocaust.

https://www.hmd.org.uk/news/holocau...-families-feature-in-new-photography-project/
Truly a special project and beautiful photographs. What an amazing surprise from Catherine! Also, a few words from DoC on the subject:

The harrowing atrocities of the Holocaust, which were caused by the most unthinkable evil, will forever lay heavy in our hearts. Yet it is so often through the most unimaginable adversity that the most remarkable people flourish. Despite unbelievable trauma at the start of their lives, Yvonne Bernstein and Steven Frank are two of the most life-affirming people that I have had the privilege to meet. They look back on their experiences with sadness but also with gratitude that they were some of the lucky few to make it through. Their stories will stay with me forever. Whilst I have been lucky enough to meet two of the now very few survivors I recognise not everyone in the future will be able to hear these stories first hand. It is vital that their memories are preserved and passed on to future generations, so that what they went through will never be forgotten.

One of the most moving accounts I read as a young girl was ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ which tells a very personal reflection of life under Nazi occupation from a child’s perspective. Her sensitive and intimate interpretation of the horrors of the time was one of the underlying inspirations behind the images.

I wanted to make the portraits deeply personal to Yvonne and Steven – a celebration of family and the life that they have built since they both arrived in Britain in the 1940s. The families brought items of personal significance with them which are included in the photographs.

It was a true honour to have been asked to participate in this project and I hope in some way Yvonne and Steven’s memories will be kept alive as they pass the baton to the next generation.
Catherine is out there doing great stuff after the winter break, hopefully this trend continues this year, it's a huge pleasure to see her projects.

Truly special to witness The Duchess of Cambridge coming into her own.

Beautiful and very moving picture. Quite special.

Reactions: Fem
The Duchess of Cambridge has photographed two Holocaust survivors, Steven Frank and Yvonne Bernstein, with their grandchildren, to mark Holocaust Memorial Day. Taken at Kensington Palace the pictures will feature in an exhibition marking 75 years since the end of the Holocaust.

https://www.hmd.org.uk/news/holocau...-families-feature-in-new-photography-project/

The pictures are beautiful, the DOC is an accomplished photographer!

I always said I wished she would use her photography for more then pictures of her kids. That the skill could easily be used in her work during her behind the scenes work not visits. Glad to see them doing it.

I always said I wished she would use her photography for more then pictures of her kids. That the skill could easily be used in her work during her behind the scenes work not visits. Glad to see them doing it.

These pictures and the thoughtfulness behind them have really showcased her talent. Hope we see more of this too.

Beautiful pictures, full of symbolism. Very well done!

She certainely has en eye. Very beautiful and yet poignant pictures ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom