The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman has a smile and laugh that lights up the room. It's kept me smiling for days. I'm sure Wednesday will be the same. Will take all I can get. Can never have enough.

Pretty much. What I really like is the fact that Catherine always gives off the vibe that she wants to be at whatever engagement she's doing. She's smiling, engaging with those around her, and listening with her heart.

It looks like we have more child mental health and addiction related engagements for the Duchess.
@KensingtonRoyal: We look forward to* rest of The Duchess's Autumn programme, focusing on early intervention, mental health, and addiction.

l::clap::clap::clap::clap:

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge Patron of 100WHF's Philanthropic Initiatives
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100WomeninHedgeFunds @ 100_WHF
Kensington Palace has announced that HRH The Duchess of Cambridge will attend @100_WHF's London Gala on 27 Oct.

Last edited:
In benefit of which of her charities?

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, 100 Women in Hedge Funds' Philanthropic Initiatives, will attend a reception and Gala Dinner in aid of The Art Room at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Her Royal Highness will attend a reception for a selection of guests and present the 100WHF 2015 European Industry Leadership Award before dinner.

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Duke of Edinburgh has passed his patronage of RAF Air Cadets to the #DuchessofCambridge during an audience at Buckingham Palace today..

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
Kate becomes Honorary Air Commandant of the Air Cadet Organisation, comprising 42,000 air cadets and 15,000 adult volunteers at 1,200+ units

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
This is #Kate's first role with an official link to the military, but she has close links to the RAF given William's Search and Rescue role.

RAF Air Cadets ‏@aircadets
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh has handed over Air Cadet patronage to HRH Duchess of Cambridge after 63 years as Honorary Air Commodore-in-Chief

Last edited:
Is this an official link to the military? Cadets no longer all go into the military from everything I've been able to learn.
How is this different from other military schools - can someone explain. Because I do want to know.

Is this an official link to the military? Cadets no longer all go into the military from everything I've been able to learn.
How is this different from other military schools - can someone explain. Because I do want to know.

it isn't a school, its something that young people attend in their spare time. (EDIT - from about 12/13 yrs)

This is the official link https://t.co/3w5TrXH2RE

Last edited:
It was confirmed by both Kensington Palace and the RAF Air Cadets on their twitter Account.
Woah it is Amazing news from the Duchess of Cambridge

I wonder if it's like ROTC here in the U.S.

I'm very pleased with this appointment and I think Catherine will enjoy getting involved!

Prince Philip became Honorary Air-Commodore-In-Chief of the RAF Air Cadets following the death of King George VI and now The Duchess of Cambridge is following in their royal footsteps

Last edited:
I wonder if Catherine will wear a uniform when visiting the cadets?

I'm so glad to see that Kate is taking over this patronage.

I expect we'll see a few more charities and patronages added in the new year.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge has become patron of the RAF Air Cadets - taking over from the Duke of Edinburgh, who has held the position for 63 years.

Her appointment as Honorary Air Commodore-in-Chief is her first military-linked role.

She will represent 42,000 air cadets aged 12-19 and 15,000 adult volunteers.

Thanking the 94-year-old duke, Air Commodore Dawn McCafferty said he was "admired and respected by cadets and volunteers alike" and would be missed.

The Duchess of Cambridge is already patron of a number of youth and mental health charities, and is a trained scout volunteer.

The Duke of Edinburgh took up his appointment with the air cadets following the death of founding patron King George VI.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge becomes RAF Air Cadets' patron - BBC News

I didn't expect this and for a split second I got shocked when I read "The Duke of Edinburgh has passed...", but luckily it was good news!

Get a head start

We are not a recruiting organisation for the RAF but if you're thinking about a Service career, cadet membership will put you ahead of the competition. Many cadets go on to great success in the RAF (and the other Services). Around 40% of officers and 50% of all aircrew (including pilots, navigators and engineers) in the RAF now are ex-cadets. Research shows that they do better in basic training and stay in the Service longer than their colleagues. Likewise, if you chose a civilian career our research proves you can go on the great things…employers just love the skills and experience that air cadets offer.

What excellent news for Catherine!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

2016 is the Corps' 75th anniversary. We'll probably see Kate at events throughout the year.

The Duchess assumes her new role on the eve of the Air Training Corps’ 75th anniversary which will see cadets celebrate throughout 2016.

Air Commodore McCafferty said: “We are absolutely thrilled that HRH The Duchess of Cambridge has agreed to be our Patron.

“Her links to the RAF Family are already well established and her desire to support youth development is well recognised around the world.

“We hope that by acting as our Hon Air Commandant she can see at first hand the amazing work of our adult volunteers who deliver a truly world-class cadet experience to many thousands of young people.”
Read more: RAF. News featured on website - RAF Families Federation

Last edited:
2016 is the Corps' 75th anniversary. We'll probably see Kate at events throughout the year.

Read more: RAF. News featured on website - RAF Families Federation

This is also another Patronage that is another link in the chain not only Kate, but also Will and Harry, are creating regarding Youth and Mental Health. Our next door neighbours youngest son Nicholas was "that kid who's a trouble maker" until Fourth Grade and a Teacher who realized Nick has severe learning disabilities. While it did help Nick realize he really wasn't stupid, but just learns differently, it wasn't until Nick became old enough to follow his older brother Eric into the local Air Cadets that things really started turning around for him.

I do not recognize Nick these days, as he's simply not the same kid anymore and that is all due to the Cadets. He now looks you in the eyes when you're talking to him, instead of either being being very guarded and withdrawn as he used to be just a few short years ago, and the confidence!! It just literally shines from him and I was literally bursting w/pride when I'd heard at the Ontario Provincial Air, Sea and Army Cadets Shooting Championships earlier this year, that Nick was not only the best in Accuracy and Distance in his age range, but also one of the best across all the Age Ranges in at the Championships!!

This could have been one of the countless tragic stories we all know too well these days. Of the kid who fell through the cracks for whatever reason, started believing all that garbage we know can be said by those who have no business being Teachers, not to mention what other kids can be like and.... We end up talking about another lost kid who ended up dealing w/stress and issues no child should ever deal w/and couldn't.

Instead, Nick is blossoming and is busy fundraising for his trip as part of the contingent that will be travelling in a year and a half to take part in the events marking the Centennial of The Battle of Vimy Ridge. Which is a huge honour for any kid, but for *this* kid!?! He truly has come a very long way.

And all due to Cadets. I really think Kate taking on this Patronage will allow her, not only to see how the discipline and responsibility Cadets asks from the kids helps to build confidence and self esteem, but can also be another tool in the umbrella cause of Youth Mental Health Issues. Now, I know Cadets is not for every kid out there, but for those kids that it's not only the right fit for them, but literally be where the fork in the road took you to Depression, Despair and who knows what else or opened up a entirely new World full of potential? It is amazing what it can do for those kids. I've seen it. :D

I truly can not wait to see what Kate brings to her newest role and what being the new Honourary Air Commandant brings to her.

On a truly shallow note...I can not wait to see Kate in Uniform for the very first time. I truly think it will literally suit her to a tee. :D

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess will mark the 75th anniversary of @aircadets on Sunday 7th February, on her first official engagement as Honorary Air Commandant

Her Royal Highness will attend a service @RoyalAirForce Church St Clement Danes, followed by a reception at the Royal Courts of Justice

The Duke passed his @aircadets patronage to The Duchess in December 2015, after 63 years as Air Commodore-in-Chief

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/690548880937738240

Last edited:
The Duchess will mark the 75th anniversary of @aircadets on Sunday 7th February, on her first official engagement as Honorary Air Commandant

Her Royal Highness will attend a service @RoyalAirForce Church St Clement Danes, followed by a reception at the Royal Courts of Justice

The Duke passed his @aircadets patronage to The Duchess in December 2015, after 63 years as Air Commodore-in-Chief

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/690548880937738240

Wonder if we'll see her in Uniform? Thanks for letting us know!!

Wonder if we'll see her in Uniform? Thanks for letting us know!!

She won't be in uniform. At least according to the woman who was present when Kate took over the patronage.

Comdt AC @ComdtAC
@ibbitsc it was agreed that our new Patron would not wear uniform or have a rank so we agreed to mirror my title of Comdt.

AIR CADETS 75TH ANNIVERSARY SERVICE:
Air Cadets 75th Anniversary Service, Sun 7 Feb 2016 at St Lawrence Church, Alton | Alton Events

Carol Vorderman MBE ‏@carolvorders 4h4 hours ago
Tmrw is huge for all of us in @aircadets.So proud to wear my uniform to our 75th Anniversary church service #Ambassador #HonGpCpt @ComdtAC

Comdt AC ‏@ComdtAC 8h8 hours ago
Have had some exciting times as Comdt Air Cadets but can honestly feel the buzz about tomorrow's events. Doubt I'll sleep much tonight!

JB Retweeted
WO Tony Bird ‏@corpsdrillwo 12h12 hours ago
Good luck to all attending ATC Sunday. Our kick off 75th parade and service. Be proud & show the world our youth at their best. @ComdtAC

JB Retweeted
Comdt AC ‏@ComdtAC 18h18 hours ago
Time to sort my uniforms ready for what promises to be a highlight of my 31-year RAF career tomorrow. Can't wait to host our Royal Patron.

JB Retweeted
Comdt AC ‏@ComdtAC 15h15 hours ago
Social media going nuts about the ATC 75th; do share your photos and stories from across the UK so we can raise our profile #whatwedo

JB ‏@Royal_beans 6h6 hours ago
REMINDER: The Duchess of Cambridge will mark the 75th anniversary year of the RAF Air Cadets as Honorary Air Commandant Feb 07 #royal

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge will carry out her first engagement as Honorary Air Commandant of the Air Cadets by marking their 75th anniversary.

Kate assumed the role in December, taking on the post from the Duke of Edinburgh who had been involved with the organisation for more than 60 years.

At the RAF church of St Clement Danes in central London on Sunday Kate will join the congregation for a service to mark the anniversary.

Afterwards she will be guest of honour at a reception at the Royal Courts of Justice where the cadets will get the chance to meet their new patron.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge to mark Air Cadets' 75th anniversary - ITV News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom