The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a wide range of interests:lol:. Focussing on only one thing makes people boring. Were you not the one who explained what BDSM meant?:whistling:

This will all get deleted in a minute, but yes I did explain what BDSM meant to a poster who asked. Not sure what that has to do with you finding royal current events boring.

This will all get deleted in a minute, but yes I did explain what BDSM meant to a poster who asked. Not sure what that has to do with you finding royal current events boring.

I didn't say I find them boring, merely that some topics can be more interesting than certain current royal events.

Back to the Scouts, was anyone else intrigued at how they whipped up that rope breadstick? Is there a recipe?

I'm wondering if any of the scouts found a small diamond in their rope breadstick. If they did, and they bit on it and broke a filling, who would pay their dentist bill?

I looked up recipes on the website and there is a cookbook

imagegen.ashx

Why thank you, guys! We have an upcoming camping trip. :flowers:

I remember eating a variation of those bread twists when I went camping, but they were solid and molded to the stick. When we slipped them off, they formed a great cavity to put loads of jelly in which they needed. They tasted so bland!

Last edited:
They are in dire need of some cheese in the mix instead of sugar, methinks.

But I must say I am quite intrigued by that idea of cooking an egg in an orange.

They are in dire need of some cheese in the mix instead of sugar, methinks.

But I must say I am quite intrigued by that idea of cooking an egg in an orange.

Here is the orange egg recipe. I hear it is a hit on royal camping trips in the Netherlands. :brows: (Sorry, could not find a groaning smiley). Egg In an Orange Recipe

:previous: Thanks. :flowers: Having now seen the process, and the result, on youtube - yes, it is on youtube - I think I'd prefer to poach the egg or boil it, or forget eggs completely and just stick to heating up things that come out of cans. Much easier.

I would give anything to go camping and try the egg in the orange, we are getting your snow storm. it has been about 3 hours and about 4 inches. 6 more inches to go by noon tomorrow. :(

The North has had a terrible, terrible winter, and then there was Sandy for the Northeast in addition to all of the snow. We've had a few incredibly scary tornado warnings here in the Georgia this winter, but apart from that we cannot complain in comparison. Our winter has been nice and mild and we've had some drought busting rains. :flowers:

Teaching children how to be safe is by far the best. Of course it can backfire! I remember once when I was about 7 or 8 my father was supposed to pick me up from church. Well, he had too good a poker hand to leave so he handed his car keys to a friend and told him to pick me up. Boy was he mad when I refused to get in our (very distinctive) car with someone I didn't know! My mother had quite a job calming him down saying I did only what he told me to do.

Aww how mean y did he get mad? Every kid is told not to get into cars with strangers. When I was a kid they told parents to make up a safe word in case another adult had to pick up their child.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1m
New engagement for the Duchess of Cambridge just announced: visit to The Willows Primary School in Wythenshawe Manchester on Tues April 23rd

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1m
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit #Manchester on April 23rd launch a new school counselling programme. #kate #royal

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1m
The new counselling program will be a partnership between the Royal Foundation, Comic Relief, Place2Be + @ActionAddiction. #KateinManchester

Last edited:

I am really heartened by what I have been seeing The Royal Foundation doing recently and I think we're looking more and more into the shape of things to come as patronages and charities start to collaborate their programs and work together for the betterment of all.

"This visit will mark the official launch of the M-Pact Plus partnership between Place2Be, The Royal Foundation, Comic Relief and Action on Addiction to reduce the impact of addiction on children and their families. HRH The Duchess of Cambridge will meet Place2Be staff and volunteers, and parents, children and staff from school. Comedian John Bishop will represent Comic Relief at the event."

YAY! That's exciting news.

Oh man, leave it to the Mail to write this in the snarkiest way possible.

Their lead in:

"The Duchess of Cambridge has at long last decided to take on more public duties by agreeing to become patron of three charities."

Duchess of Cambridge agrees to become patron of three charities | Mail Online

They make it sound like she had to be forced into it and dragged her feet about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, leave it to the Mail to write this in the snarkiest way possible.

Their lead in:

"The Duchess of Cambridge has at long last decided to take on more public duties by agreeing to become patron of three charities."

Duchess of Cambridge agrees to become patron of three charities | Mail Online

They make it sound like she had to be forced into it and dragged her feet about it.

What i find more appalling than that is that they fail to mention that she infact took on 4 charities a year ago. They make it sound like these are her first patronages. :bang:

It also isn't far to compare the number of patronages of Kate a 2 yr royal to the Queen Mum at her death after 70 years of being royal.

It also isn't far to compare the number of patronages of Kate a 2 yr royal to the Queen Mum at her death after 70 years of being royal.

You mean she didn't take on those 700 charities within 2 yrs? The Daily Fail indeed.

The idea of being patron to 700 charities is simply absurd. It just cannot be possible to have a meaningful relationship with that many organisations at once. If all the charities want out of it is to put a royal's name on their letterhead then that's fair enough, but I would've thought most charities would want a genuine and close relationship with their patron.

We had been waiting for this news and I think it's great.

The idea of being patron to 700 charities is simply absurd. It just cannot be possible to have a meaningful relationship with that many organisations at once. If all the charities want out of it is to put a royal's name on their letterhead then that's fair enough, but I would've thought most charities would want a genuine and close relationship with their patron.

I agree, you can't put meaningful attention to all those charities. When Diana divorced, she dropped about 600 charities or so and decided to just focus on a select few. I think that's just best.

Last edited:
Isn't place2be one of the charities involved in the upcoming Manchester school visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom