The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, messy play is an activity for young children, where they can play with things like paint and water etc. :flowers:

also includes sand pasta shaving foam and cornflour (read that in one of the articles)

Quote from Richard Palmer - Express: "Kate was on great form. She's very, confident, effective, and puts them at ease."

Last edited by a moderator:
Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has met volunteers and families at the Shooting Star House Children's Hospice in Hampton today. Shows: GVs Kate with talking to disabled children and their parents, entertaining the children with a hand puppet, and being given a bouquet-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has met volunteers and families at the Shooting Star House Children's Hospice in Hampton today. Shows: GVs Kate with talking to disabled children and their parents, entertaining the children with a hand puppet, and being given a bouquet-
Home - ITNSource News

the little and the fist bump is lovely to see - she didnt want Catherine to leave. When you consider the issues the people herre, incl Catherine, are v special. I would find it so difficult to spend time with parents who had lost 2 young children. V moving

I really like what she's wearing. Her blazer is super smart and not the standard cut we see the most. The wash of her jeans is really nice and I don't even mind the shoes she's wearing.

She looks like she feels well and confident too. Which is a big factor into the way you look. (Example: Queen Máxima)

the little and the fist bump is lovely to see - she didnt want Catherine to leave. When you consider the issues the people herre, incl Catherine, are v special. I would find it so difficult to spend time with parents who had lost 2 young children. V moving
I agree: I would find it difficult to express compassion without becoming helplessly emotional, and I admire those who can "keep it together" while still obviously caring.
On another note - I was pleased to hear her refer to "Father Christmas" [as I do] rather than "Santa Claus" - much more British :)

Seems odd but i think she looks 1000 times better than last night. She's so pretty "au naturel".

That little girl hugging Kate in the video was a real scene stealer; what a charmer! Thanks for posting, Dman.

The videos are very nice and heartwarming. Those who have met her have said Catherine is a very nice, caring person who enjoy working with her charities. The kids really take to her and she has grown very confident in her royal duties.

Picture from the music session at the Shooting Star hospice

http://t.co/FSvQtUym1h

I think she has a green glove puppet!

Lovely quote from the Hospice

"She took the time to speak to families, volunteers & staff to learn more about the impact of our work & the wider palliative care network."

"The Duchess is a committed supporter of children's hospices & showed great knowledge about our vital work supporting children...

...with life-limiting conditions & their families."

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 1h
Kate revealed George has been introduced to "messy play" during her visit @SSChospices today (with thanks to @theroyaleditor)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 49m
A lovely and moving visit for Kate this afternoon. Look out for some very cute pictures of her with the children and a frog puppet.

Princess Charming! Kate brings early Christmas cheer to gravely sick children-
Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge uses frog puppet to bring Christmas cheer to sick kids | Royal | News | Daily Express

"The Duchess also met volunteers who help out at the hospice. She plans to launch a new initiative to encourage more people to volunteer in hospices.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said: "The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry is currently developing a pilot for a volunteering programme to support families of children with life-limiting conditions.

"A key component of today's visit is for The Duchess to meet a group of Shooting Stars volunteers, to better understand how they support the hospice and its families."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 24m
The Duchess of Cambridge today comforted parents who lost their son, 5, on Oct 18 and their daughter,1, on Dec 3. Can't imagine their pain.
Shooting Star got a visit from another star today- Not in the celebrity sense star, no a star whose magic light of love shines brightly on every life she touches.

That little girl hugging Kate in the video was a real scene stealer; what a charmer! Thanks for posting, Dman.

That was precious. I happen to have a little girl in my class with a very similar personality. It melts my heart to see kids show so much love. Catherine has a gift; plain, and simple. She brings sunshine wherever she goes.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Catherine has always been good with kids. Always lovely the way they react to her, especially the ones she visits in hospices, they just light up when she is around.

I have to say motherhood as been good for her confidence. She seems more sure of herself & her interactions are less guided, which is lovely to see

Catherine has always been good with kids. Always lovely the way they react to her, especially the ones she visits in hospices, they just light up when she is around.

I have to say motherhood as been good for her confidence. She seems more sure of herself & her interactions are less guided, which is lovely to see
Excellent post!!!

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 1h
Kate revealed George has been introduced to "messy play" during her visit @SSChospices today (with thanks to @theroyaleditor)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 49m
A lovely and moving visit for Kate this afternoon. Look out for some very cute pictures of her with the children and a frog puppet.

Princess Charming! Kate brings early Christmas cheer to gravely sick children-
Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge uses frog puppet to bring Christmas cheer to sick kids | Royal | News | Daily Express

"The Duchess also met volunteers who help out at the hospice. She plans to launch a new initiative to encourage more people to volunteer in hospices.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said: "The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry is currently developing a pilot for a volunteering programme to support families of children with life-limiting conditions.

"A key component of today's visit is for The Duchess to meet a group of Shooting Stars volunteers, to better understand how they support the hospice and its families."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 24m
The Duchess of Cambridge today comforted parents who lost their son, 5, on Oct 18 and their daughter,1, on Dec 3. Can't imagine their pain.

Cant wait to learn more about this volunteering programme for children's hospices.
Catherine clearly feels strongly for Children's hospice.

Enjoyed the video - not only does she have a lovely, easy way with children, she manages to maintain her focus on them despite the cameras constantly clicking away. She has learned in a very short time the skills which some Royals never truly master.

I agree, excellent post. Becoming a parent reframes the meaning of your life. There is larger purpose you take on.

I agree, I can see a change in both William & Catherine now they've become parents themselves. Must be very special for the kids to meet a real princess.

Love all of the video and photos.

Totally agree. She has really grown in her role. I'm interested to see what next year holds.

That volunteering program sounds really interesting. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Shooting Star got a visit from another star today- Not in the celebrity sense star, no a star whose magic light of love shines brightly on every life she touches.

You're certainly correct here. Catherine made the kids'/families' day, I'm sure. I'm a bit envious of her skills with kids. She's at such ease with them. I love kids, but it takes me a while to lose my fear of being thought of as 'strange', and lose my inhibitions.

Excellent post! I couldn't agree more.

The Duchess of Cambridge sang songs and played with a frog puppet at a children's hospice today.
She smiled broadly as she joined in with nursery rhymes and Christmas carols with youngsters with life-limiting conditions at Shooting Star House in Hampton, Middlesex.
The young mother played along and chatted to boys and girls with serious illnesses, and at one point shared a group hug with three young girls who gave her a posy of pink roses.

Video: Duchess of Cambridge visits children's hospice - Telegraph

Thank you for the video. She really has grown into her role as a member of the BRF.

You're welcome. :) I agree with you, and it's good to see Catherine taking part in more engagements now. I enjoyed looking at the photos/watching the videos of her visit to the children's hospice.

I really don't think she was very effusive I had caught the child in my lap rigth away, maybe she could't....I don't kow...but to me she was not natural and she didn't gave that child the attention she wants...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom