The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Place2Be & Other Child Mental Health Charities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Place2Be & Other Child Mental Health Charities

UKCambridgeDuchess300x215-1.png

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

The Duchess of Cambridge's
Child Mental Health Charities

This thread includes:
Patron of the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
Announced February 17, 2016
Official Website

Royal Patron of The Art Room
January 5, 2012 to January 11, 2018
Merger with Place2Be
Official Website

Patron of Place2Be
Announced April 18, 2013
Official Website

Last edited:
OH I just realized this was never posted:
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit The Art Room’s classroom at Rose Hill Primary School, Oxford, where Her Royal Highness will meet teachers and children involved in the project, as well as participating in a class.

The Duchess of Cambridge, will visit The Art Room’s classroom at Oxford Spires Academy School, Oxford, where Her Royal Highness will join a round table discussion covering de-briefing, training and supervision of all The Art Room staff in Oxford.
The Prince of Wales - Tuesday 21st February 2012

So we'll be seeing the Duchess again in exactly one week! God save me let's hope this one is scheduled a bit later in the day so I can actually be around for it. I hate missing all the live action.

Got word about times tomorrow and it should be around the same time as the last appearances which would be 2am PST/5:00am EST and 7:00am EST/4:00am PST somewhere around there give or take. I'm not able to get exact times but that's what I've been told thus far. Again due to me having class tomorrow morning I can't stay too long but I will update with whatever info I am able to get before I have to leave.

Ok reporters are starting to arrive in Oxford. Today is Shrove Tuesday in the UK so will we see a repeat of last year's pancake toss?

Spoke to Chris Jackson and he confirmed to me all the appearances are this morning and right now it's 8am in London so I'd expect things to start soon. I can stay here till 1:30 after that I'm off to bed sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok reporters are starting to arrive in Oxford. Today is Shrove Tuesday in the UK so will we see a repeat of last year's pancake toss?

I'll be tucking into my pancake breakfast, shame for the Duchess to miss out. ;)

Spoke to Chris Jackson and he confirmed to me all the appearances are this morning and right now it's 8am in London so I'd expect things to start soon.

It's almost 9 actually. :)

BBC News - Duchess of Cambridge visits Oxford schools

I'm partially following the news on twitter, and there are some lovely tweets from school children who will meet her today. Lots of talk about her being on the lunch time news.

I'll be tucking into my pancake breakfast, shame for the Duchess to miss out. ;)

It's almost 9 actually. :)

BBC News - Duchess of Cambridge visits Oxford schools

I'm partially following the news on twitter, and there are some lovely tweets from school children who will meet her today. Lots of talk about her being on the lunch time news.
ya your right I shoulda said 8am almost 9am but I wasn't thinking it's late so my brain's asleep:lol:

What a wonderful outing. I bet the children must have loved her visit.

Last edited:
some people are already setting up at her 2nd location Max Foster of CNN is thinking we should get pics soon, so I'm reading that as she's supposed to arrive soon. Unless we get anything huge in the next 10 mins that's about it from me for this morning sadly :(

I've got Twitter, gettyimages, zimbio, DailyMail and BBC News open refreshing every two minutes. :lol:

Already seeing some angry tweets about Catherine blocking up the roads, people moaning that there's no reason for her to visit cause Oxford itself has more accomplished people that don't get the same praise. :ermm:

UPDATE: Sizeable crowds are gathering in Oxford, tweets say Catherine is expected in the next few minutes. Reuters have a videostream going live at 10:15, presumably that's when she's arriving.

LIVE STREAM: Reuters Live Stream

Catherine's wearing a Orla Keily tweed long sleeved dress, hair down and small black heels.

First partial picture, http://lockerz.com/s/185825822 and a better picture, http://yfrog.com/esm27xjj

Kate managed to look happy but that is one dull outfit. Not sure why people on twitter are complaint about roads being closed, it would be done if it was any other royal visiting and not just Kate.

Does Kate have a LIW or assistant who attends events with her? The lady in the BBC video in the green scarf, she has been with Kate also at the last event.

Also in the video, it would've been nice to see Kate greet more children as she entered the school and not just 1 or 2 of the students.

Last edited:
Kate managed to look happy but that is one dull outfit.

I thought that the outfit was purely "Kate". It was simple cut, flattering to her figure and even gave a sort of "Marilyn Monroe" moment there. I don't think we're going to see sensationalistic dresses and fashion breakthroughs from her... she doesn't need it.

Does Kate have a LIW or assistant who attends events with her? The lady in the BBC video in the green scarf, she has been with Kate also at the last event.

Just my odd thought but I thought there was one of her protection officers that was female and blonde. At this hour in the AM here and only a half a cup of coffee in me, its just an foggy am thought.

Also in the video, it would've been nice to see Kate greet more children as she entered the school and not just 1 or 2 of the students.

I would think that if they were outside of the school, they wouldn't have been students that Kate had been scheduled to meet and interact with. The fact that she did do a bit of a walkabout and met and greeted some people shows her awareness of folks that would just gather to see her arrive. A big plus in my book.

I would think that if they were outside of the school, they wouldn't have been students that Kate had been scheduled to meet and interact with. The fact that she did do a bit of a walkabout and met and greeted some people shows her awareness of folks that would just gather to see her arrive. A big plus in my book.

There were several reports and pictures prior to the arrival on students lining both of the streets with "handmade union jacks". The lifestream I watched, showed a section of crowds, not part of the school area, then as Catherine moved towards the school you saw the children and there must have been 40+. From what I saw she walked away from her meet and greet party and spoke to 2 children, then moved back towards the school and spoke to one boy for a few minutes, then went inside.

I read that Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton had to draw Kate away from her walkabouts last week as they were behind schedule. Kate seemed to want to greet as many people as possible, but it was just taking so long.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was trying her bet to keep better time this week.

You can actually hear her speaking. Very nice. She speaks louder and seems even more confident. So is anyone going to comment on what she is wearing even though it is probably sold out as usual?

Did anyone else notice her habit of carrying her handbag and/or placing her hands directly below her waist? I'm not trying to make an issue of it ... just something that I've noticed she does.

She's doing a great job yet again. I love the apron, and the teacher-y feel of the atmosphere of her visit. This is yet more evidence that she would have done great as a primary school/special ed. teacher. Love how involved she was with a little boy at the primary school. He was so happy, and probably got a confidence boost :D.

perfect, absolutly perfect! I cant wait to see her in an official act with the queen!

Another video
Duchess of Cambridge - Oxford - February 2012 - YouTube

I read that Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton had to draw Kate away from her walkabouts last week as they were behind schedule. Kate seemed to want to greet as many people as possible, but it was just taking so long.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was trying her bet to keep better time this week.
Yeah that sounds about right. I can't member what video it was but someone last week said that Catherine told them she often gets in trouble cause she takes too long with meet and greets but she told the person that she can't help herself she just wants to meet as many people as possible.

I just wanted to address something, as someone who has met a royal I can say atleast from my experience that they tell them to whom to go and speak with. I know with me they told Camilla when she arrived to come to me and to get the flowers and speak to me and just by watching the footage it sorta seems like those 2 boys in the red shirts were pointed out to Kate by the teacher as well as one's who had flowers for her. Anyways I'm just speaking from my own experience idk.

Skynews video:http://catherines--world.tumblr.com/post/18019476410

What was Kate's appearance about today? There's so many videos and pictures but I seem to have skated over what the event and appearance was for.

She visited schools in Oxford as part of being patron the charity The Art Room

"Only v young, some of the children are not quite sure who Kate is , but all happily recall ’ the lady who had the big wedding last year ‘"- via Mr Regal Eyes
One of my fave pics from today: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzras83cmI1r8thv5o1_400.jpg

I LOVE this video http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/46470068/#46470068

Yet another video filmed by a student
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDmct_3kM80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJcIro-aGbY

One more:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/watch-kate-middleton-make-art_n_1291461.html
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xoxa9e_duchess-of-cambridge-on-solo-visit-to-oxford_news

Love the video of Kate from today, she really is fitting into her royal role so well IMO!

Thanks so much again, Ghost Night, and to everyone else who posted such lovely videos. It's so nice to hear Kate's voice with such clarity; she sounds very charming and sweet to the children. And how cute is her "Miss Catherine" pinny. I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom