The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Place2Be & Other Child Mental Health Charities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
This evening (Wednesday 19 November) HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, Royal Patron of a children's mental health charity. Her Royal Highness also presented a special award to Benita Refson OBE, who founded Place2Be in 1984 and has been its President since January 2014. The Awards, supported by the Garfield Weston Foundation, took place in the State Apartments of Kensington Palace when the winners in the seven award categories were announced in front of 160 guests, including the 20 finalists-

Home - ITNSource News

As always, love the photos of Kate with children- especially Bailey! Almost don't have words for how magical she is- she seems so warm and engaging! She brings out the best in kids, and they sure seem to bring out the best in her!

Second- Love -it the smile that lights up any room she enters, and all the lives she touches! Is it next Tuesday already?!

You hit the nail on the head.

Catherine is looking like this pregnancy agrees with her. I hope it's a little princess. A little princess would be so much fun.

The video below -
Simply adorable! :flowers: Very catchy tune, and the children are just precious. Every now and again I could hear the teacher singing. I'm in love with this video.

I hope for a little girl as well, and that video is adorable. Reminded me of doing movement activities in my preschool classroom.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Kate continues to impress me, especially interacting with children, that's not so simple as it could seem at first sight.

I think if their second baby is a boy, they'll try for another chance - to have a girl.

^^^ I agree. From looking at the video she was very engaged with all who were at the event.

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 12m12 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will officially name The Clore #ArtRoom at @primary_barlby on Thursday 15th January

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 23m
New Kate engagement! Thurs 15th Jan, opening of Clore Art Room (the engagement she missed with HG) via @QueenVicMirror

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 31m
A Kate engagement announced! She will officially name The Clore Art Room at Barlby Primary School, London on January 15.

Duchess of Cambridge's first engagements of 2015 confirmed - hellomagazine.com
The Duchess of Cambridge, née Kate Middleton, will undertake her first two public engagements of the year in January, it was confirmed on Tuesday. In a series of tweets Clarence House confirmed that the Duchess will be undertaking two appearances on Thursday 15 and Friday 16 January.

Kate is first scheduled to visit Barlby Primary School in London on Thursday 15 January, where she will officially name The Clore art room as part of her work as Patron of charity The Art Room.

Oh, I am so looking forward to this! Art Room engagements are always a treat, and the Duchess with children a joy!

Oh, I am so looking forward to this! Art Room engagements are always a treat, and the Duchess with children a joy!
I'm really looking forward to it as well. I hope she will do some hands on things, not just open it. But in any case it will be lovely to see her with children again!! :)

She is indeed. I'm happy to see her out and about.

I'm really looking forward to it as well. I hope she will do some hands on things, not just open it. But in any case it will be lovely to see her with children again!! :)

Almost all engagements that involve children have included hands-on interaction. I hope this one is no different, since Catherine is great with children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm sure she will. She has in the past at AR events- I've never seen her be hands off with kids. The day I do, I will pass out from shock...

I'm sure she will. She has in the past at AR events- I've never seen her be hands off with kids. The day I do, I will pass out from shock...
Oh, I didn't mean she wouldn't be hands on with the kids. I was talking more about her painting or doing crafts or something :p You are ofc right, she is always hands on!

Glad to see that this event was able to be rescheduled from October 2014.

@TheArtRoomUK: Today HRH Duchess of Cambridge will visit @barlby_primary in London to name The Clore @TheArtRoomUK . Thank you @KensingtonRoyal

Last edited:
Every inch the yummy mummy! The Duchess of Cambridge is pretty in navy as she meets arty children (and Grayson Perry) | Daily Mail Online
The Duchess of Cambridge looked every inch the yummy mummy today, as she arrived to officially name a new school art room in London. This is the first time that Kate, who is six-months pregnant, has been seen since her appearance with the rest of the royal family at church on Boxing Day.

Resplendent in a £450 loose fitting navy dress by maternity brand Madderson enlivened with bold zig-zag print on the hems and cuffs, the Duchess was all smiles as she arrived at Barlby Primary School in West London and wore her long hair in trademark waves.

She was joined for the event by Turner Prize-winning artist Grayson Perry who wore a typically daring short black dress as he helped the Duchess launch the new studio.

Look at this pretty artwork waiting for when Kate arrives. It is really well done!! :)

https://twitter.com/HRHDuchesskate/status/555684227845730305/photo/1

First- That is so awesome!:cool:
Second- As always a pleasure to see the Duchess with kids! The DM said she had an engagement Monday! Where? Why do I want to say hospice? I'll be here. Never too much Kate. Y'know I dislike reading in other threads how the Duchess barely works, does nothing. I would rather her do a couple engagements every now and then, that she puts her heart and soul into then a lot where she doesn't- Quality versus quantity.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/555763171374288896

A cute clip with her talking with one of the kids about their artwork.

I actually think she asked really good questions and managed to make a connection even from that awkward distance :) I like that she asked WHY he made the choices.

Catherine being her wonderful self with children. She definitely knows how to engage them, and make them feel like what they have to say is important. You can tell that it comes naturally to her. Delightful. Thank you so much for sharing.

:previous:

So amazing. She's so cute when the first thing she says is sorry she had to cancel the last engagement. The woman said "We understood" but you could see her thinking "Uhm... Yeah, you we're puking your guts out. No need to apologize" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge may be six months pregnant but her trim figure was praised by artist Grayson Perry as she carried out her first engagement of the year. The Turner prize-winning artist described Kate, who has a series of royal engagements over the coming days, as "looking pretty chic for six months". Wearing a dark dress with a colourful trim by the British designer Madderson, the Duchess met Perry when she visited a London primary to officially name an art studio-

Home - ITNSource News

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...of-Cambridge-opens-a-new-school-art-room.html

Last edited:
A wonderful program to give kids a creative outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom