The Duchess of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Duchess of Cambridge, @Wimbledon Patron, and The Duchess of Sussex will attend the Ladies' Singles Final on Saturday 14th July #Wimbledon⁠ ⁠

On Sunday 15th July, The Duchess of Cambridge along with The Duke of Cambridge will attend the @Wimbledon Gentlemen's Singles Final #Wimbledon⁠ ⁠

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the All England Club, meets Tia Carter ahead of today’s Ladies’ Singles Final.

#Wimbledon⁠ ⁠ @KensingtonRoyal

Pic

Via Wimbledon Foundation Twitter.

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the All England Club, meets Tia Carter ahead of today’s Ladies’ Singles Final.

#Wimbledon⁠ ⁠ @KensingtonRoyal

Pic

Via Wimbledon Foundation Twitter.

Thanks for sharing this. Airplay is quite marvelous. Tia seems such a lovely young person.

Great pic of Catherine. You can see her Wimbledon ribbon on her dress. It signifies she’s a member of The All England Club

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiJjzu4U0AEsCva.jpg

Court Circular 14 July 2018

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and Patron, the Lawn Tennis Association, accompanied by The Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon attended the Women’s Finals Day of the Lawn Tennis Championships at Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19.

Court Circular 15 July 2018

The Duke of Cambridge and The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and Patron, the Lawn Tennis Association, this afternoon attended the Men’s Finals Day of the Lawn Tennis Championships at Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19.

Via Cepe Smith Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the fact that she chose to support Dart, who plays on a smaller court, rather than sit in the Royal Box (where I'm sure we'll see her too during this year's Wimbleon).
She looks really good today, very happy.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and Patron, the Lawn Tennis Association, this afternoon attended the Lawn Tennis Championships at Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 2 JULY 2019

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and The Duchess of Sussex will attend the Ladies' Singles Final at The Championships

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and The Duke of Cambridge will attend the Gentlemen's Singles Final of The Championships, Wimbledon on Sunday 14th July. #Wimbledon*

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge has arrived at Wimbledon ahead of the women's singles final. Kate, patron of the All England Lawn Tennis Club, will be watching the tennis action from the Royal Box on Centre Court.

After arriving the duchess spoke to a group of junior players due to play in a girls' doubles semi-final, she ended the conversation by saying “may see you on Centre Court one day”

“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at Wimbledon for Roger Federer's clash with Novak Djokovic in the men’s singles final. Kate wore a pale blue 1950s style mid-length dress with nude heels, while William looked casual in a grey suit jacket with navy trousers.”

“The royal pair met some of the ball boys and ball girls and senior figures from the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), including head referee and former player Andrew Jarrett.”

Duchess of Cambridge presented the trophies after today's Men's final and I'm so happy! I've been waiting for that!

Now all I need is Andy Murray coming back and winning Wimbledon and Catherine presenting the trophy to him, the ultimate dream. Oh, and a picture of Catherine with Kim Murray - two of the best blowouts in the UK :lol:

Duchess of Cambridge presented the trophies after today's Men's final and I'm so happy! I've been waiting for that!

Now all I need is Andy Murray coming back and winning Wimbledon and Catherine presenting the trophy to him, the ultimate dream. Oh, and a picture of Catherine with Kim Murray - two of the best blowouts in the UK :lol:

Don't know why today and not yesterday and also feel a bit embarrassed for the Duke of Kent, the actual President of Wimbledon, to be sidelined like this after all his decades of service. I thought Catherine would have done the presentation after the Duke had retired/died. Don't see why it had to happen now.

Last edited:
Don't know why today and not yesterday and also feel a bit embarrassed for the Duke of Kent as actual President of Wimbledon to be sidelined like this after all of these decades. I thought Catherine would have done the presentation after the Duke had retired/died. Don't see why it had to happen now.

The Duke has clearly been spoken to about this, and has agreed to it. I don't really see why it's an issue. :whistling:

The Duke has clearly been spoken to about this, and has agreed to it. I don't really see why it's an issue. :whistling:

Well we don't know how he feels about it. I personally would have given him the courtesy of doing the presentation until he retired. He is the President of the All England Club after all and in his eighties so what was the rush? I also don't get why Catherine did the presentation today and not yesterday but that's another question.

Well we don't know how he feels about it. I personally would have given him the courtesy of doing the presentation until he retired. He is the President of the All England Club after all and in his eighties so what was the rush? I also don't get why Catherine did the presentation today and not yesterday but that's another question.

I didn't say we did know how he felt.

What's clear is that there's a reason why Catherine presented the trophies today and because Catherine doesn't seem the rude type to elbow The Duke of Kent out of the picture, I think we can assume The Duke was fine with the arrangement.

The Duke of Cambridge and The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and Patron, the Lawn Tennis Association, this afternoon attended the Lawn Tennis Championships at Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 14 JULY 2019

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and Patron, the Lawn Tennis Association, accompanied by The Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon attended the Lawn Tennis Championships at Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 13 JULY 2019

I believe that the Duke of Kent and the Duchess of Cambridge would have conferred about their respective trophy duties for the 2019 Tournament prior to the event.
IMO it is not a slight to anyone for the AELTC Patron and President to share the role as trophy presenter. Also in 2019 I believe that it is appropriate for Edward to present the trophy to the Ladies' Champion and for Catherine to present it to the Men's Champion.��

Last edited:
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has praised the ‘often unrivalled dedication’ shown by talented young athletes and their families in a message celebrating this year’s SportsAid Week. In the message, The Duchess also highlighted ‘the supporters and partners of SportsAid’ for the role they have played in ensuring the athletes can pursue their ambitions. The Duchess became the Patron of SportsAid in 2013.

Read more: HRH The Duchess of Cambridge sends message to celebrate SportsAid Week

What a fun event. Catherine is in her element. You can tell how much she enjoys sports activities

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge at the SportsAid Event today.

Court Circular 26th February:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, SportsAid, this morning visited the London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20.

Looks like Wimbledon will be happening this year with reduced numbers of spectators.

Wimbledon is expected to go ahead as scheduled this year with a reduced number of spectators. The tournament is scheduled for June 28th-July 11th. The All England Club is waiting to make a final decision on the number of spectators.

Back
Top Bottom