The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-02-2019, 01:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Anything and everything these days can be used for good or for bad and even for ugly. We've seen tremendous response to a social media incentive that has astounded the charities getting donations because people "follow" a couple having a baby. We see the rumors, the gossip and the outright nasty things that people spread on social media and we see purely destructive vitriol worthy of any "shock jock" you'll find anywhere.

Its our job to be discriminating. Its our job to be aware enough to make an intelligent decision as to what we pay attention to and what we don't allow rent free space in our heads. One cannot dismiss and discard something they know absolutely nothing about or stick their head in the sand like an ostrich.

Here, we're informed of what's going on out there but the good part is that we can see this wolf in sheep's clothing exactly for what it is and call it as we see it. If we're discriminating enough, we discuss it and dismiss it because we know better than to aid and abet spreading this germ further.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:54 AM
Aristocracy

^^]

It goes when you decide to put it behind. When you try to dig for reasons to bring it up then it appears to be bigger or should I say worst. It goes when you leave the story alone. We probably wouldn’t be discussing this now if people chose to leave it alone. That’s what makes it strong, constantly reading about won’t help it fading my

Old 04-02-2019, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's move on from the speculation and gossip about the Cambridge marriage, please.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thomas van Straubenzee friend of Duke of Cambridge and Godfather of Princess Charlotte is getting married to Prince George’s teacher

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-friend.html
Old 06-23-2019, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince George and Princess Charlotte are set to be part of the wedding party along with their father;
https://twitter.com/royanikkhah/stat...849605120?s=21
Old 06-23-2019, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Thomas van Straubenzee friend of Duke of Cambridge and Godfather of Princess Charlotte is getting married to Prince George’s teacher

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-friend.html
According to the comments, she is a teacher at the Clapham school, not Battersea. So, she wouldn't be George's teacher. Oh well, typical DM.

Wonder where the wedding will take place?
Old 07-12-2019, 03:28 AM
Majesty

Source: The Telegraph. Another two besties off the Market
Old 07-31-2019, 01:52 AM
Majesty

Old 12-30-2019, 10:55 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Information about Lady Melissa Percy has been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead-11281.html thread.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Emilia and David Jardine-Patterson have welcomed a baby girl; Lucia Beatrice India.

https://twitter.com/cepesmith/status...028292097?s=21

Thanks Cepe.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

Thomas van Straubenzee and his wife Lucy Lanigan-O'Keeffe became parents for the first time. The couple announced the birth of their first child, a daughter called Mary.

Thomas is also Princess Charlotte's godfather.

https://www.tatler.com/article/thoma...effe-baby-news

Congratulation to the new parents Thomas and Lucy!
Old 10-19-2020, 08:41 PM
Majesty

Let's hope this marriage will last longer than his first - for both of them and baby Mary (very traditional name BTW). Getting married within two years because (?) they are expecting a baby, doesn't seem to be the best possible start.
Old 10-20-2020, 01:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Let's hope this marriage will last longer than his first - for both of them and baby Mary (very traditional name BTW). Getting married within two years because (?) they are expecting a baby, doesn't seem to be the best possible start.
Despite Lucy being six months pregnant when they married, they didn't have a shot gun wedding (didn't marry because of it). They announced their engagement in June 2019. They were meant to marry in April but like Beatrice their plans got pushed due to the pandemic. They would have been engaged more then 6 months when Lucy became pregnant.

Its been four years since his divorce from his first wife.

Her full name is reportedly Mary Anna.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really like the name Mary
Old 10-22-2020, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the couple! Not a lot of young girls named Mary about nowadays. I remember it was the first name I really liked when I was around 7/8 - and I still am partial to Mary now!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-22-2020, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the couple on the happy news.

Yes Mary is a very traditional name ,I quite like the different variations of it Miriam, Maria, Marie ,Máire and son on.
The 2 most popular female names in Ireland for many years were Mary and Anne ( the mother and grandmother of Jesus).
Old 11-02-2020, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness

Rose Hanbury, Marchioness of Cholmondeley did an interview with Tatler on the Anish Kapoor exhibition in Houghton Hall. The (inside) exhibition unfortunately ended on 1st November, but visitors can still "admire the impressive collection of permanent works that punctuate it’s sweeping grounds and gardens".

https://www.tatler.com/article/hough...o-anish-kapoor

There are more pictures for the Anish Kapoor exhibition on the Houghton Hall website: https://www.houghtonhall.com/art-and...houghton-hall/

As Tatler mentioned in its article, the Anish Kapoor exhibition reminds me of Cecily Brown's artwork collection at Blenheim Palace.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Congratulations to the couple! Not a lot of young girls named Mary about nowadays. I remember it was the first name I really liked when I was around 7/8 - and I still am partial to Mary now!
That may be because the name Mary was so widely used at one time. Its popularity made it unpopular!

But now it is quite unusual again, so it's coming back in style.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:31 AM
Serene Highness

Mary used to be a very popular name. I often get these three "Teck Princesses" or "Cambridge Ladies" mixed up:
  • Lady May Abel Smith (1906-1994) (Formerly HSH Princess May of Teck, then Miss May Cambridge then The Lady May Cambridge)
  • Lady Mary Whitley (1924-1999) (Formerly Lady Mary Cambridge)
  • Mary Somerset, Duchess of Beaufort (1897-1987) (Formerly HSH Princess Mary of Teck, then Lady Mary Cambridge)
Of course there was Queen Mary (wife of George V) or Mary of Teck, who was Princess Victoria Mary of Teck when she was born.

Other "blood born aristocrat" that I could think of
  • Lady Mary Charteris (b. 1987) (now Lady Mary Furze), daughter of James Charteris, 13th Earl of Wemyss and 9th Earl of March
  • Lady Mary Colman (b. 1929) (formerly Lady Mary Bowes-Lyon), daughter of Captain Hon. Michael Bowes-Lyon (son of Claude Bowes-Lyon, 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne).