The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because they used no name unique to the current BRF.

Please identify any name that is 'unique' to the current BRF. I would like to see ONE name that the only holder anywhere in the world is a member of the BRF as only then could it be 'unique'.

Arthur not in the immediate family of the Spencers or Middleton.

Can you post more info on this Charlotte Bronte patron saint info? Unless it was a joke I don't get. I know Charlotte Bronte may have died because of hyperemesis gravidarum but I wouldn't exactly call her the patron saint of it.

Also, just because Catherine suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum at some point in her pregnancy does not mean she herself considers her pregnancies to have been 'hellacious.'

I was neither joking nor being serious when I said patron saint. Charlotte Bronte is the unofficial ambassador of the illness. A lot of afflicted women draw strength from her memory, and what pre-modern medicine meant for women. I could have said ambassador but since Charlotte died for her "cause", I promoted her to patron saint. I fully realize that she isn't a Catholic icon, I'm not that clueless. It's similar to Diana fans calling her "The Queen of Hearts", they know she wasn't a Queen, so they aren't joking nor are they being literal. Hope that explanation gives clarity.

Also, Hyperemesis Gravidarum is a hellacious condition. If you have been diagnosed then you've suffered greatly. I never implied that I thought she regretted her pregnancies. I wouldn't be surprised if she went for a third child. But I also won't downplay what she went through. I know the media wants to keep women sweet and passive, thus Hyperemsis Gravidarum magically becomes "acute morning sickness" in news articles. But I'm going to call a spade a spade.

This is ridiculous, the names are unique but common.
George-last king of England
Louis-Charles or Williams middle name or both
Alexanxer-apparently used by a Spencer

Charlotte-female version of Charles, is apparently Pippas middle name
Elizabeth-the obvious but is also Catherine's middle name, and apparently her mother's as well.
Diana-his mother
There is no freakin grand Spencer conspiracy; British upper class names are hardly original and are often Recycled.

Why on earth should they have to choose names that don't occur in the Spencer or Middleton families? They're George and Charlotte's families, too. And all three families have many common, traditional English names. I think it silly to rule out a name just because it also occurs on one's mother's side of the family. In fact, I think it's nice when a name connects different sides of a family.

Exactly. It could be as simple as Kate having always likied her sister's middle name (I think Philippa Charlotte does sound nice) and William liking the name as well. Elizabeth and Diana have obvious family connections, and considering that William's Grannie is coming up to a very significant anniversary, 63 years on the throne, it would have been pretty remiss not to have included Elizabeth.

They're already out there saying we won't see Charlotte for another three months. I still say that's a mistake on their part but it's their choice.

More than likely they'll do what they did with George. They released a family portrait about a month after he was born and then 2 months later they had the Christening photos. So I imagine we'll get two sets of photos in the next 3 months.

It would be nice to see a family picture of the 5 of them in a month or so, taken at Anmer.
I'd love to get a glimpse of their new house or its garden.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only name that we know for sure was named after someone is Diana. The other 2 names could be for a royal or a Middleton or a spencer or just because they like it.

I like the name and I love the name Charlotte so I'm happy they chose it.

There are millions of people named Arthur so it isn't 'unique' to the BRF.

'unique' means 'one of a kind' so the name has to be one that only is used in the BRF and no where else at all.

Arthur isn't in the immediate BRF either, except as a middle name, and hasn't been a first name for a very long time.

It would be nice to see a family picture of the 5 of them in a month or so, taken at Anmer.
I'd love to get a glimpse of their new house or its garden.

5 - I assume you are including Lupo.

I doubt that William would want a photo that shows anything personal at all.

The photos that have been released have all been totally neutral in background with nothing personal in them - trees, a butterfly, a set of steps, a window with a blackened background.

There has been nothing in the photos to allow the public to connect with the environment in which George is living at all - just a couple of still images of him. No video of him interacting with his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only name that we know for sure was named after someone is Diana. The other 2 names could be for a royal or a Middleton or a spencer or just because they like it.

If they chose "Charlotte" and "Elizabeth" because they liked them, why can't they just like the name "Diana?"

Last edited:
Exactly - they could have just liked the name Diana but it is more likely that they are using names of people they love for all three names.

They chose the name Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. That comes straight from the Cambridges themselves. Why they named their daughter these names (or George's name in fact) will never be known to us and there is no reason why they should have to explain to the general public why they used the names they did. We can analyze, ponder over and create instances until the cows come home (I always wondered just where them cows went) but we will never know as fact why they chose the names they did.

For all we know, they could have been impressed by a performance of Cedric the Entertainer and decided then and there the baby (no matter what the sex) would have 3 names starting with C E D. Just as plausible as any other theory out there eh? :whistling:

Dear, you're in denial big time....

Is it so extraordinary, so unimaginable for some to think that William actually love his father and wanted to name his daughter after him ?
Some reactions here and there, not necessarily on this board, are beyond disturbing.

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
"@StPaulsLondon: Baby bells to ring out from St Paul's for Princess Charlotte. Tonight 5-9pm: http://www.stpauls.co.uk/babybells "

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 2h 2 hours ago
The Queen & Prince Philip have private engagements at Buck Palace today - and are expected to visit Princess Charlotte at KP this afternoon.

Exactly - they could have just liked the name Diana but it is more likely that they are using names of people they love for all three names.

Lovely name for a little girl. I think it is just fine that one of her names is Diana. William probably didn't speak to the press because all they (the press) would ask about is "why did you name her Diana." I would have done the same thing in his position.

I can't believe people are still going over Charlotte's name with a fine comb. Charlotte Elizabeth Diana was meaningful to William & Catherine and their families. There's really nothing more to it than that!

Dear, you're in denial big time....

Is it so extraordinary, so unimaginable for some to think that William actually love his father and wanted to name his daughter after him ?

Some reactions here and there, not necessarily on this board, are beyond disturbing.

All I'm saying is we don't know why they chose the names really we think we do but who knows. Kate might be thinking of her mother with Elizabeth while William is thinking if his grandmother. So not even you Nico really knows what's in their minds. Let's just be glad she's a healthy little baby instead of talking about whose she's named after. I don't remember everyone pulling George's names apart.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

In determining why the names Charlotte Elizabeth Diana were chosen, it simply makes sense to think of the most obvious reasons rather than to imagine all sorts of frankly unlikely scenarios. Those are the names of Princess Charlotte and they will remain the same for decades to come - at some point, people will have to get used to them!

In determining why the names Charlotte Elizabeth Diana were chosen, it simply makes sense to think of the most obvious reasons rather than to imagine all sorts of frankly unlikely scenarios. Those are the names of Princess Charlotte and they will remain the same for decades to come - at some point, people will have to get used to them!

Hear ! Hear !

Their kids are always born when I'm on holiday.
A little princess is lovely and I adore the name Charlotte.

Lovely name for a little girl. I think it is just fine that one of her names is Diana. William probably didn't speak to the press because all they (the press) would ask about is "why did you name her Diana." I would have done the same thing in his position.

To be honest, I think both Will and Kate have too much on their plate right now to even think about addressing the press about anything. There were remarks made that the Cambridges didn't speak to the press at all on the day of the baby's birth like they did with George. After being up probably all night the night before with labor at home, going to the hospital, delivering the baby and then making sure George got to go to the hospital to see his new sister and then make sure everything was in order to get mom and baby home safe and sound and secure, I bet my last burrito that they were so overtired, over stressed and overjoyed that the first priority was to get home and hopefully sleep and relax.

Sometimes I think the press demands too much of them and I don't blame any of the royals for building walls between them and the press when it comes to personal, family matters. As Philip has been quoted saying, "You have mosquitoes. We have the press." :D

It's actually rather disturbing the lengths people will go to in order to slam either the Windsors, the Middletons, or the Spencers in discussing the names of this child. As someone upthread said, we can dissect and pick apart all the possible reasons she has the names she has until the cows come home, but as we're not privy to the truth, all it'll be is baseless speculation.

I think there are too many people with agendas looking for attention.

Back
Top Bottom