The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Video:
Royal gun salutes were fired today to mark the birth of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's baby princess. The deafening volleys rang out across the capital this afternoon in celebration of William and Kate's second child who was born on Saturday at 8.34am, weighing 8lbs 3oz. The Honourable Artillery Company (HAC) fired a 62-gun salute at the Tower of London - an extra 21 for the City of London. The weapons were fired from Gun Wharf, overlooking HMS Belfast-

Home - ITNSource News

Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana! How wonderful - I love Charlotte Elizabeth in particular, such a beautiful combination and it's not surprising to see Diana. I knew Charlotte was a royal name, but I'd forgotten it was Pippa's middle name, therefore it's a rather meaningful name for the Cambridges.

Even though it's lovely, it was a very predictable combination - and now this has got me wondering - did anyone guess the exact combo? I guessed Elizabeth Diana together, but for Victoria instead of Charlotte.

After having looked at the photos of Princess Charlotte, she does look a little like her name to me, but I initially thought she looked like an Alice. My cousin is called Charlotte and as soon as I heard the Princess's name, I texted her it and she said that it was a good choice. :D

I wonder when the press will start calling her Princess Lottie. :cool:

I've always loved the name Charlotte, so I'm happy William and Catherine chose it. It's such a beautiful, elegant name.
I was going to say how elegant it sounds. I like other names better, but i don't dislike Charlotte at all! And the combination makes it more elegant. Imagining Kate talking seriously to their little one: Charlotte Elisabeth, behave yourself!! :lol::lol::ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I expected this name, but I don't like it, it seems to my ear too old-fashioned,not pretty sounding, and even masculine and rude.

But it's good tribute even to prince Charles and it seems a good royal name.

My first thought was:
" What an ugly name for such a little beautiful creature!"

I have a friend having the same name, and she is all right with her name.

Well, the tastes differ, and the most important is the princess, who will be for sure gracious like her mom and nice like both parents.

just my two cents.

Lovely combination of names! Congrats
I have a question. Is the name of Charlotte a tribute to Pcs Charles, or was it a previous Pcs Charlotte in the british royal family?

I guessed the two middle names right but I thought the first name would be Alice rather than Charlotte. One of the other royals is just going to have to revive Alice! I do like the name Charlotte too. It's already a popular name in the United States but I would be willing to bet it will soon hit the top 10 for American girls born this year now that there's a Princess Charlotte. The name will get more publicity because Hillary Clinton's granddaughter is also a Charlotte.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 3m 3 minutes ago
Tessy Ojo, CEO of @DianaAward: "It's wonderful to hear today that the new princess carries the name of her grandmother Diana."

Sorry, I expected this name, but I don't like it, it seems to my ear too old-fashioned,not pretty sounding, and even masculine and rude.

But it's good tribute even to prince Charles and it seems a good royal name.

My first thought was:
" What an ugly name for such a little beautiful creature!"

I have a friend having the same name, and she is all right with her name.

Well, the tastes differ, and the most important is the princess, who will be for sure gracious like her mom and nice like both parents.

just my two cents.

I agree with you, but the majority seems to have liked it.

Lovely combination of names! Congrats
I have a question. Is the name of Charlotte a tribute to Pcs Charles, or was it a previous Pcs Charlotte in the british royal family?

Charlotte is the feminine form of Charles, so it could be seen as a nod to him, and it's also Catherine's sister's middle name, so it covers both the Windsors and the Middletons.

So the psychic two weeks was correct
Her week was off,this is exactly what she predicted.

After having looked at the photos of Princess Charlotte, she does look a little like her name to me, but I initially thought she looked like an Alice. My cousin is called Charlotte and as soon as I heard the Princess's name, I texted her it and she said that it was a good choice. :D

I was in a contest to guess the right name and win a trip to England, and before the birth I'd picked Alexandra. However, after the photos of the baby came out, I kept thinking of her as 'Charlotte' - I don't know why, but she looked like a Charlotte to me, too. Maybe it was a combination of that, and hearing how popular Charlotte was at the bookies.

I really like the name - it sounds elegant. :flowers:

Masculine and rude? :ermm:

I love Charlotte, and it's even more apt as this little girl was born on the anniversary of the wedding of the Princess Charlotte who was Victoria's cousin. She would have been Queen if she'd lived.

George and Charlotte are a very Hanovarian combination, I think, but lovely to see an old name long unused come back into the royal family. Elizabeth and Diana were inevitable, I believe.

I like the name my niece is named Charlotte. I like old fashioned she is a British princess so I think it works and honors family members.

I thought they might save Diana for Harry but there is nothing to say he can't use it too. I think it's good that she has a first name like Charlotte there won't be the comparisons if it had been one of the others .Elizabeth and Diana work better as second and third name.

I love Charlotte, and it's even more apt as this little girl was born on the anniversary of the wedding of the Princess Charlotte who was Victoria's cousin. She would have been Queen if she'd lived.

George and Charlotte are a very Hanovarian combination, I think, but lovely to see an old name long unused come back into the royal family. Elizabeth and Diana were inevitable, I believe.

Long unused by the RF perhaps, but a very common name these days in the Commonwealth countries.

Very beautiful name! Congrats!

Very feminine and modern..
I,love it..
Alice is a old name..thankfully she wasn't named Alice...bleh...

YAY!!! now I can quit surfing the web and go to work too, GracieGiraffe!!:flowers:
I LOVE the name, I Love Charlotte, so glad they chose this name, it was my favorite out of all the ones in the running and I am glad they honored Diana but not in a way that she will be constantly compared to her, great nod to Williams grandmother, whom he adores.
Princess Charlotte is as beautiful as her name!!!! :wub::wub::wub::clap::britflag:

remember charles spencers 2 yr old daughter is charlotte diana...so i guess they were kinda forced to separate names...still beautiful and flows really well.

it looks like a tradition :)
Carole Elizabeth Goldsmith
Catherine Elizabeth Middleton
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Cambridge

Last edited:
One can make the reasonable assumption that when William is king, he would grant his daughter the honor of being called the Princess Royal, so just think — one day we'll see HRH The Princess Charlotte, The Princess Royal.

It just sounds right.

I wonder if the guy who bet the 15k got it right
He's either over joyed or miserable at the moment

Charlotte is the feminine form of Charles, so it could be seen as a nod to him, and it's also Catherine's sister's middle name, so it covers both the Windsors and the Middletons.

And there has been a princess Charlotte before, who would have been a reigning Queen, if she had not died in childbirth.

Love her names. How did anyone, i.e. bookies, know Charlotte was even being considered?

A nice hommage to Charles, the Queen and the late Diana.
I like it !

I am not the biggest fan of the name Charlotte (to say the least) but a british princess Charlotte does sound regal.

Wonderful name Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, congratulations

Well said!
What a perfect name indeed (I'll eventually quit saying how perfect it is :lol:)

You're forgetting Phillippa Charlotte Middleton :p

Back
Top Bottom