The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeeze it was an adorable statement expressing how cute and lovable the baby is. Similar to someone saying she is so cute they could just est her.
I for one wanted to pinch her cheeks.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal The Duke and Duchess are hugely grateful for the messages of congratulations they have received from people all over the world 1/2

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal It means a great deal to them that so many people have celebrated the arrival of their new daughter 2/2 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEF1zWeWoAAnlP3.jpg

Rhiannon Mills ‏@SkyRhiannon We will not find out the name of the #princessofcambridge today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEF3MFiUUAAPWe5.jpg (British Royals @britishroyals)

Last edited:
When I see a peaceful, sleeping baby, I think, 'that sleeping baby's cute, I hope it stays asleep and doesn't wake up and start yelling.' Never have I had the urge to slobber on one or eat it. :lol:

I was pleased this child is a girl. I hope when she grows up she joins one of the services. She might become a pilot.

That would be an excellent career for any young woman. Hopefully it will be easier for William's second child to choose a career that she enjoys. IMO the BRF has always limited its "spares" to being a full time royal or the military. Personally I've always admired Beatrix and Claus for having their second and third sons find employment outside the royal bubble.

This was interesting. Just out of curiosity, how much would a Midwife earn at a private hospital?
Here in the US, I can't remember the last time I saw staff in a uniform dress! We tend to see scrubs on hospital staff and often it is color coded for department rather than seniority.
Kate Middleton's midwives who delivered the Princess revealed | Daily Mail Online
I haven't seen one since my mother's graduation from nursing school in 1978. The one and only time she wore her cap.

However I do wonder if they change into scrubs for their labor/delivery work and then wear the dress for special occasions? Perhaps one of our UK posters could let us know about hospital attire in their country.

This little girl is receiving lots of attention from both sides of the family. Good to see!

I agree. No shortage of love from all of the relatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate looked great after the birth. The newborn looks like her.

I'm quite astonished about Kate's good looks, too! The Daily Mail didn't call her 'Speedy Kate' for nothing yesterday! ;)
I wish both mother and daughter well! The newborn princess looks adorable!

Is it a custom not to announce the name immediately? Because I m sure that they have decided. They had a kot of time to do it.

okay, thanks you. Is sad when we will hear so late :flowers: in my country we burry people in 24 hours. good luck her little baby, princess Diana smiling from heaven. :nonono::twohearts:

As a nurse, I can assure you, that when delivery time arrives, everyone is not in their 'formal' attire. You are dressed for the job at hand - you may have scrubs, gowns, masks, definitely gloves and whatever is needed - and I can assure you, with the Duchess of Cambridge, everything would have been spot on for her health, protection as well as the baby.

Video:
The Prince of Wales has made his first visit to see his baby granddaughter at her Kensington Palace home. The naming of William and Kate's daughter has sparked a betting frenzy among royal fans. Hundreds of thousands of pounds has been wagered on what William and Kate will call their baby princess since she was born yesterday morning. Shows: Carole and Pippa Middleton’s car arriving, Charles and Camilla arriving in car, GVs on voxes on name speculation-

Home - ITNSource News

It was nice that even Professor Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent, director of midwifery at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, visited the Cambridge's today.

Last edited:
Video:
The Prince of Wales has made his first visit to see his baby granddaughter at her Kensington Palace home. The naming of William and Kate's daughter has sparked a betting frenzy among royal fans. Hundreds of thousands of pounds has been wagered on what William and Kate will call their baby princess since she was born yesterday morning. Shows: Carole and Pippa Middleton’s car arriving, Charles and Camilla arriving in car, GVs on voxes on name speculation-

Home - ITNSource News

Thirty minutes is quite a short visit by the Prince of Wales and his wife, isn't it ?

I'm quite astonished about Kate's good looks, too! The Daily Mail didn't call her 'Speedy Kate' for nothing yesterday! ;)
I wish both mother and daughter well! The newborn princess looks adorable!
I can imagine her thwoing herself on her pillows after such a busy (and happy) day. And who knows if little Princess is always as calm as we saw her, all parents "complain" about the less sleeping when children are newborn. And they also have George who certainly wanted some attention from mummy when they got home.
I bet while we were happy seeing them posing for pictures she was like "oh, I can't wait to get home"
She looked great and (always) on high hills! You rock, Kate! :)

Thirty minutes is quite a short visit by the Prince of Wales and his wife, isn't it ?
I believe is not.
Kate gave birth just YESTERDAY and she must be EXHAUSTED, and William really tired. Sure they have help, but we can't forget they have a nearly two year old to pay attention, plus as I said before, the first nights with a newborn can be very tiring.
When my friends gave birth I waited some days to visit. I was dying to see the baby, but I understand that I should give my friend some time to recover.

Even though Charles is the grandfather of his much expected grandaughter, I think he had a very good sense and didn't want to stay long. A visit is always a visit, we want to pay attention and talk and new moms are always very tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video:

Home - ITNSource News

It was nice that even Professor Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent, director of midwifery at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, visited the Cambridge's today.
How do you mean "it was nice"? It probably wasn't a social visit. She's their midwife, she probably was continuing her job with a checkup of mother and child :p

Is it a custom not to announce the name immediately? Because I m sure that they have decided. They had a kot of time to do it.

On the BBC after the birth one of the Queen's former press secretaries was saying its custom not to announce the name until the Queen has 'approved it', though he did admit it was unlikely the Queen wouldn't approve of whatever name W&K had chosen. As such maybe we can guess the name won't be announced until the Queen has met her new great granddaughter and been told the name W&K have chosen.

As such maybe we can guess the name won't be announced until the Queen has met her new great granddaughter and been told the name W&K have chosen.
Oh my god, we are in the 21st century, they can call her with phone and ask if she approves any name. Or not?..

You know I sometimes think that the only real power the modern monarch has its the power over his/her family members.

Last edited:

I thought they stayed for almost an hour? To me that is plenty enough time bearing in mind the new little princess is probably trying to sleep a lot and get into a routine and that Catherine must be shattered. They need time to be a family, the four of them.

The Daily Mail said they left after an hour and a half. So they arrived two hours after Carole and Pippa and left after staying an hour and a half. So Carole and Pippa were there for at least three and a half hours .

I think an hour and a half is about right. Catherine and William were probably tired. Although they need some help, it is nice to give the immediate family time to bond and, especially, give George a chance to concentrate on just being a big brother.

Regarding the name, it seems like we knew George's name before this. It's possible that it is still being discussed. We had a name picked out for my son (if it were a boy) but changed our minds after seeing him.

On the other hand, they may just be waiting for a chance to get someone to put down a bet for them....

I thought they stayed for almost an hour? To me that is plenty enough time bearing in mind the new little princess is probably trying to sleep a lot and get into a routine and that Catherine must be shattered. They need time to be a family, the four of them.

I had read somewhere that their visit only lasted half an hour. I must have been mistaken.

The Daily Mail said they left after an hour and a half. So they arrived two hours after Carole and Pippa and left after staying an hour and a half. So Carole and Pippa were there for at least three and a half hours .

I think an hour and a half is about right. Catherine and William were probably tired. Although they need some help, it is nice to give the immediate family time to bond and, especially, give George a chance to concentrate on just being a big brother.

Regarding the name, it seems like we knew George's name before this. It's possible that it is still being discussed. We had a name picked out for my son (if it were a boy) but changed our minds after seeing him.

On the other hand, they may just be waiting for a chance to get someone to put down a bet for them....

We had George's name the day after he was released from the hospital, but he was in the hospital an extra day. Plus the whole thing happened during the week.

This time round the Princess has left the hospital sooner than George, and it's the weekend.

I predict we'll get the name tomorrow.

Oh my god, we are in the 21st century, they can call her with phone and ask if she approves any name. Or not?..

You know I sometimes think that the only real power the modern monarch has its the poer over his/her family members.

Absolutely they could phone but if its a family tradition William might want to stick to it out of respect to his family or to his grandmother. Its a custom not a rule so if William and Kate were that bothered they could just ask someone to put it on twitter as soon as they decided on the name.

If they are born during EIIR's reign, will they become HRH Princes once Charles becomes King?

Yes. They'll be the grandchildren of the monarch and become HRH Prince(ss) Xxx of Yyy, like George and his little sister are now.

You know I sometimes think that the only real power the modern monarch has its the poer over his/her family members.

I think it's partly tradition and partly just polite. If Granny is going to be seeing her new great-granddaughter soon (and I would assume that would be the case), it's probably nicest to discuss such decisions in person. Better than just calling up and saying "hey, people are impatient to find out the baby's names, can you give us a yay or a nay?"

George's names were announced two days after he was born. Perhaps it seemed that they announced his name more quickly because it seemed like most of the waiting after his birth involved when exactly they would leave the hospital. And, of course, people go about choosing names differently: some couples choose beforehand, some couples wait until they see the baby, and some, like you, pick out a name beforehand only to change their mind once the baby is born. So the wait for names could always have any number of causes (first and foremost being whether or not they've made a final decision with regard to the baby's name).

yes they could call her - and that would be more expedient... heck, they could send her an email and say - Granny please approve. but that hardly seems to be the Cambridge style. Not very loving or respectful to a grandmother let alone the Queen. As they are most likely going to see his grandmother tomorrow and it is still only 2 days after the birth ... it is something they would like to do in person - especially if they are naming their daughter after her in any fashion (which odds are). As a parent I would be proud of whatever name i chose and whomever in the family i was honoring - i would be looking forward to the joy of sharing that name with my Grandmother - looking for more than just approval - but HM's pleasure and blessing. - at least i know that is how I would be.

I don't think the public's 'need to know' is of paramount concern at the 48 hour mark. and has been pointed out by many previous posts - many of the royal family names have not been announced for a week or longer, but not in the internet age of a continuous news cycle.

so 21st century or not - the Cambridges are doing this on their own time table... and the family is being told before the public...as seems to be their style.

I'm guessing a name will be released tomorrow, after it was discussed with the family. The Cambridge's was surrounded by loving family today, and I know Harry can't wait to see his niece in person. Although, I think William and Catherine may have texted him some pictures.

Last edited:
I’m sure the baby has a name. They just haven’t told us yet.. We’ll probably hear tomorrow or Tuesday.

Exactly. If the Cambridges are like most expectant couples they decided on a name for both a male and a female long before the birth. The family knows the baby's name and will make it public when they feel the time is right.

Just be relieved they don't follow the Danish Royals and release the name only at the infant's christening!:ohmy::p

Hair color

I've been a long time lurker, but now with the great happy news, want to participate in some of the discussion.

I know names are a very interesting discussion, but I am just as curious as to the eventual hair color of the new princess and What Prince George' s current blonde means.

I would actually love it if the new princess were a ginger.

I heard CnC stayed 90 mins with the family. Time enough to meet baby, play with George, and converse with the parents. Or hey maybe both all visitors, Carole Pippa Charles and Cam did a little babysitting duty while mom and dad took a quick nap.

I've been a long time lurker, but now with the great happy news, want to participate in some of the discussion.

I know names are a very interesting discussion, but I am just as curious as to the eventual hair color of the new princess and What Prince George' s current blonde means.

I would actually love it if the new princess were a ginger.

Welcome to The Royal Forums! We are glad to have you joining us. :flowers:

I'm also curious to what her hair color will be. From what we could see under the bonnet, it appears dark. However, George's hair was also more dark when he was born, but now he's got a head full of blonde hair! So her hair could stay dark like her mother's, or it could become blonde like her brother's and father's. Both of the children's hair could also darken as they get older. Prince William was very blonde as a child, but his hair color settled into a more sandy blonde as he grew up.

Back
Top Bottom