The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good ole Daily Fail .... set them up to then knock them down OR is it knock them down and then set them up? They can't seem to make up their minds. It just seems they want to create some turmoil.

They're also already asking if new princess Cambridge be a "tragedy in the making" while she's still less than a day old. I'd take them with a large grain of salt - I'm surprised they took a break from their endless coverage of the Kardashians to even announce the birth:whistling:

I am so mad right now. I just could not hang on for any longer, so left the DVR running and recording while I crashed, only to find when it was time for the 6pm News that...For some odd reason, our downstairs satellite receiver has become synched w/the one up here. What that means is, whenever the one up here has the channel changed, the one downstairs does too and...,I have nothing of George coming to see his baby sister or of the little Princess' introduction to the World.

And I left on BBC World too!!!

Grrr!!!

She is such a little Sweetie!! Wonder how it'll take before patterns of the little Sweetheart's bonnet pops up? :D

Sigh....Such a happy day!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Congratulations to William and Catherine on their beautiful daughter! George is going to be a great big brother!

I am so mad right now. I just could not hang on for any longer, so left the DVR running and recording while I crashed, only to find when it was time for the 6pm News that...For some odd reason, our downstairs satellite receiver has become synched w/the one up here. What that means is, whenever the one up here has the channel changed, the one downstairs does too and...,I have nothing of George coming to see his baby sister or of the little Princess' introduction to the World.

And I left on BBC World too!!!

Grrr!!!

She is such a little Sweetie!! Wonder how it'll take before patterns of the little Sweetheart's bonnet pops up? :D

Sigh....Such a happy day!!! :)

There are video clips of both up on youtube - I'd repost them but I already did if you scroll through the thread :flowers:

http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Congratulations to the couple for their beautiful little girl.George is such a cutie pie and I absolutely adored his wave.

I would think you would be staying longer in hospital; I was 2 days before I went home and that was on doctors orders

William is both a Prince and a Duke, so his wife is both a Princess and a Duke, while their children are just a Prince and a Princess.

I don't think Kate is a Duke, unless gender neutrality in the English language has been raised to a new level !

Last edited:
I don't think Kate is a Duke, unless gender neutrality in the English language has been raised to a new level !

Eh, I was the one who asked the question and I got the meaning. It gets confusing the more titles they get.

Daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - who is excited

Who is excited about the new royal in the house of Windsor? I am!

Statement by the President and First Lady Congratulating Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge:

"Michelle and I are delighted to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, her Majesty the Queen and the Royal Family, and all the people of the United Kingdom on the birth of the Royal Princess. On behalf of the American people, we wish the Duke and Duchess and their son George much joy and happiness on the occasion of the arrival of the newest member of their family."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...st-lady-congratulating-their-royal-highnesses

She's as cute as a bug!
I had a C-section, and I was out of the hospital after two nights and a few hours!

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 6h 6 hours ago
Royal gun salutes will be fired in Hyde Park and at the Tower of London at 2pm on Monday to mark the birth of the new princess of Cambridge.

so why did kate leave the hospital so soon isn't it like 2 days to stay in once u have a baby

If there is no reason to stay in hospital they don't stay there.

Diana was out within 24 hours with both her boys and that was in the early 80s when most people were still staying in overnight or longer.

Kate stayed a little longer with George.

Zara left the hospital six hours after Mia was born.

Diana was out within 24 hours with both her boys and that was in the early 80s when most people were still staying in overnight or longer.

I agree. Also, they will have a nurse or doctor at home I guess so it's not like she has to be kept "under observation" or learn how to breastfeed and stuff. That plus the disturbance for other patients and residents, the security threat + them having anothing kid makes getting out of there as soon as the doctor okays it is the most logical way.

So for the time being are their titles Duke, Duchess, Prince and Princess? Or is Prince William still Prince so it's Prince, Duchess, Prince and Princess? Titles confuse me.

William was born HRH Prince William of Wales. On his wedding day he was promoted from Prince to Duke as a substantive title is superior to a style such as Prince.

As a consequence Kate became HRH The Duchess of Cambridge on her wedding day. Otherwise she would have been known as HRH Princess William of Wales.

George is Prince George under both the 1917 LPs of George V and the later LPs of 2013 of QEII.

The new baby is HRH Princess xxxx of Cambridge under the 2013 LPs that extended the HRH Prince/Princess style to ALL children of William. Without that the baby would have been Lady xxxx Mountbatten-Windsor.

Harry's children, if born in the present reign and if no new LPs are issued will be born as Lord/Lady xxxx of whatever title Harry is given.

Last edited:

It makes no sense for Kate, who is fairly well-to-do, after all, and who lives in coughing distance of the hospital, to stay in hospital imo. Why not go home as soon as one can? Far more comfortable and cozy, especially with a little toddler running about eager to see his new sister. So much better than a hospital. :flowers: Plus all those royal visitors, just makes more sense for privacy.

As others have mentioned, too, it must be a strain on the hospital staff with all the security and logistics involved having a royal patient. Better for all the 'regular' patients to have the hub-bub abate. Makes sense to me.

BTW I was fascinated that we were able to watch the drive from the hospital back to Kensington Palace. It really was a short drive. Of course, the outriders were 'paving the way', but still, under 5 minutes, I think.

I love the pictures of the new princess!
Who is excited to hear the name, because I am!

Princess Cheeks
Charlotte or Victoria
I still keep,thinking of the psychic that mentioned a girl would be born with the name of Charlotte ...she was a week off...

The new baby is HRH Princess xxxx of Cambridge under the 2013 LPs that extended the HRH Prince/Princess style to ALL children of William. Without that the baby would have been Lady xxxx of Cambridge.

Harry's children, if born in the present reign and if no new LPs are issued will be born as Lord/Lady xxxx of whatever title Harry is given.

I think they will be titled Lord/Lady xxx Windsor, like other great-grandchildren of a British sovereign in male line. Princess xxx of Cambridge would also have been born as Lady xxx Windsor without the 2013 LPs.

If Charles never ascends to the throne, I suppose Harry's future children will never be princes/princesses as they won't be either children or grandchildren (in male line) of a monarch. Unless of course King William V decides to create them princes of the United Kingdom.

Last edited:
Princess Cheeks
Charlotte or Victoria
I still keep,thinking of the psychic that mentioned a girl would be born with the name of Charlotte ...she was a week off...

Who didn't want to slobber those cheeks down today? She looked so adorable!

Last edited:
Lovely interview with well-known Royal photographer of many decades Arthur Edwards done by "Weekend Today" on Sunday morning here in Oz.

Mr Edwards said that as he was snapping photos of the Duke, Duchess and baby Princess on the Lindo Wing steps, Prince William noticed him and said to Catherine - "Look, there's Arthur...Give him a wave".

Also said photographing the baby today was probably the best - he's done four or five, including Prince William's baby debut.

Reporters are saying it was bitterly cold while the family were being photographed - is that why baby had the not matching bonnet on, a last minute thing because of the cold.

Really loved the Duchess's spring dress. Wish the Duke would take a chance on a burgundy/deep dark red jumper just once.

Sweet kiss from Dad to little George after pulling off his waving duties so well.

I suppose there will be some photographers around Kensington Palace for the next day or two hoping to see the comings and goings.

As Mrs Middleton was reported as being spotted there/spotted arriving there as the Duke and Duchess were in the hospital, I don't think there will be photos of her visiting. It sounds like the maternal grandparents are already there.

I can see the Duke and Duchess making a detour to Buck House on the way to Anmer, rather than the Queen calling at Kenso.

Last edited:
I got into a wee bit of trouble at another board for not doing my traditional greeting of a new Royal Baby in Elvish, so just in case...

Mae Govennen a Arda Pen Neth

That translates to Well met/Welcome to Earth/Arda Little One/Pen Neth

I can never remember the Elvish word for Princess, but Lady is Hiril

Anyway...Thought I would just make sure I have all my bases covered. :D

When looking at a close up of the little Sweetheart in Mummy's arms earlier, I noticed something...Maybe I'm only seeing what I want to see, but aren't those flowers on Kate's dress looking quite a bit like daffodils? If so, then well played Your Royal Highness, well played indeed. :)

The CN Tower in Toronto and The Peace Tower at The Parliament Buildings in Ottawa are lit Pink tonight!! I actually think The CN Tower looks the nicest IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom