The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She reminds me of George thru the nose/cheeks/mouth.

LaRae

I seriously doubt the family didn't know the baby's gender. Of course, if asked, they will deny it though.

I mean after she was infomed about the birth this morning. She was probably one of the first toi know it.

Congratulations to William, Catherine and George! It's wonderful to have a new little Princess - she's the first who has carried the title since Princess Eugenie in 1990. :britflag:

The little Princess is beautiful :wub: Little George is adorable too, I think he looks a lot like William did at that age now, but he still has Middleton eyes. It will be interesting to see who his little sister will resemble (of course it's too early to tell at the moment).

Catherine looks excellent and I think she has come out of the hospital smaller than she was with George, then I thought she was quite big. It was cute to see HM wear pink at her engagement today, I wonder if that was in connection with the birth of her new granddaughter.

How much did George weigh when he was born? I've got 8lb 6oz in my head, but can't exactly remember.

The new Princess is very cute. Kate looked great. :flowers:

All I can say is that I'm totally impressed. Kate must have spent the good part of last night with her labor starting at home, getting to the hospital around 6 am and then full labor and delivery at 8:34. I would imagine that she didn't get much of a rest in the hospital but walked out of there looking fantastic. I'm just hoping she's sound asleep at home by now and can get some serious sleep.

They're definitely one big happy family for sure.

The little Princess has got some seriously chubby cheeks. Very cute and best wishes to the family. I look forward to finding out her name. =]

so why did kate leave the hospital so soon isn't it like 2 days to stay in once u have a baby

so why did kate leave the hospital so soon isn't it like 2 days to stay in once u have a baby

Not always- it must have been a natural birth with no complications, which is great for her.

Kensington Palace is such a short distance from the hospital and she'll have much more privacy and comfort to rest and bond with her daughter.

Plus, if needed, I'm sure they could have a nurse around for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The family must all be exhausted after the events today ,little Prince George must have been wondering what was all the fuss about!

All I can say is that I'm totally impressed. Kate must have spent the good part of last night with her labor starting at home, getting to the hospital around 6 am and then full labor and delivery at 8:34. I would imagine that she didn't get much of a rest in the hospital but walked out of there looking fantastic. I'm just hoping she's sound asleep at home by now and can get some serious sleep.

She looks fit to party the night away. I am betting there are some grandparents waiting at KP for a quick visit/peep at the new baby.
This woman, Catherine might just be a keeper, I'm thinking!

Does anyone else see the Queen in Princess Cambridge? I'm lousy with facial features, but thought I saw some Lillibet there...:flowers:

I wonder if one of them they will get the Hanoverian gene like Beatrice? it still noticeable in some part of the family. Those genes are strong.

I think all babies resemble each other. IMO, no one can tell who the baby looks like until the infant is older than 6 months old and then only a general resemblance until the baby's nose develops which would be around age 4.

Maybe there are no photos of the Duke and Duchess arriving at the hospital despite the masses of people waiting about.

Richard Simpson, reporting for the Australian "Women's Weekly", has a description of the precision involved in the arrival at St. Mary's.

Richard is saying police made sure the waiting media were kept at other entrances at 5.57am, and then the Duke and Duchess pulled up at the small "Cambridge" entrance at 6.00am in a silver car.

(Some reports have the Duke as the driver.)

This "Cambridge" entrance is a tucked away door, and it wan't until thirty-nine minutes later that it was announced that the Duchess had been admitted.

Last edited:
Maybe there are no photos of the Duke and Duchess arriving at the hospital.

Richard Simpson, reporting for the Australian "Women's Weekly", has a description of the precision involved in the arrival at St. Mary's.

Richard is saying police made sure the waiting media were kept at other entrances at 5.57am, and then the Duke and Duchess pulled up at the small "Cambridge" entrance at 6.00am in a silver car.

(Some reports have the Duke as the driver.)

This "Cambridge" entrance is a tucked away door, and it wan't until thirty-nine minutes later that it was announced that the Duchess had been admitted.

It seems obvious that they would have a private entrance - after all, someone took George home without anyone seeing.

She is seriously beautiful ! Both children are very beautiful !!! Delighted

She looks fit to party the night away. I am betting there are some grandparents waiting at KP for a quick visit/peep at the new baby.
This woman, Catherine might just be a keeper, I'm thinking!

Does anyone else see the Queen in Princess Cambridge? I'm lousy with facial features, but thought I saw some Lillibet there...:flowers:

So for the time being are their titles Duke, Duchess, Prince and Princess? Or is Prince William still Prince so it's Prince, Duchess, Prince and Princess? Titles confuse me.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

It seems obvious that they would have a private entrance - after all, someone took George home without anyone seeing.
If anyone is ever really bored (as I was waiting for George's birth), Google Maps will let you virtual "walk" all around the Hospital. There are a lot of doors. A. Lot.

So for the time being are their titles Duke, Duchess, Prince and Princess? Or is Prince William still Prince so it's Prince, Duchess, Prince and Princess? Titles confuse me.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Prince William is properly HRH Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, but it gets reduced to HRH The Duke of Cambridge. Catherine is properly HRH Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge.

William is both a Prince and a Duke, so his wife is both a Princess and a Duke, while their children are just a Prince and a Princess.

I'm with you. She looked fantastic--and she set a high standard after George's birth.

I'm glad she was able to leave the hospital soon after the birth. It's been more than 10 years since I was in the hospital but it was very hard to get any rest (I know it's hard for new mothers to get rest at all). But even at night, hospitals are a hub of activity. The lights outside the rooms are always on and people are walking back and forth. Most research shows that people recover faster when they are in their own home.

ETA: An obnoxious article in the Daily Mail. Charles and Camilla visited George before Carole and Mike, but DM is not one to let facts get in the way when publishing a story. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...middle-class-upbringing-store-royal-baby.html

Last edited:
I'm with you. She looked fantastic--and she set a high standard after George's birth.

I'm glad she was able to leave the hospital soon after the birth. It's been more than 10 years since I was in the hospital but it was very hard to get any rest (I know it's hard for new mothers to get rest at all). But even at night, hospitals are a hub of activity. The lights outside the rooms are always on and people are walking back and forth. Most research shows that people recover faster when they are in their own home.

ETA: An obnoxious article in the Daily Mail. Charles and Camilla visited George before Carole and Mike, but DM is not one to let facts get in the way when publishing a story. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...middle-class-upbringing-store-royal-baby.html

Charles and Camilla visited second, didn't they? Not for any devious reason, but if memory serves Charles and Camilla had an engagement that day and were unable to visit earlier on.

She's cute but I agree with those who are saying that it takes awhile for a babies features to be formed enough to look much like anyone.

Charles and Camilla visited second, didn't they? Not for any devious reason, but if memory serves Charles and Camilla had an engagement that day and were unable to visit earlier on.

Well, Kate was out in 12 hours. Part of that time was the act of giving birth and she surely slept during part of that time. Then they had to get her camera ready to leave the hospital. I'd be surprised if anyone but George and William got a chance to visit her in the actual hospital - they're probably going to save that for when they are at home and have privacy,.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perhaps you are right. My memory was that the Middleton's visited shortly after Charles and Camilla, but perhaps it was that William and Catherine left the hospital shortly after Charles and Camilla had visited.

Good ole Daily Fail .... set them up to then knock them down OR is it knock them down and then set them up? They can't seem to make up their minds. It just seems they want to create some turmoil.

The Birth of HRH Princess xx of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

Mike and Carole were first with George and then Charles and Camilla and then they came out with George. C&C were in Wales I believe when George came so they had to return to London

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Videos:
Prince William has said he is "very happy" as he left the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital to go to visit his son Prince George-

Home - ITNSource News

Prince George gave an adorable wave on the way into the Lindo Wing to meet his new baby sister. Dressed in matching outfits, his father Prince William planted a kiss on his head as they headed into the hospital-
Home - ITNSource News

The Duke and Duchess were all smiles as they took their new baby daughter home today. The couple did not speak to the waiting press as they left St Mary's Hospital-
Home - ITNSource News

Crowds gathered outside the entrance to Kensington Palace to catch a glimpse of the newly born royal princess. .
Home - ITNSource News

The whole day was beautiful and it was great to see William and Catherine take their daughter home. Very nice view of Kensington Palace.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom