The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reports that Princess Charlotte's wooly bonnet was a present from Nanny Maria's mother - and accidently on backwards.

Brought from "Irulea" boutique in San Sebastian, Spain, along with shoes, coat, pram cover and mattress.

And also, some of the items were hand-made.

Last edited:
I love the name! :clap: Charlotte is so pretty, and I love the 2 middle names- in honor of 2 very special people! It just suits her- regal. Queen Charlotte - sounds great! And if I'm not mistaken first Queen Charlotte in history?

She won't be a queen unless her brother dies without heirs (or abdicates like Edward did)....or she marries into another royal family.

At most (unless one of the above happens) she would be a Princess Royal which can't happen for a long long time.

LaRae

George III wife was Queen Charlotte. And she, probably, will never been queen anything.

Maybe Christian will still be available in 20 years ;)

Or Prince Taufa'ahau Manumata'ongo of Tonga...

I am still holding out Christian for Louise anyway LOL.

She won't be a queen unless her brother dies without heirs (or abdicates like Edward did)....or she marries into another royal family.

At most (unless one of the above happens) she would be a Princess Royal which can't happen for a long long time.

LaRae

There is another possibility: if her brother converts to Catholicism before having any other legitimate Protestant children of his own, she will become first in line.

There is also the possibility that gender neutral primogeniture may be in the future extended to peerages, in which case the monarch might consider creating her a duchess on her own, as opposed to princess royal, with the peerage becoming inheritable by her first born child.

I am still holding out Christian for Louise anyway LOL.

I've always pictured James marrying Estelle of Sweden (he's 5 years older than she is, but that is not such a big difference) or Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway (who is 3 years older than he is).

Maybe I'm partial to the Wessex children, as I think they've been wronged by their parents when they were denied their HRH titles, but Sophie's and Edward's friendship with several continental royal houses put James and Louise in an interesting position.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the name! :clap: Charlotte is so pretty, and I love the 2 middle names- in honor of 2 very special people! It just suits her- regal. Queen Charlotte - sounds great! And if I'm not mistaken first Queen Charlotte in history?

Not the first. Examples:

- Queen Charlotte née Princess von Mecklenburg-Strelitz, spouse of King George III of Great Britain.

- Queen Charlotte Augusta of Württemberg née Princess of Great Britain

- Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg, Duchess of Nassau

- Empress Charlotte of Mexico née Princess of Belgium

- Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna of Russia née Princess Charlotte of Prussia

- Princess Charlotte of Monaco, Duchess of Valentinois

- Queen Charlotte of France née Princess of Savoy

Etc.

:flowers:

They all most, probably, do what their parents did and marry whomever they love and be happy.

Good grief! The princess isn't even a week old yet and we're already marrying her off. No flies on us eh? :ROFLMAO:

I've always pictured James marrying Estelle of Sweden (he's 5 years older than she is, but that is not such a big difference) or Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway (who is 3 years older than he is).

Maybe I'm partial to the Wessex children, as I think they've been wronged by their parents when they were denied their HRH titles, but Sophie's and Edward's friendship with several continental royal houses put James and Louise in an interesting position.

James and Estelle be a good match

How about Charlotte and Jacques

Even without the title they are still of royalty and hardly any of the ruling houses marry into royalty anymore or even nobles. Would be interesting to see if such a thing happened though..since as you mention, with the Wessexes being friendly with other houses their children could all come to know each other fairly well.

Let's hope we are around to see what happens!

LaRae

There is another possibility: if her brother converts to Catholicism before having any other legitimate Protestant children of his own, she will become first in line.

There is also the possibility that gender neutral primogeniture may be in the future extended to peerages, in which case the monarch might consider creating her a duchess on her own, as opposed to princess royal, with the peerage becoming inheritable by her first born child.

I'd say the chances of abdication would be higher than him converting to Catholicism ...assuming that, like the gender neutral primogeniture, it doesn't get changed allowing it by that point. Wouldn't that be interesting, coming full circle.

LaRae

Time to move the discussion on - it is far, far too early to be speculating about who Princess Charlotte could marry or under what circumstances she could become queen.

Aww that's so sweet... Please Charles, don't neglect George!

Not the first. Examples:

- Queen Charlotte née Princess von Mecklenburg-Strelitz, spouse of King George III of Great Britain.

- Queen Charlotte Augusta of Württemberg née Princess of Great Britain

- Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg, Duchess of Nassau

- Empress Charlotte of Mexico née Princess of Belgium

- Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna of Russia née Princess Charlotte of Prussia

- Princess Charlotte of Monaco, Duchess of Valentinois

- Queen Charlotte of France née Princess of Savoy

Etc.

:flowers:

None of these women were Queen in their own right - they were all consorts - and several, while consorts of a monarch, weren't Queens.

If something were to happen to George then Charlotte would be the first Queen regnant of her name in British history, if not European history.

What nursery school then? The same one the Wessex children went to or the one William attended maybe?

Absolutely agree. At least we could be talking about what nursery school she attends first.:lol:

Depends on if they make Norfolk their primary residence even after the kids reach school age. Part of me thinks they will- dramatic increase in paparazzi attention if the kids are in school in London.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Who cares if they were regents or consorts, they were Queens nonetheless. Any member of the family not named Elizabeth, Victoria, Anne, or Mary would be the first Queen Regant with their name. If Elizabeth had died her sister would be the first Queen Margaret. If hAlf the family falls into a fault line that sprung up over night then a Queen Zara, Beatrice, or Eugenie would be the first QR with their name. If Charles had kicked the bucket it would be the first King Andrew.

Do we think George will go to Ludgrove then?

Who cares if they were regents or consorts, they were Queens nonetheless. Any member of the family not named Elizabeth, Victoria, Anne, or Mary would be the first Queen Regant with their name. If Elizabeth had died her sister would be the first Queen Margaret. If hAlf the family falls into a fault line that sprung up over night then a Queen Zara, Beatrice, or Eugenie would be the first QR with their name. If Charles had kicked the bucket it would be the first King Andrew.

Actually, Margaret would have been the second Queen Margaret, as there was a Scottish Monarch with that name.

I think George will probably go to Ludgrove as his prep school when he's ready to go off to boarding school. Both William and Harry were happy there. He may well go on to Eton as William enjoyed his time at the school.

I've often wished though that the BRF would choose a good foreign boarding school, in France or Switzerland perhaps, where the tutoring is of a high standard but the students can really learn two or three foreign languages. William's French is atrocious and it would be good for George to speak other languages fluently and well. Other heirs do.

I think George will probably go to Ludgrove as his prep school when he's ready to go off to boarding school. Both William and Harry were happy there. He may well go on to Eton as William enjoyed his time at the school.

I've often wished though that the BRF would choose a good foreign boarding school, in France or Switzerland perhaps, where the tutoring is of a high standard but the students can really learn two or three foreign languages. William's French is atrocious and it would be good for George to speak other languages fluently and well. Other heirs do.

For a variety of reasons, I very much doubt they would send their children to boarding school abroad (primarily because the BRF don't tend to look outside of Britain for education, and when they do, it's in other Commonwealth countries). I think learning foreign languages is important, but, of course, it's often not a top priority for native English speakers. Also, I know many people who were educated in British schools but can still speak at least one foreign language quite well (though it tends to depend on how motivated the student is to learn a foreign language, as spending a year or summer abroad during university seems to be common among those who speak a foreign language well. Even then, though, for most native English speakers, those language skills are likely to get rusty through lack of use over the years).

How about we stick to the present, instead of guessing where the Cambridge children will be receiving their education.

Any further posts discussing things way off in the future will be removed.

I think the Daily Fail's editors, sensing a certain anti-Carole Middleton feeling among those who comment on-line, are sniffing the wind. If they can get a few juicy stories out there about Carole completely taking over the supervision of Anmer while Kate relaxes with George and Charlotte, they'll do it. Pure Clickbait!

Actually, Carole was spotted at the Pot Kiln pub only a few miles from Bucklebury today.

Charlotte is cute and fat with fat cheeks and lovely baby fat that just makes you want to kiss her all over.
On a related issue....to the woman on here who have had children, how long did you stay at the hospital? I think Kate didn't beat Victoria's time, but they seemed to be ready to go quite fast. So I was just wondering how it was dealt with by other women.

Back
Top Bottom