The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems to me if he has another child and it is a girl he no longer has go through the whole DIana as a name hoopla.he took care of it by making it a name that throws the DIana fans a bone and honors her yet will hardly ever used-I mean it is a third middle name come on! Interesting.

One of the most silliest thing I've ever read

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Let's face it, how important is it the third name ? How many times in your life do you use it ? It is only a way, when a child is born to honour certain other members of the family..... my opinion of course;;;

Let's face it, how important is it the third name ? How many times in your life do you use it ? It is only a way, when a child is born to honour certain other members of the family..... my opinion of course;;;

It will be used as part of the Princess's official record for her whole life. When she gets married she'll say all three names. When she receives any sort of honors, all three names will be used. It's a lovely tribute.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Well, it was probably important to William and Harry for sentimental reasons. And I would even guess that it also meant a lot to Diana's sisters as well. Since Charles Spencer has already shared his opinion.

As already stated, all three names honour both the Middleton, Spencer and Windsors....a happy mix.

By using it as a 3rd name perhaps it leaves it more open for Harry to use as a first or second name if he has a daughter.

LaRae

I'm kind of chuckling here reading everyone's opinions of the baby's names. "They're too common" "They're too traditional" etc etc. At least they are REAL names. I mean, have you seen some of the names people are giving their children????? How about La-a? Any idea how to pronounce it? It's La-dash-a because "the dash don't be silent". Or North West? Or Moon Unit (now there's an oldie). Charlotte's names are her names because that's what her parents decided on. Period.

I don't think it really matters how many times you use it - a person's name is a person's name. I mean, my middle name comes from my maternal grandmother's name, and although I don't use my middle name on a regular basis, it still means a lot to me to have that connection. And when it comes to people who have more than one middle name, I don't know that they determine their significance based on what order the names are placed in. William's fourth name is Louis, and yet it was the only one of his names he passed on to George.

Most importantly, though, is the fact that the names that were chosen were clearly important to William and Kate (and will likely be important to Charlotte when she grows up). Choosing a name for one's child is a very important and personal thing.

the queen saw the baby it was on the news she drove into kengiston place and stayed less then half an hour

okay this is to much there was a report that book marker are now taking bets on when will and kate will have baby number 3 The popular number is summer 2016 get real people we don't even know if they want baby number 3

Last edited by a moderator:
They have said before that they want a big family. The Duchess is still pretty young.

I think they said that before they knew she would have morning sickness from hell. She was quite the trooper for going through it a second time.

No need for her to have a second child if the morning sickness was a real factor (not that it's not very bad for her but it did seem to not be as bad this time around).

They both said they wanted a large family...I expect them to have at least 3 and possibly more.

LaRae

Many things are said before the reality of pregnancy, childbirth and child raising set in in. It might be that with her difficulties now that she has one of each they will wait several years before another like his grandmother did. We just don't know really.

Many things are said before the reality of pregnancy, childbirth and child raising set in in. It might be that with her difficulties now that she has one of each they will wait several years before another like his grandmother did. We just don't know really.

The reason there is a age difference between the The Queen Two Elder and Two Youngest Children is because of her early accession which she obviously envision happening If she had not became Queen in 1952 her Kids would all most likely be much closer in age.

The reason there is a age difference between the The Queen Two Elder and Two Youngest Children is because of her early accession which she obviously envision happening If she had not became Queen in 1952 her Kids would all most likely be much closer in age.

I thought it has been said that Andrew was a make up baby as the Queen and Phillip had been having marriage problems.

I thought it has been said that Andrew was a make up baby as the Queen and Phillip had been having marriage problems.

I believe that is only a rumor. We will probably never know the truth to that.

Though I have read in that past that the Queen and Prince Philip did go throught some sort of Marital stuff in the late 1950s (as will other tings I am not going to discuss here) and that Andrew was a result of their reconciliation and that why Prince Andrew is her favorite child.

We will probably never know the truth.

Last edited:
The number of children is not important but the care and love that goes into raising them most certainly is. I am absolutely certain they will make the choice that is right for them no matter how much pressure they may or may not have from outside sources.

Are we talking about another one already? I'll bet Kate is still sitting on donut pillows. :eek:

:previous:Yep. And a sitz bath every 4-6 hours. Sheesh!:ermm:

Let's stay on topic.

Any and all additional off topic and specualtive posts about the marriage of the Queen and Prince Phillip as well a potential number three baby for the Cambridges will be deleted without notice.

This was just on my twitter feed.
Truly she's not a week old and she's powerful !!!! There was photos of Charlotte and the Queen

The two most powerful females in Britain's royal family meet each other for the first time. @tomsteinfort #9NewsAt6 http://t.co/7L8Mo5wSk6

From the Daily Mail
Just after his mother left the palace, Prince Charles was also seen arriving for his second cuddle with the newborn royal. The doting grandfather, who has openly spoken of his hope that his daughter and son-in-law would have a girl, had already been to visit Princess Charlotte with Camilla on Sunday.

:previous: Oh dear! More than one error in that article. I suspect baby Charlotte was introduced to HM, not the other way around. :shock:

Last edited:
When she gets married she'll say all three names. When she receives any sort of honors, all three names will be used.

But King Felipe VI of Spain has full name: Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de la Santísima Trinidad y de Todos los Santos, but during his wedding he said just: "Yo, Felipe" (I remember well).:flowers:

:previous: Oh dear! More than one error in that article. I suspect baby Charlotte was introduced to HM, not the other way around. :shock:

Obviously, there's a new Queen of the Tabloids.

But King Felipe VI of Spain has full name: Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de la Santísima Trinidad y de Todos los Santos, but during his wedding he said just: "Yo, Felipe" (I remember well).:flowers:

In an Anglican wedding service the full Christian names are used - as William did at his wedding to Catherine Elizabeth.

Really the only time officially her full names will be used will be at her baptism and wedding. On official documents she will have to write them but we won't hear them.

In an Anglican wedding service the full Christian names are used - as William did at his wedding to Catherine Elizabeth.

Really the only time officially her full names will be used will be at her baptism and wedding. On official documents she will have to write them but we won't hear them.

And, as we remember from Diana and Charles' wedding, it doesn't matter if the parties don't recite all those names in the correct order. :D

My daughter has two middle names. It irks me when both her middle names aren't used.

Back
Top Bottom