The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! I totally missed everything while sleeping. Woke up at 615 am my time (east coast us) and bang - baby Princess. ?*?*?*?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The procession to Buckingham Palace is about to start!

Congrats the the Duke and Duchess, George and the other members of their family for the birth of the little Princess.

I was wrong, I had strong feelings it was going to be a boy. I'm delighted for them. Now George is a big brother!

How great :) Congrats to the happy parents and the new brother !

Congratulations to William, Catherine and the big brother.

Really glad I didn't fall asleep lol. What a quick birth.

Congrats to Their Royal Highnesses on their baby Girl!

So exciting!!! A little sister for George. I can't wait to see them together!

Yay!!!!! Congratulations to the Cambridges! I'm so excited it's a girl. I went to bed a few hours ago knowing my phone would go off if she gave birth during the night (for those of us on the West Coast) and thinking, most assuredly, that it was a girl, and sure enough, I was correct. Can't wait to hear the precious princess' new name!

:flowers: I thought people would be over here with the news. That was fast - or maybe not. Maybe they knew she was in labor and were keeping it hidden so she could have some privacy. So any news on when she will leave the hospital so we can see the baby? How long do British mothers stay in the hospital after giving birth typically? We probably won't have a name for awhile so no point in asking that, I suppose.

I didn't even know she'd gone to the hospital in labor yet, so imagine my surprise when news of the birth of a girl was all over my Twitter feed! LOL

Congrats to the Duke, the Duchess, little George, and the rest of the Windsor/Middleton family. I know Prince Charles wanted a daughter, and now he's been chomping at the bit for a granddaughter, so he's probably over the moon right now. :)

Poor tabloids.... They won't be able anymore to write "Duchess of Cambridge, nee' Kate Middleton who is 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 months pregnant" ....... And they will need to wait few months to write about possible third pregnancy....

There's a photo of George on Twitter, yelling, with the caption,

"I said Brother!!!"

:lol:

Um ... OK. Now I'm too grossed out by the image of the "ice cream" to have my breakfast.

Kate Middleton and Prince William's Royal Baby birth marked by food fans | Daily Mail Online

prince-george-wants-william-to-let-him-go.gif

Last edited:
One reflection I have on this wonderful event of the birth of a new Princess of the UK is that no matter how awful the comments get in the Daily Mail articles and the various hue and cries of republican publications, when it boils down to the monarchy, just the level of interest, the anticipation of the masses surrounding this wee little one's birth says beyond words that when all is said and done, the monarchy means something.

Ahhh... I'm an American and I'm over the moon that she's finally here. Its a happy day for sure!

:flowers: I thought people would be over here with the news. That was fast - or maybe not. Maybe they knew she was in labor and were keeping it hidden so she could have some privacy. So any news on when she will leave the hospital so we can see the baby? How long do British mothers stay in the hospital after giving birth typically? We probably won't have a name for awhile so no point in asking that, I suppose.

We did get Gerorge's name 2 days after his birth, so maybe that's when we'll be told the princess's name.

I have waited for weeks and missed all announcements...
Congratulations to TRF!

Awww! Can't wait to see her! Congrats to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George!

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror No confirmation yet but it's possible Kate and her new princess will be discharged and go home today #RoyalBaby

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me if they left the hospital later this afternoon or early evening, especially seeing as the birth was relatively quick and easy by all accounts.

A clue may be if they have visitors and what time those visitors arrive - no visitors and I expect they will leave the hospital sooner rather than later.

The Birth of HRH Princess xx of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

I am so happy I put that really strong pot of coffee on...LOL!!

Congratulations to the Cambridges and Big Brother George and both Families!!

God Bless Her Royal Highness Princess as of yet unnamed of Cambridge!! May she enjoy long life and much happiness!!

As a Canadian, so happy to celebrate the safe arrival of the newest Member of our Royal Family. :D :D :D

ETA ~ Just thought of something...Today is Kentucky Derby day and in Louisville, the liquor is known to flow freely today, so I wonder how many bottles of Champagne got opened early in order to toast the little Princess!?! :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
The easel containing the official announcement will be placed outside Buckingham Palace at 12:30 pm -London time (so in about 30 minutes).

I'm still so excited. I can't believe they have a little girl.

The rumors are that they will be leaving today. I hope we get to see Prince George at the hospital.

Last edited:
I'm still so excited. I can't believe they have a little girl.
It was 50/50 so the odds were high. I am happy for them all! Especially for prince Charles.

Oh how wonderful! A king's wish for William and Kate.

BBC are saying they might allready leave the hospital today. So what about doing the same Charles and Diana did with their second child and release the name at the moment they leave?
Everything in one day :)

The birth went quick. Only 2,5 hours. Respect!

Back
Top Bottom