The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For anyone who’s been closely following the movements of Prince Charles and whether he’s seen his grandson Prince Louis yet ...
He went in today. The Duchess of Cornwall yesterday. The Queen yesterday.

Via Chris Ship Twitter

The Disney artwork in the video is excellent. Who better to send from Disney then lovable Winnie the Pooh? Prince Louis is certainly making history!

Oh this is just too adorable and precious for words. I bet that the Cambridge family keeps this as a treasured heirloom for years to come. :flowers:

For anyone who’s been closely following the movements of Prince Charles and whether he’s seen his grandson Prince Louis yet ...
He went in today. The Duchess of Cornwall yesterday. The Queen yesterday.

Via Chris Ship Twitter

You know, I know there's always speculation and rumor about the relationship between Camilla and the Cambridges/Prince Harry, some positive and some not so positive, but I think it speaks volumes that she not only went alone to see the new baby but went before Charles. I really do think that speaks of some warmth and a good relationship there. Not necessarily and very, very close relationship but definitely not animosity. I doubt there would have been much said had Prince Charles gone alone to see the baby and if she were apprehensive about the welcome she'd receive maybe they'd have gone together but for her to feel comfortable enough to drop in on her own I really think we could see that a sign that they're on good terms and comfortable with her place in the children's lives.

“Disney has released a number of cute new sketches to mark the birth of Prince Louis.[/URL]

Shameless, American and totally cute. Which is also the opposite of Pooh! I still enjoyed it, though I hate the huckster-izing!

You know, I know there's always speculation and rumor about the relationship between Camilla and the Cambridges/Prince Harry, some positive and some not so positive, but I think it speaks volumes that she not only went alone to see the new baby but went before Charles. I really do think that speaks of some warmth and a good relationship there. Not necessarily and very, very close relationship but definitely not animosity. I doubt there would have been much said had Prince Charles gone alone to see the baby and if she were apprehensive about the welcome she'd receive maybe they'd have gone together but for her to feel comfortable enough to drop in on her own I really think we could see that a sign that they're on good terms and comfortable with her place in the children's lives.
:previous: Yes it does seem to contradict the idea that somehow Camilla is not welcomed by William and Kate.

That’s a nice thought Heather.

Shameless, American and totally cute. Which is also the opposite of Pooh! I still enjoyed it, though I hate the huckster-izing!

AdmirerUS, Why do you think the Disney drawings were huckster-izing?

:previous: Yes it does seem to contradict the idea that somehow Camilla is not welcomed by William and Kate.

What would they do ? Turn her away when she knocks on the door ? That is not how it works, especially in a Royal Family where there are rules of precedence.

Yes because Camilla would just force herself on them. :bang:

People seem to want to cling to the 'Camilla is the evil rotweiller who destroyed their family, and Harry and William shun her for eternity in honor of Diana'. When in fact there have been signs for years that she has a good, or at least descent, relationship with them. They have said as much.

I really don't think the family stands on precedence all that much outside of public occasions and more formal dinners.

Its not hard to believe that both William and Harry have come to know, like and appreciate Camilla. Its not by any means dishonoring their mother by accepting into their lives and family their father's second wife.

Why choose Eliza Lopes as a bridesmaid if this so called animosity existed.

Why choose Eliza Lopes as a bridesmaid if this so called animosity existed.

Well, I think choosing Eliza said more about their relationship with Laura. Remember that Camilla and her two children got married in short succession of each other. Yet, Catherine was only invited to Laura's wedding not Tom's or Camilla's. And there is photos of Catherine and Laura socializing pre-royal wedding. I think Eliza's inclusion is more a testament to their fondness for Laura, but it also a nice nod to Charles' other family.

Jacknch, Since Laura isn't a member of the BRF I'm going to leave it in this thread.

Perhaps now we can get back on topic.

What a gorgeous (and big) baby boy Louis is, and lovely photos of him awake, asleep and with big sister Charlotte on her birthday. I think he looks more like George than her, but it's hard to tell with newborns of course.

He may or may not. Many babies are born with dark hair and it falls out, and comes in light. Or he may take after his Mum. Will have to wait and see.

Or he may take after his Dad and eventually it will disappear completely. ?

Last edited:
Or he may take after his Dad and eventually it disappear completely. ?

Give the poor baby a chance, he has a good 30 years before he faces that...let him get a full head of hair before he worry about him losing it. There are a few good hair genes in the Spencers/windsors, there may be some hope.

Give the poor baby a chance, he has a good 30 years before he faces that...let him get a full head of hair before he worry about him losing it. There are a few good hair genes in the Spencers/windsors, there may be some hope.

And Michael Middleton has great hair, so George and Louis have a fighting chance.?

Ummm...those good Spencer/Windsor genes didn't do William any good!

If George and Louis don't go bald like their father I think we can thank Michael Middleton and his full head of hair.

Ummm...those good Spencer/Windsor genes didn't do William any good!

If George and Louis don't go bald like their father I think we can thank Michael Middleton and his full head of hair.

Good thing about genetics, its basically a lottery pool at times. You can have six children from the same parents and none may look the same. Harry has a balding spot coming but not nearly as bad as his brother.

But baldness tends to be inherited from the mother's side. So at least Michal Middleton gives some hope for his grandsons.

Good thing about genetics, its basically a lottery pool at times. You can have six children from the same parents and none may look the same. Harry has a balding spot coming but not nearly as bad as his brother.

But baldness tends to be inherited from the mother's side. So at least Michal Middleton gives some hope for his grandsons.

True. Look at Prince Andrew who has hair versus Charles and Edward. Or Micheal Middleton and his 3 brothers. Michael has hair, the other 3 not so much. It's quite possible that George and Louis will experience different hair destinies as they age.

With how bad that bald gene hit William I don't hold out much hope for his sons.

With how bad that bald gene hit William I don't hold out much hope for his sons.

Fortunately for the boys the main factor for baldness is on the X-chromosome, so they have to worry more about the men in their mother's family.

Back
Top Bottom