The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, most likely. I don't expect them to change to 'Cornwall and Cambridge' for the 'in-between'.
I suspect the answer will lie in how long it takes for Charles to create William as Pow.

long it takes for Charles to create William as Pow.

Unlikely to be long, I think. Perhaps on Coronation Day ?

The change of title is automatic - William will be the Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge and as Cornwall is the most senior title, I can see them using just "Cornwall". I also think that it would be an opportunity to remind people that titles are about position rather than owned by individuals.

Last time this happened was when Edward VII came to the throne - his heir became Duke of Cornwall and York. It took c.6 months before he was created Prince of Wales.

I think that sort of timeline could happen again. Definitely before the Coronation as the focus should be on the King, rather than William.

Unlikely to be long, I think. Perhaps on Coronation Day ?

That’s my guess or even earlier. I don’t know why people think he’ll have to wait. It’s not a title you need to ‘earn’. Plus William is popular in Wales. Charles was only around 10 when he became Pow.

That’s my guess or even earlier. I don’t know why people think he’ll have to wait. It’s not a title you need to ‘earn’. Plus William is popular in Wales. Charles was only around 10 when he became Pow.

Exactly; there was a delay of some six years.

I just saw a report where the birth certificate for Prince Louis had been released. I noticed that Prince William is list as "His Royal Highness Prince William...." but Kate is listed as "Catherine Elizabeth....Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge". Why is the "Royal Highness" not listed at the beginning of her name as it is with William's?

Exactly; there was a delay of some six years.

I think waiting for a child to be old enough to comprehend the title being granted is different from the argument William will be made to wait as an adult. Wait for what?

I just saw a report where the birth certificate for Prince Louis had been released. I noticed that Prince William is list as "His Royal Highness Prince William...." but Kate is listed as "Catherine Elizabeth....Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge". Why is the "Royal Highness" not listed at the beginning of her name as it is with William's?

Because she’s not HRH Catherine Elizabeth. She’s HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. Her names aren’t part of her title.

She is not a princess of the blood. She is a princess (William) by marriage.

LaRae

The change of title is automatic - William will be the Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge and as Cornwall is the most senior title, I can see them using just "Cornwall". I also think that it would be an opportunity to remind people that titles are about position rather than owned by individuals.

Last time this happened was when Edward VII came to the throne - his heir became Duke of Cornwall and York. It took c.6 months before he was created Prince of Wales.

I think that sort of timeline could happen again. Definitely before the Coronation as the focus should be on the King, rather than William.

The change is indeed automatic. The moment their greatgrandmother dies, they become HRH prince(ss) George/Charlotte/Louis of Cornwall and Cambridge. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that they start using 'Cornwall' instead of 'Cambridge' at school. Especially, if the expectation would be that 'Wales' would soon follow there is no need to use 'Cornwall' in between imo.

I think waiting for a child to be old enough to comprehend the title being granted is different from the argument William will be made to wait as an adult. Wait for what?

What is there to comprehend?

“Pubgoers can wet the head of the newest Royal Prince Louis at the first pub to be named in his honour.

The McMullen and Sons pub, in Notley Green, Great Notley, is set to open to punters for the first time on May 9, and excitement is already building in the village.”

Read more: Great Notley pub gets a right Royal name after little Prince Louis | Braintree and Witham Times

That's how you know you've made it as a British royal, you get a pub named after you!

What is there to comprehend?

Let’s cut to the chase. If it’s your opinion William will be made to wait, what would be Charles rationale. William is popular in Wales, Charles and his princess consort will want a wind at their their back for the coronation so why make William wait for a title that’s only linked to the heir to the throne. There’s no earning the title.

Historically, the eldest son and heir of the monarch has been invested with the title of The Prince of Wales. William meets that criteria. I do think Charles will waste no time in naming William the PoW. Also, I don't expect there to be a grandiose investiture ceremony like Charles had in Wales at age 21 which was 11 years after being named Prince of Wales in 1958.

It will be the same sometime down the road when a King William invests his son, George, as PoW. Its an historical tradition. Again, its at the will and pleasure of the monarch. How and when Charles decides to do this, if he even does, is solely up to him. I don't think its something he's actively thinking about and planning because as he said himself, "you do realize that when I do become King, it will mean that I've lost my mother".

All things in good time.

Let’s move on. William’s future titles have absolutely nothing to do with Louis’ birth.

Further posts on the subject will be deleted without warning.

If William and Catherine would choose Lady Gabriella Windsor as godmother as Louis was born on her birthday?

“Parliament's first act after a two-week break was to pay homage to a baby.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern passed a motion this afternoon to congratulate Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their third child, Prince Louis.

"Along with many people around the globe, New Zealanders have witnessed and celebrated the joy that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have clearly found with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte," Ardern said.

"I'm very pleased to lead the House's congratulations on the birth of a third child to this close-knit family.”

Read more: Prince Louis celebrated in New Zealand Parliament with a waiata

Photos of the Queen visiting Kensington Palace today presumably to meet Prince Louis

Instagram

Can we assume then that Charles may have visited as well by now?

I can't imagine he hasn't at this point.

LaRae

Hopefully they didn't tell George that Gan Gan was arriving by helicopter or he would never have been convinced that he had to go to school. :lol:

Glad that the Queen was able to fly over to visit little Louis in comfort and ease and hope the whole family enjoyed the visit.

:previous: Hopefully they didn't tell George that Gan Gan "jumped" out of a helicopter to open the London Olympic Games. ? Parachuting Gan Gan would be worth staying home to watch her land in your backyard.

“Parliament's first act after a two-week break was to pay homage to a baby.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern passed a motion this afternoon to congratulate Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their third child, Prince Louis.

"Along with many people around the globe, New Zealanders have witnessed and celebrated the joy that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have clearly found with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte," Ardern said.

"I'm very pleased to lead the House's congratulations on the birth of a third child to this close-knit family.”

Read more: Prince Louis celebrated in New Zealand Parliament with a waiata

Quite surprising considering that Jacinda Ardem is a self-proclaimed republican, isn’t she ?

Do you believe that Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp will be a godfather to Prince Louis?

Not likely...I don't think Harry is close with him.

LaRae

Quite surprising considering that Jacinda Ardem is a self-proclaimed republican, isn’t she ?

If she is, it is still her obligation as PM of New Zealand, to congratulate senior members of the Royal Family on the birth of their children!

Back
Top Bottom