The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kathia_Sophia, I'm sorry, I wan't meaning to be disrespectful.
This is a perfect place for discussion.

I neglected to say that my post was mostly reflecting on how the media is publishing headlines that seem impatient (attracting equally impatient comments) and taking intrusive pictures of George going to school all in the name of waiting for the name.
Oh, you were not disrespectful. I was just pointing out that it's okay to discuss the name as long as it's fun and not disrespectful.:flowers:

There is such a wibe around the name Philip, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if that was it. I think I’ll venture a little guess, that it will be Prince Philip Arthur Michael - and let’s see how far off that will be in the end :)

Whatever his name I bet Charlotte is loving having a baby to cuddle and fuss about. George, maybe not so much just yet

It's Louis Arthur Charles.

Well, I wasn't expecting that.

Oh my, I wasnt expecting Louis!!! How do you prounounce in English?

The Birth of HRH Prince xxx of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

Very nice I like it. But would have liked the English spelling Lewis ( my fathers name )

Last edited:
Curveball!

I did not expect that one. Do they pronounce it as LouiE or LouiS (emphasis on the E or S)?

LaRae

Well, I certainly expected them to avoid using any of George's names...

I'd prefer it if they included Philip instead of Charles, but again it's not my place. So best wishes to another Prince Louis!

Last edited:
I think it will be LouiE in pronunciation. It’s a really lovely name.

Oh my, I wasnt expecting Louis!!! How do you prounounce in English?

I'm expecting they will pronounce it LOO-IS/LU-ISS rather than LU-EE.

LU-EE is usually the French pronunciation or used as a nickname or informal version.

I guess someone will confirm how it is said

Inwoukd have preferred Arthur as the first name, but so be it. The delay may be associated with pressure from the RF to include Charles in the name.

The 's' is silent.

NEVER had a Prince Louis before in the United Kingdom, so the Cambridge's , so often slated as 'unoriginal', have 'broken new ground' indeed.

Louis has a very soft touch but it isn't a strong name like William suggested, maybe he was joking. However, is Louis a british name? Sounds very french. I hope the S at the end has emphasis, otherwise, with emphasis on E, it would be soooo french and not english. At least for my ears ahahah

One of William's names is Louis too I think...and George. I am surprised they went with Louis as a first name.

LaRae

That is very unusual (and not very Hanovarian!) I like it though, I think, and it goes well with George and Charlotte. Perhaps after Louis Mountbatten, Prince Philip's uncle and his father Prince Louis Battenberg?

Love the name Louis, Arthur ok Charles nah!

they really shoudl have included Philip....but it is a bit unusual.. .

I am wondering if Phillip is going to be used by Zara (or Harry) and that's why it's left unused at this point.

LaRae

Extremely fond [as I am] of Stuart, French Royal history and English mythology. I couldn't be HAPPIER.

Decent name. And as has been mentioned earlier; Will's uncle, Earl Spencer, has a son named Louis (and, of course, a daughter named Charlotte Diana.)

Very nice I like it. But would have liked the English spelling Lewis ( my fathers name )
My son David's middle name, and welsh. but I guess they have gone with the french version as it is in many of the family names.

I didn't expect Louis since George has it as his third name. Not really impressed with the choice, but that's because I've never been fond of the name.

Quite surprised Catherine's father wasn't honoured

I didn't expect Louis to be the first name but I loved it!

Back
Top Bottom