The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like Albert may be the frontrunner, as pulling up the official page of Prince Albert produces an "Access Denied" message.

Which Prince Albert though? Curious here.

Just a thought, but didn't they have a visit from Queen Elizabeth II before they announced the baby's name the last two times? I'm wondering if they are waiting until the Queen sees the baby before they announce the name. I know it's not a rule or anything, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Looks like Albert may be the frontrunner, as pulling up the official page of Prince Albert produces an "Access Denied" message.
Interesting. That's the same message as the one for George and Charlotte, while other pages (including princess Beatrice and contenders such as prince Philip and prince Arthur don't exist at all... (showing 'page not found''))

Last edited:
Interesting. That's the same message as the one for George and Charlotte, while other pages (including princess Beatrice) don't exist at all... (showing 'page not found'')

Yes, this is compelling evidence.

I have to say, while this speculation is fun, I very seriously doubt they'll name the baby Albert given the connotations associated with that name. They're royal but they're not immune to understanding what that brings to mind for many people and I highly doubt they'd want to subject their son to those jokes, snickers, and innuendos. Albert might be a middle name but I just really, really can't imagine they'd choose that for the the first name. I think it's highly likely that the Prince Albert on the RF website refers to Queen Victoria's husband, Prince Albert, and everyone's just getting a bit worked up with the waiting game.

Apparently the name will not be known before the family has the oportunity to know the baby.
I think that the grandfather Charles and the great grandmother the Queen will visit the little family during the weekend. We will know the names on Monday

I think he is being honest about not having settled on a name yet.

Or maybe they had a name, but upon seeing the baby, maybe they thought he didn't look like the name they choose. It can happen. My mom's fav name was Sofia, but when I was born, I didn't had the face of Sofia (what my mom told me), and she choose a different name for my first name, a name that suited me, and Sofia became my middle name.

Perhaps they 100% thought it was a girl, had everything settled, with only two or three boys names on the list. Now they're rethinking those few names? Could happen!

maybe they had decided on Philip and Philip vetoed it :lol:

Or.... George and Charlotte are adamant about naming their baby brother SpongeBob and mom and dad are still trying to calm them down enough to accept something else. ?

At this point, anything is a viable reason why they've not announced the name yet. We just don't know. :D

I have to say, while this speculation is fun, I very seriously doubt they'll name the baby Albert given the connotations associated with that name. They're royal but they're not immune to understanding what that brings to mind for many people and I highly doubt they'd want to subject their son to those jokes, snickers, and innuendos. Albert might be a middle name but I just really, really can't imagine they'd choose that for the the first name. I think it's highly likely that the Prince Albert on the RF website refers to Queen Victoria's husband, Prince Albert, and everyone's just getting a bit worked up with the waiting game.

Oh I hope your right it would be awful to give him that name

maybe they had decided on Philip and Philip vetoed it :lol:

MichelleQ2, i agree, something woobbled in the naming process! Perhaps a veto, perhaps a bit of foot stomping! “ why can you never name your sons Charles.”
:eek:

Or perhaps...
William wants John but to be called Jack, Catherine wants John but to be called John, and Charles STILL doesn’t like the name John....

Or they can't figure out how to tell the Queen why they won't name him Prince Albert.

They've already got a kid named after the Queen's father.....I think they are just jacking with us cause they can! I don't buy it that they don't know what they are calling this boy.

LaRae

I don't understand why people are so impatient.
Parents can take six weeks to legally lodge a child's name.

The new prince will have the name for a lifetime so it's reasonable to take some time to get to know him and to decide on a suitable name.
Once announced, the World will know in less than a second!

I don't understand why people are so impatient.
Parents can take six weeks to legally lodge a child's name.

The new prince will have the name for a lifetime so it's reasonable to take some time to get to know him and to decide on a suitable name.
Once announced, the World will know in less than a second!
Yes, you're right. But this is fun. Everyone has a different opinion, different theories. It's fun to share everyone's thoughts without disrespecting one another. Also, this is a discussion thread, so lets talk:flowers::cool:;)

For some reason, I always thought names were announced when the baby was baptized, so getting the info earlier seems like a huge bonus! Otherwise, I probably would not have paid attention, honestly.

:previous: In Denmark yes. Never heard of it in any other place, at least among royals. Especially in modern times, when baptisms are often months after a baby is born if not longer. Not the old days, when the baby would be baptized within days, because the high chance the baby would die shortly after.

Around here, its very uncommon a baby would leave the hospital without a name. You usually fill out the paper work for the birth certificate in hospital. I worked in a pediatric clinic, and booked first check ups for babies 5 days after their birth. I never met a baby without a name even at 5 days. Usually when they called they would know the name, even hours after.

I highly doubt Charles expects Charles Jr. He already has Charlotte. :flowers:

Same goes for the queen and Albert. George was named for her father.

John debate is the only debate that seems reasonable.

Kathia_Sophia, I'm sorry, I wan't meaning to be disrespectful.
This is a perfect place for discussion.

I neglected to say that my post was mostly reflecting on how the media is publishing headlines that seem impatient (attracting equally impatient comments) and taking intrusive pictures of George going to school all in the name of waiting for the name.

I highly doubt Charles expects Charles Jr. He already has Charlotte. :flowers:

Same goes for the queen and Albert. George was named for her father.

These suggestions were made as a joke!

These suggestions were made as a joke!

Considering the queen's veto is a very real thing, and both Charles and Albert have been suggested as baby names, perhaps your sarcasm needs to be more clear. :flowers:

The Birth of HRH Prince xxx of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

I’m starting to think it might be Phillip but he mightn’t be well enough to see him or something so not announcing until Phillip is well
I hope not
See what waiting does makes us go a little crazy

Maybe William and Catherine spent today reading this forum & laughing their heads off. ?

I’m starting to think it might be Phillip but he mightn’t be well enough to see him or something so not announcing until Phillip is well
I hope not
See what waiting does makes us go a little crazy

Not likely. Philip has never rushed to see the great-grandchildren before.

Prince Philip is said to have not met George until he was 7 weeks old. Philip didn't meet George until he made his first trip to Scotland. George was born when the couple are normally in Scotland, but there was no concern for Philip to meet George before his name was released.

Like with George, when Philip was recovering from some surgery, he is recovering from knee surgery now. Doubt he is the hold out on name.

Back
Top Bottom