The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What duckies in a row :ermm:

Honestly it just seems a matter of timing. A mix of the fact today is Anzac day, and not wanting to take away from that. And that Grandpa Charles is away and has not had a chance to see the baby.

George and Charlotte are in charge y'know... they have to line up their rubber duckies and then give the OK to announce their sibling's name. To be honest, its not going to surprise me if the news come out that the wee ones were very involved in the name selection. :D

Actually, getting things in order such as Charles meeting his new grandson and perhaps the Queen visiting too happens before the name will be released. Both the Queen and Charles had busy appointment books for today from what I've seen.

George and Charlotte are in charge y'know... they have to line up their rubber duckies and then give the OK to announce their sibling's name. To be honest, its not going to surprise me if the news come out that the wee ones were very involved in the name selection. :D

I'm not sure about that! If I had a 4-year old and a 2 year-old and wanted to keep the name of the new sibling secret, I would not tell them ANYTHING!! I would be afraid they would blab about it to their school mates!!

You've got a pretty good point there. I can remember being 6 years old and my mother wanted to call my newly adopted baby brother "Joel". I looked her straight in the eye and said "His name is Dan". Dan is was. Of course the name wasn't a state secret either at the time. :D

Charlotte at almost 3 years old would be the kind of kid in a restaurant that would announce to all and sundry "I'm going potty" on the way there and "I went potty" on the way back. My oldest did that to a round of applause from the diners. Gee whiz. So saying the name would definitely not remain a secret long with either George or Charlotte.

Do you think it will be today?

Do you think it will be today?
This morning KP announced that William will be best man at the wedding next month. Makes me think that the announcement of the names for the baby will not be on the same day as this announcement.

This morning KP announced that William will be best man at the wedding next month. Makes me think that the announcement of the names for the baby will not be on the same day as this announcement.

Why not ? I don’t see any connection between the two announcements.

You might be right.
I think the announcement will be on Friday. Will give the Queen more time to see her new great grandson before the announcement will be made.

William's name was announced when he was a week old and I heard that Charles'name was revealed when he was a month old.
In Denmark the royal children are officialy nameless until their baptism at the age of 4 months

You might be right.
I think the announcement will be on Friday. Will give the Queen more time to see her new great grandson before the announcement will be made.

William's name was announced when he was a week old and I heard that Charles'name was revealed when he was a month old.
In Denmark the royal children are officialy nameless until their baptism at the age of 4 months

It's been said that there were disagreements about the names that delayed the announcement after William's birth. Charles wanted one name, Diana another and they couldn't agree for several days.

It's been said that there were disagreements about the names that delayed the announcement after William's birth. Charles wanted one name, Diana another and they couldn't agree for several days.

I always think whoever pushes that baby out gets the final say on its name ..ha ha

Average parents discuss it while a woman is still pregnant.?

I had all my children’s name sorted before birth but I know people who wait till they see it to see if it looks like a Alfred or Arthur!!

According to Morton's book Diana rejected Albert and Arthur as 'too old' for first names for young boys. She wanted John according to one version I've read. They agreed on William, supposedly named in honour of Prince William of Gloucester, killed in an air crash in 1972.

Yes, I think they will make the announcement today.

I think they will make the announcement after the Queen has seen her great grandson.
I thought that that was for before the weekend, but it could be later.

I had all my children’s name sorted before birth but I know people who wait till they see it to see if it looks like a Alfred or Arthur!!

That's right, we had names picked out but wanted to take a good look at them before "officially" choosing!

It may be nothing.. but -

Just walked past Kensington Palace and the guy mowing the lawn shouted at me: "It's Arthur."

#intel

I like the suspense, and it is right to delay the announcement if they're waiting for the entire family to meet the baby. There's no hurry! It's a special time for all involved and I hope they savour it before the press and the whole world begin to comment on how old, clunky, modern, edgy, boring the name they picked is...

It may be nothing.. but -

Just walked past Kensington Palace and the guy mowing the lawn shouted at me: "It's Arthur."

#intel

Ahahah! Who knows???!! I bet he was pulling your leg, though...:lol: ?

Maybe he was telling you HIS name! :lol:

? Just in case, did you bet on it...?

Last edited by a moderator:
William speaking to another threw the name Jerry ? Other person suggested
William liked it, however I don't feel he will name him that, Wills like Alexander, Prince Alexander Philip James...imho

Well maybe tomorrow is the day.....

LaRae

;)
Charlotte at almost 3 years old would be the kind of kid in a restaurant that would announce to all and sundry "I'm going potty" on the way there and "I went potty" on the way back.

I doubt it. :lol:

"Going potty" in the UK means going mad, in the sense of losing either one's sanity or one's temper.

We have many euphemisms for using the toilet ;) but that's not one of them.

Last edited:
The other day I said I thought the name would be Alfred, but after all the Baby Alfie controversy this week I don't think that name will be a possibility for this Prince any longer.

Back
Top Bottom