The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can’t possibly see why.
Somehow I don't think they would want the attendance at such solemn occasions to be overshadowed by a name announcement in tomorrow's papers. Time will tell.....

Royal baby will have 'strong name' says Prince William and reveals his new son is 'sleeping well and behaving himself' as Kate Middleton's parents are among first to visit

• The Duke of Cambridge has joined Harry and Meghan at Westminster Abbey
  • Charles has been unable see his new grandson as he was in Scotland on Monday
  • Kate's proud parents and her sister Pippa have all been to Kensington Palace
Royal baby will have 'strong name' says Prince William | Daily Mail Online

It is taking longer to announce the name this time, isn’t it ? It has been two days already since the baby was born.

Not quite yet. George's name wasn't announced until a little after 6:00 PM. (I guess this one was born earlier in the day so it's been about the same number of hours at this point.)

Prince Charlotte's name was announced at 3:00, which we've just gone through with no announcement.

Last edited:
I can’t possibly see why.

Today is a day of remembrance for a large part of the Commonwealth, with services of Thanksgiving held. I doubt they want to disrupt or disrespect those events and memories.

My bet is that they announce tomorrow, or after papers have gone to print for the night, so today can be about those who have been lost, and not the newborn Prince's name. Anzac day is one day a year, the Prince will be here for years to come, the name can wait.

Hmmmm strong name. Well that could mean anything.

LaRae

But he didn't actually say that. He said that "Jerry" was a strong name in answer to someone named "Jerry" who suggested it! Ah, the papers!

But he didn't actually say that. He said that "Jerry" was a strong name in answer to someone named "Jerry" who suggested it! Ah, the papers!

It seems that two different names were used by William as "strong names". One was "Jerry" with the New Zealand High Commissioner to the UK Sir Jerry Mateparae.

The other one was, as told by Alexander Downer, the Australian High Commissioner, that he favoured his own Christian name as a frontrunner for the Prince, the Duke replied: “Funny you should say that... It’s a good name.”

Both men were in attendance at the Westminster Abbey memorial service. William didn't give anything away at all. :D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-baby-cambridge-royal-name-12410925 (Thanks to Rudolph for originally posting this link)

HRH Prince Popeye of Cambridge, perhaps ?

Strong to the finish cuz he eats his spinach! I see a rise in the popularity of spinach ahead and a future marriage to a wonderful woman by the name of Olive. :lol:

"Funny you should say that," lends itself to believe that Alexander is being used. Except it's one of George's names, so it would seem odd (to me) to then use it as little brother's given name. Would it not? Unless they plan to use it as a middle name for the newborn as well, which I have heard of happening.

William is having a bit of fun with the media ..nice chance for him to tweak them a bit.

LaRae

"Funny you should say that," lends itself to believe that Alexander is being used. Except it's one of George's names, so it would seem odd (to me) to then use it as little brother's given name. Would it not? Unless they plan to use it as a middle name for the newborn as well, which I have heard of happening.

I think it was done in an ironic manner as the persons suggesting the names also had the same names. Of course its funny that someone should suggest their own name as a top contender. :D

I think it was done in an ironic manner as the persons suggesting the names also had the same names. Of course its funny that someone should suggest their own name as a top contender. :D

I'm sure it was. Leading us all on. But people recommending their own names for a baby name happens ALLLLLLL the time. We went the route of not finding out sex of our children, and the name suggestions were insane. I had people recommending their names for boys and girls. :rolleyes::lol::D

I'm hoping we only have a few more hours left of suspense and they'll announce at close of business today. But it will likely wait until tomorrow morning. I suspect people are right and they'd like to introduce the baby to immediate family before completely introducing him to the world. And Charles had duties.

Oh, too bad Will was just joking around. The first name I chose, Richard, means "strong ruler." I'm just taking a wild guess, but hoping I'm right. ? (Richard David Michael)

Richard would be a nice name too.

LaRAe

I'm wondering why they dont tell when the name will be released, it would resultate in very less speculation...

Oh all the hyped up speculation of a new baby's name is fun!

I think Gem7 may be onto something here. Richard = strong ruler. I just hope they don't call the kid Dickie. :D

Eh, it has happened before. Case in point, Prince Andrew's full name is Andrew Albert Christian Edward and 4 years later his brother is called Edward. I still don't expect Alexander to be the name, but there is (fairly recent) royal precedent.

I was very struck by Catherine’s demeanor on the hospital steps. She had complete confidence, and was sooooo into her baby. In previous hospital step photo calls, while enamored with her new baby, she also seemed eager to accommodate the press and baby watchers. But on Monday she just was in another world with the new prince. I believe at one point she was gazing down at the baby, and William had to nudge her to look up for a photo. I think she said, “oh, sorry” - it was as if she forgot all those people and cameras were surrounding her little family.

I have a feeling this may be the final Baby Cambridge (though I would love a little sister for Charlotte). Catherine and William seem to be soaking up every moment, perhaps still working on a name. Also, she will be out of view and only with the kids all summer (perhaps at Amner). When I had my final baby, I knew he was our last one, and I just remember being aware of all of the “lasts” that come with a final baby.

I have a feeling this may be the final Baby Cambridge

Yes, I think it is their last. She had such difficult pregnancies that i wonder how she agreed to give birth to the third))

I'm wondering why they dont tell when the name will be released, it would resultate in very less speculation...

I was told that we will know before the weekend.
So they still have two days.
Patience! On friday we will know and now we still have two days of guessing:flowers:

The Birth of HRH Prince xxx of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

Yes, I think it is their last. She had such difficult pregnancies that i wonder how she agreed to give birth to the third))

She is one of three herself. That may have factored in. She’s a trooper, that’s for sure.

She seems so close to her sister, I’d almost expect them to try for another girl.....except it’s a 50/50 chance of that. But who knows.....

Last edited:
Eh, it has happened before. Case in point, Prince Andrew's full name is Andrew Albert Christian Edward and 4 years later his brother is called Edward. I still don't expect Alexander to be the name, but there is (fairly recent) royal precedent.
Yep, and a less recent precedent is George VI and his younger brother the Duke of Kent. George VI was baptized Albert Frederick Arthur George and his younger brother was baptized George Edward Alexander Edmund.

I have a feeling this may be the final Baby Cambridge (though I would love a little sister for Charlotte). Catherine and William seem to be soaking up every moment, perhaps still working on a name. Also, she will be out of view and only with the kids all summer (perhaps at Amner). When I had my final baby, I knew he was our last one, and I just remember being aware of all of the “lasts” that come with a final baby.
My mom thinks the opposite when I said this baby will probably be their last child. She said she is young and healthy, because 36 is very young on a age that most women give birth on their 40s. She told me that she expects another pregnancy annoucement when she's 38/39. And who wouldn't want to have 2 boys and 2 girls? Every women's dream my mom said (my mom only had one boy and one girl though). My mom is a true baby watcher:lol:

I'm in the camp of 'they will have one more baby'...I expect another announcement when she's around 38.

LaRae

It would be lovely if someday Kate and Meghan could give birth in close time one to the other.

Well..totally possible. You can figure Harry/Meghan will look at having a family pretty soon after they marry.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom