The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imagine if this little one is really called Frederick! They will have Princes George and Fred. Like the twins in Harry Potter.

Congratulations to the Cambridges! Very good news.

Additional information: from the moment the baby boy was born, Prince Andrew no longer needs the Queen's permission to remarry. :D

And that's "remarry" as in marry someone else or marry the same person again ....

^ Could be either, but IF it is to his ex-wife AGAIN, nothing will happen until the DoE is deceased..

I don't think it's just negativity. For me it's also a concern that the bar is set very high for "normal women." It could be a dangerous message to say that a woman who has just given birth has to be up and about and wearing heels only a few hours after giving birth. In my grandmother's generation women rested in bed for 40 days and were helped by relatives, neighbors, friends, regardless of their social status! But today, this rarely happens. The Duchess of Cambridge has a lot of help (as she should) and I'm glad for her, but it is important to keep things in perspective. Most women go home from the hospital and don't have any assistance or the luxury to rest, so they shouldn't rush to go home...! Ideally, home is best but it can be much harder without some support!

This said, she looked absolutely fabulous and I couldn't be happier for Prince William and she! I loved the dress, everything! They are a very classy couple and have an adorable family.

And yes...I'm also rooting for a fourth one...in due course!! :whistling:

40 days in bed?!?!:ermm::lol: My goodness, how boring!
My grandmother remained one week in hospital (even though when she gave birth to my father it´s been a difficult birth)and that was that.

Up to the 1970s royal women didn´t go into hospitals to give birth at all. Royals births always took place in royal residents. So in that respect it´s no problem at all to leave soon if everything´s ok.
I admit I HATE clinics or hospitals. I also would not stay there a single minute too long....!

^ Could be either, but IF it is to his ex-wife AGAIN, nothing will happen until the DoE is deceased..

If it is the same one, it will have to happen after the DoE has passed away, but fast enough before the Queen has too, because once she does Andrew is back to number 6 in the line and will need the new monarch (that be Charles) approval to marry.

If it is the same one, it will have to happen after the DoE has passed away, but fast enough before the Queen has too, because once she does Andrew is back to number 6 in the line and will need the new monarch (that be Charles) approval to marry.
But if Harry and Meghan have children in the meantime, it won't be necessary for approval once again. William and Catherine might go for a fourth child, who knows...

Approval for what? Do you think the Queen has to approve the names of Harry's children?

LaRae

Charles knows by his own experience the meaning of the enduring love.

Approval for what? Do you think the Queen has to approve the names of Harry's children?

LaRae
The Queen does have a final say regarding the names though I don't think she uses her veto that much.
What they're talking about here is that the monarch must approve the marriages of the first 6 in the line of succession.

LaRae
Approval to marry. We were talking about the Duke of York doesn't need the premission of the Queen to remarry since the new Prince was born.

“Buckingham Palace has commissioned this exclusive range to celebrate the birth of the new Royal Baby, the third child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, born on Monday, 23 April 2018.

The design shows the lion and unicorn, the heraldic supporters of the coat of arms, surmounted by the coronet of The Duke and Duchess. A charming pattern of gold ribbons and decorative pompoms completes the unique design.”

Royal Baby

It appears Eugenie has been to KP this evening. I prefabs it is to see the baby, but it could well have been to see her new home!

I'm inclined to think that it was the new baby prince that was the attraction. I would imagine that family has been in and out of KP all day to welcome the new wee one to the world.

It appears Eugenie has been to KP this evening. I prefabs it is to see the baby, but it could well have been to see her new home!

It is unlikely that Eugenie would see the new baby before other closer relatives.

It is unlikely that Eugenie would see the new baby before other closer relatives.

I don't think they have to visit in order? Charles won't be there till later due to engagements ...I'd say they will go when it's convenient for Kate and their schedules combined.

LaRae

Like many here, I also had a feeling it was a little Prince. So happy he's here safe & sound & all went well.

Congratulations to the Cambridges & both Families!! Welcome to the World Little One!!

Oh & Thank You Rudolph for the link to the photo of the Falls last night. I didn't see that as the news was filled w/far more important & sadder news for obvious reasons. Sigh...The day for us Canadian Royalty fans sure went from joyful to mournful fast, huh? [emoji17]

I’m sure we will know in the next few hours ..when I’m asleep [emoji99]!!!

It is taking longer to announce the name this time, isn’t it ? It has been two days already since the baby was born.

Exactly: 48 hours and 15 minutes:flowers:

Don't expect an announcement today, would distract from their attendance at ANZAC commemorations.

I wonder if the delay of the name annoucement is because of Anzac day. In the morning there was a memorial, so maybe they didn't release yet because the focus should be for the Anzac day. But I hope they announce the baby's name within the next hours.

Back
Top Bottom