The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
No, hazel eyes can be various shades--it is kind of a catch all description. And Kate's eyes do change color depending upon lighting or what she is wearing, but often have lots of green to them.

"For starters, people describe this magnificent eye color in many different ways. Some say it looks like hazelnut, while others call it golden or brownish green. One of the reasons it's so hard to describe hazel-colored eyes is that the hue itself seems to change, depending on what you wear and the type of lighting you are in.

To complicate matters further, although hazel eyes appear to contain hues of green, amber and even blue, these color pigments don't exist in the human eye."

Hazel Eyes: What Determines Hazel Eye Color
Yes, thank you for sharing, hazel eyes sure are a fascinating thing. Though I see mostly blue-ish grey in Catherine's, I now understand why people say she has hazel eyes

Old 05-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Majesty

I never knew my eye color as they seem to change depending on the clothes I am wearing (and light etc), until someone at the DMV had to fill it out on a form for my driver's license and stated that it was 'hazel'. Most of the time people would say they are blue-gray-ish (as with Catherine; especially when wearing blue) but when I just checked in the mirror they seemed more brown-greenish... So, that's something I have in common with the Duchess.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:18 PM
Courtier

I also have hazel eyes and they do change color depending on what I'm wearing and even my mood. I love my hazel eyes because they are so unique and versatile. :-)
Old 05-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the birth of Prince Louis:

https://t.co/ctoGBcIIbu
Old 06-04-2018, 02:36 AM
Courtier

Has the Christening date been announced as yet for Prince Louis?
I predict one Godmother being Lady Gabriella Windsor.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:01 AM
Royal Highness

^^ Why Lady Gabriella Windsor especially?
Old 06-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

No date yet but it's been said (by various watchers) later this month. No idea if that's true or not.

LaRae
Old 06-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I wouldn't be surprised if both Harry and Pippa end up being godparents this time. I know they haven't made any siblings godparents, but I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to name their siblings. They tend to pick people that have already settled down.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Majesty

Yes, though Hugh Grosvenor hadnt settled down, had he, though he had a steady girlfriend I suppose.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
^^ Why Lady Gabriella Windsor especially?
Maybe because she has the same birthday?
Old 06-04-2018, 11:33 AM
Majesty

Indeed, the duke of Westminster was only 22 when he was chosen as a godfather to prince George and still not married - I'm also not sure that Sophie Carter is married (if that is what 'settled down' implies), so I'm not so sure about the 'settled down'-requirement. Nonetheless, they might finally ask their siblings but I don't expect them to.

Found a list of Catherine's friend (source doesn't seem that reliable but who knows), so most likely one of them ends up as one of Louis' godparents (Emilia Jardine-Paterson and Sophie Carter already did for George and Charlotte).

Other friends:
- Trini Foyle (Marlborough College - still seen together in Kensington Garden and with Middleton family)
- Alice Avenel (Marlborough College - W&C attended her wedding; friends with William as well; was at university with Pippa)
(other names are either wives of those already godparents or (former) staff - the last category could very well be chosen; as was done with George)
Old 06-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Has the Christening date been announced as yet for Prince Louis?
I predict one Godmother being Lady Gabriella Windsor.
I would have thought that was a possibility, too, until Lady Gabriella wasn't invited to Harry's wedding. I just find it hard to believe that she could be close enough to William to be godmother to his son but not close enough to Harry to warrant a wedding invite. While that could absolutely be true with friends, I'd think family would be close with both or neither. I'd expect an announcement any day on the date for the christening, though.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Aristocracy

The Duke of Cambridge is on a royal tour to Israel at the end of this month so it looks likely that the Christening will take place after the tour in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I would have thought that was a possibility, too, until Lady Gabriella wasn't invited to Harry's wedding. I just find it hard to believe that she could be close enough to William to be godmother to his son but not close enough to Harry to warrant a wedding invite. While that could absolutely be true with friends, I'd think family would be close with both or neither. I'd expect an announcement any day on the date for the christening, though.
If they invited Lady Gabriella to Harry’s wedding, they would have to invite other children and grandchildren of the Gloucesters and Kent’s too, which was not possible due to limited space in the Quire. So, a decision was probably made to invite none of them. I don’t think it means Lady Gabriella is not close enough to William or Harry.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_enthusiast View Post
The Duke of Cambridge is on a royal tour to Israel at the end of this month so it looks likely that the Christening will take place after the tour in my opinion.
I suspect the christening will be sometime in late July, before the Queen heads to Balmoral.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if both Harry and Pippa end up being godparents this time. I know they haven't made any siblings godparents, but I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to name their siblings. They tend to pick people that have already settled down.
I thought it was said W & K don't choose aunts and uncles as godparents because those are people already close to the children. They wanted to include friends and more distantly related family members-like W&K's cousins.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I thought it was said W & K don't choose aunts and uncles as godparents because those are people already close to the children. They wanted to include friends and more distantly related family members-like W&K's cousins.
I don't know if that's specifically said or if that's just an assumption and speculation by some because they haven't chosen siblings in the past and it just became an unspoken rule that everyone accepted once it's been said so often.

But to the above posters who corrected me on the Duke of Westminster, you were right! He was very young! I just looked at most of them that I recognized and thought they were all quite settled.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

i could see James Matthews and Meghan being 2 of Louis' godparents. a way of welcoming an inlaw from both sides of the family into the fold.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
i could see James Matthews and Meghan being 2 of Louis' godparents. a way of welcoming an inlaw from both sides of the family into the fold.
Not sure. What if the marriages don't work and you end up with an ex as a god parent?
Old 06-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Not sure. What if the marriages don't work and you end up with an ex as a god parent?
Well, I guess they are just going to have to work it out and remain friends.

But seriously though, I still see Pippa and Harry more than James and Meghan.