The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Majesty

What a gorgeous (and big) baby boy Louis is, and lovely photos of him awake, asleep and with big sister Charlotte on her birthday. I think he looks more like George than her, but it's hard to tell with newborns of course.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
He may or may not. Many babies are born with dark hair and it falls out, and comes in light. Or he may take after his Mum. Will have to wait and see.
Or he may take after his Dad and eventually it will disappear completely.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Or he may take after his Dad and eventually it disappear completely.
Give the poor baby a chance, he has a good 30 years before he faces that...let him get a full head of hair before he worry about him losing it. There are a few good hair genes in the Spencers/windsors, there may be some hope.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Give the poor baby a chance, he has a good 30 years before he faces that...let him get a full head of hair before he worry about him losing it. There are a few good hair genes in the Spencers/windsors, there may be some hope.
And Michael Middleton has great hair, so George and Louis have a fighting chance.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Ummm...those good Spencer/Windsor genes didn't do William any good!

If George and Louis don't go bald like their father I think we can thank Michael Middleton and his full head of hair.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Ummm...those good Spencer/Windsor genes didn't do William any good!

If George and Louis don't go bald like their father I think we can thank Michael Middleton and his full head of hair.
Good thing about genetics, its basically a lottery pool at times. You can have six children from the same parents and none may look the same. Harry has a balding spot coming but not nearly as bad as his brother.

But baldness tends to be inherited from the mother's side. So at least Michal Middleton gives some hope for his grandsons.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Majesty

“The Reserve Bank of New Zealand has unveiled (4th May) new silver collector coins which are minted in celebration of the recent birth of the third child of William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.”

Read more: New Zealand: Baby Prince Louis of Cambridge welcomed with new silver coin | Coin Update
Old 05-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Good thing about genetics, its basically a lottery pool at times. You can have six children from the same parents and none may look the same. Harry has a balding spot coming but not nearly as bad as his brother.

But baldness tends to be inherited from the mother's side. So at least Michal Middleton gives some hope for his grandsons.
True. Look at Prince Andrew who has hair versus Charles and Edward. Or Micheal Middleton and his 3 brothers. Michael has hair, the other 3 not so much. It's quite possible that George and Louis will experience different hair destinies as they age.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

With how bad that bald gene hit William I don't hold out much hope for his sons.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
With how bad that bald gene hit William I don't hold out much hope for his sons.
Fortunately for the boys the main factor for baldness is on the X-chromosome, so they have to worry more about the men in their mother's family.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Pictures taken by Duchess Kate of Prince Louis and Prince Louis held by Princess Charlotte on her birthday.

Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte seen at home in new photos - BBC News
Would it not be delightful if Charlotte thought that Louis was her birthday present?
Old 05-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Majesty

A massive congratulations to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of HRH Prince Louis. To celebrate, we're giving everyone with the first name Louis free entry into the park until 19th July 2018! Terms:

Via LegoLand Windsor

Royal Baby Name Free Park Entry

LegoLand Louis Video
Old 05-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Royal Highness

I still think Prince Louis may have dark hair like his mother's (and his Windsor grandpop's). It would be cool if Louis has dark hair and blue eyes, contrasted by Prince George's blond locks and dark brown eyes, and Princess Charlotte's dark blond hair and bluish gray eyes.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I still think Prince Louis may have dark hair like his mother's (and his Windsor grandpop's). It would be cool if Louis has dark hair and blue eyes, contrasted by Prince George's blond locks and dark brown eyes, and Princess Charlotte's dark blond hair and bluish gray eyes.
George’s hair may get darker too as he grows older.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't think Charlotte has dark blonde hair, to me, looks like light brown hair, she never had blonde hair (light or dark) on my opinion. Her eyes are the same as my cousin's dark blue/blue-ish gray eyes, very pretty!!! I'm still intrigued about George's brown eyes, he has a father with blue eyes and a mother with dark blue/blue-ish grey eyes, genes are a very mysterious and fascinating thing (I think the same happened with the Spanish royal family, Felipe has blue eyes and Letizia has green eyes, though Infanta Sofia was born with brown eyes).

Lets see about Louis, hair is very unpredictable at this stage, my friend's baby was born with black hair and then it fell, and it grew gold blonde, so who knows what hair color he will have...but as for the eyes, I think it will be like Charlotte's. It would be great if he had crystal clear blue eyes, each child would have their own set of eyes in this cute little family (not so little anymore )
Old 05-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I don't think Charlotte has dark blonde hair, to me, looks like light brown hair, she never had blonde hair (light or dark) on my opinion. Her eyes are the same as my cousin's dark blue/blue-ish gray eyes, very pretty!!! I'm still intrigued about George's brown eyes, he has a father with blue eyes and a mother with dark blue/blue-ish grey eyes, genes are a very mysterious and fascinating thing (I think the same happened with the Spanish royal family, Felipe has blue eyes and Letizia has green eyes, though Infanta Sofia was born with brown eyes).

Lets see about Louis, hair is very unpredictable at this stage, my friend's baby was born with black hair and then it fell, and it grew gold blonde, so who knows what hair color he will have...but as for the eyes, I think it will be like Charlotte's. It would be great if he had crystal clear blue eyes, each child would have their own set of eyes in this cute little family (not so little anymore )
I think Catherine's eyes are more green and bordering hazel some days. Michael Middleton has Brown/hazel eyes, and could have passed that recessive marker on to Catherine, who in turned passed it on to George where it became the dominant. Hard to say. I keep hoping one day I'll have a brown eyed child. Both of mine look like their father head to toe, and I want my mini me! Lol

Be a good person.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Courtier

I agree, Catherine's eyes are hazel, and brown eyes are a largely dominant trait. Eye color inheritance is far more complex than what you might remember from the Punnett squares most of us studied in biology class.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's eyes don't look hazel to me (hazel to me is more amber green-ish eyes like those of Tyra Banks or Kristin Kreuk) and Catherine's look more like dark blue/Blue-ish grey to me.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...0xeZa_ZNTl.jpg
Old 05-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

No, hazel eyes can be various shades--it is kind of a catch all description. And Kate's eyes do change color depending upon lighting or what she is wearing, but often have lots of green to them.

"For starters, people describe this magnificent eye color in many different ways. Some say it looks like hazelnut, while others call it golden or brownish green. One of the reasons it's so hard to describe hazel-colored eyes is that the hue itself seems to change, depending on what you wear and the type of lighting you are in.

To complicate matters further, although hazel eyes appear to contain hues of green, amber and even blue, these color pigments don't exist in the human eye."

Hazel Eyes: What Determines Hazel Eye Color
Old 05-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Courtier

Greenish...I can see that. They don't look blue to me, not at all. And there is definitely a lot of brown in her eyes, near the pupils.