The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2018, 10:05 AM
Majesty

For anyone who’s been closely following the movements of Prince Charles and whether he’s seen his grandson Prince Louis yet ...
He went in today. The Duchess of Cornwall yesterday. The Queen yesterday.

Via Chris Ship Twitter

Old 05-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Majesty

“Disney has released a number of cute new sketches to mark the birth of Prince Louis.

Kate Middleton gave birth to the new royal, who weighed 8lb 7oz, last week and he's now back home with mum, dad, big brother George and big sister Charlotte.

To mark the occasion Disney's principle artist Kim Raymond has created three sweet new pictures and a video.“

Read more: Disney releases adorable new sketches to celebrate the birth of Prince Louis - and they feature Catherine and William

Old 05-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Majesty

The Disney artwork in the video is excellent. Who better to send from Disney then lovable Winnie the Pooh? Prince Louis is certainly making history!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh this is just too adorable and precious for words. I bet that the Cambridge family keeps this as a treasured heirloom for years to come.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
For anyone who’s been closely following the movements of Prince Charles and whether he’s seen his grandson Prince Louis yet ...
He went in today. The Duchess of Cornwall yesterday. The Queen yesterday.

Via Chris Ship Twitter
You know, I know there's always speculation and rumor about the relationship between Camilla and the Cambridges/Prince Harry, some positive and some not so positive, but I think it speaks volumes that she not only went alone to see the new baby but went before Charles. I really do think that speaks of some warmth and a good relationship there. Not necessarily and very, very close relationship but definitely not animosity. I doubt there would have been much said had Prince Charles gone alone to see the baby and if she were apprehensive about the welcome she'd receive maybe they'd have gone together but for her to feel comfortable enough to drop in on her own I really think we could see that a sign that they're on good terms and comfortable with her place in the children's lives.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
“Disney has released a number of cute new sketches to mark the birth of Prince Louis.[/URL]
Shameless, American and totally cute. Which is also the opposite of Pooh! I still enjoyed it, though I hate the huckster-izing!
Old 05-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
You know, I know there's always speculation and rumor about the relationship between Camilla and the Cambridges/Prince Harry, some positive and some not so positive, but I think it speaks volumes that she not only went alone to see the new baby but went before Charles. I really do think that speaks of some warmth and a good relationship there. Not necessarily and very, very close relationship but definitely not animosity. I doubt there would have been much said had Prince Charles gone alone to see the baby and if she were apprehensive about the welcome she'd receive maybe they'd have gone together but for her to feel comfortable enough to drop in on her own I really think we could see that a sign that they're on good terms and comfortable with her place in the children's lives.
Yes it does seem to contradict the idea that somehow Camilla is not welcomed by William and Kate.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post

That’s a nice thought Heather.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Shameless, American and totally cute. Which is also the opposite of Pooh! I still enjoyed it, though I hate the huckster-izing!
AdmirerUS, Why do you think the Disney drawings were huckster-izing?
Old 05-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Yes it does seem to contradict the idea that somehow Camilla is not welcomed by William and Kate.
What would they do ? Turn her away when she knocks on the door ? That is not how it works, especially in a Royal Family where there are rules of precedence.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes because Camilla would just force herself on them.

People seem to want to cling to the 'Camilla is the evil rotweiller who destroyed their family, and Harry and William shun her for eternity in honor of Diana'. When in fact there have been signs for years that she has a good, or at least descent, relationship with them. They have said as much.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really don't think the family stands on precedence all that much outside of public occasions and more formal dinners.

Its not hard to believe that both William and Harry have come to know, like and appreciate Camilla. Its not by any means dishonoring their mother by accepting into their lives and family their father's second wife.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:38 AM
Nobility

Why choose Eliza Lopes as a bridesmaid if this so called animosity existed.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

William and Harry have got to know Laura and Tom since their mother died, around 1998 they met. Tom is Charles' godson. I was happy to see Eliza was chosen as a flower girl, was a nice touch. And I agree, if William and Kate really had such animosity to Camilla, I doubt she would be chosen. I don't see Charles forcing a bridesmaid on Kate.

https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/D...milla-43760546
Old 05-04-2018, 04:02 AM
Administrator

A reminder that we can discuss the relationship between members of the British Royal Family in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ily-15549.html thread.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Majesty

I’ll have to add this to my collection.

PEOPLE Welcomes New Royal Baby Prince Louis with Special Edition | PEOPLE.com
Old 05-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
Why choose Eliza Lopes as a bridesmaid if this so called animosity existed.
Well, I think choosing Eliza said more about their relationship with Laura. Remember that Camilla and her two children got married in short succession of each other. Yet, Catherine was only invited to Laura's wedding not Tom's or Camilla's. And there is photos of Catherine and Laura socializing pre-royal wedding. I think Eliza's inclusion is more a testament to their fondness for Laura, but it also a nice nod to Charles' other family.

Jacknch, Since Laura isn't a member of the BRF I'm going to leave it in this thread.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Perhaps now we can get back on topic.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Royal Highness

Pictures taken by Duchess Kate of Prince Louis and Prince Louis held by Princess Charlotte on her birthday.

Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte seen at home in new photos - BBC News

Prince Louis looks like he will have dark hair.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Pictures taken by Duchess Kate of Prince Louis and Prince Louis held by Princess Charlotte on her birthday.

Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte seen at home in new photos - BBC News

Prince Louis looks like he will have dark hair.
He may or may not. Many babies are born with dark hair and it falls out, and comes in light. Or he may take after his Mum. Will have to wait and see.