The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A massive congratulations to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of HRH Prince Louis. To celebrate, we're giving everyone with the first name Louis free entry into the park until 19th July 2018! Terms:

Via LegoLand Windsor

Royal Baby Name Free Park Entry

LegoLand Louis Video

Last edited:
I still think Prince Louis may have dark hair like his mother's (and his Windsor grandpop's). It would be cool if Louis has dark hair and blue eyes, contrasted by Prince George's blond locks and dark brown eyes, and Princess Charlotte's dark blond hair and bluish gray eyes.

I still think Prince Louis may have dark hair like his mother's (and his Windsor grandpop's). It would be cool if Louis has dark hair and blue eyes, contrasted by Prince George's blond locks and dark brown eyes, and Princess Charlotte's dark blond hair and bluish gray eyes.

George’s hair may get darker too as he grows older.

I don't think Charlotte has dark blonde hair, to me, looks like light brown hair, she never had blonde hair (light or dark) on my opinion. Her eyes are the same as my cousin's dark blue/blue-ish gray eyes, very pretty!!! I'm still intrigued about George's brown eyes, he has a father with blue eyes and a mother with dark blue/blue-ish grey eyes, genes are a very mysterious and fascinating thing (I think the same happened with the Spanish royal family, Felipe has blue eyes and Letizia has green eyes, though Infanta Sofia was born with brown eyes).

Lets see about Louis, hair is very unpredictable at this stage, my friend's baby was born with black hair and then it fell, and it grew gold blonde, so who knows what hair color he will have...but as for the eyes, I think it will be like Charlotte's. It would be great if he had crystal clear blue eyes, each child would have their own set of eyes in this cute little family (not so little anymore :lol:)

Last edited:
I don't think Charlotte has dark blonde hair, to me, looks like light brown hair, she never had blonde hair (light or dark) on my opinion. Her eyes are the same as my cousin's dark blue/blue-ish gray eyes, very pretty!!! I'm still intrigued about George's brown eyes, he has a father with blue eyes and a mother with dark blue/blue-ish grey eyes, genes are a very mysterious and fascinating thing (I think the same happened with the Spanish royal family, Felipe has blue eyes and Letizia has green eyes, though Infanta Sofia was born with brown eyes).

Lets see about Louis, hair is very unpredictable at this stage, my friend's baby was born with black hair and then it fell, and it grew gold blonde, so who knows what hair color he will have...but as for the eyes, I think it will be like Charlotte's. It would be great if he had crystal clear blue eyes, each child would have their own set of eyes in this cute little family (not so little anymore :lol:)

I think Catherine's eyes are more green and bordering hazel some days. Michael Middleton has Brown/hazel eyes, and could have passed that recessive marker on to Catherine, who in turned passed it on to George where it became the dominant. Hard to say. I keep hoping one day I'll have a brown eyed child. Both of mine look like their father head to toe, and I want my mini me! Lol

I agree, Catherine's eyes are hazel, and brown eyes are a largely dominant trait. Eye color inheritance is far more complex than what you might remember from the Punnett squares most of us studied in biology class.

:previous: No, hazel eyes can be various shades--it is kind of a catch all description. And Kate's eyes do change color depending upon lighting or what she is wearing, but often have lots of green to them.

"For starters, people describe this magnificent eye color in many different ways. Some say it looks like hazelnut, while others call it golden or brownish green. One of the reasons it's so hard to describe hazel-colored eyes is that the hue itself seems to change, depending on what you wear and the type of lighting you are in.

To complicate matters further, although hazel eyes appear to contain hues of green, amber and even blue, these color pigments don't exist in the human eye."

Hazel Eyes: What Determines Hazel Eye Color

Last edited:
Greenish...I can see that. They don't look blue to me, not at all. And there is definitely a lot of brown in her eyes, near the pupils.

:previous: No, hazel eyes can be various shades--it is kind of a catch all description. And Kate's eyes do change color depending upon lighting or what she is wearing, but often have lots of green to them.

"For starters, people describe this magnificent eye color in many different ways. Some say it looks like hazelnut, while others call it golden or brownish green. One of the reasons it's so hard to describe hazel-colored eyes is that the hue itself seems to change, depending on what you wear and the type of lighting you are in.

To complicate matters further, although hazel eyes appear to contain hues of green, amber and even blue, these color pigments don't exist in the human eye."

Hazel Eyes: What Determines Hazel Eye Color
Yes, thank you for sharing, hazel eyes sure are a fascinating thing. Though I see mostly blue-ish grey in Catherine's, I now understand why people say she has hazel eyes;)

Last edited:
I never knew my eye color as they seem to change depending on the clothes I am wearing (and light etc), until someone at the DMV had to fill it out on a form for my driver's license and stated that it was 'hazel'. Most of the time people would say they are blue-gray-ish (as with Catherine; especially when wearing blue) but when I just checked in the mirror they seemed more brown-greenish... So, that's something I have in common with the Duchess.

I also have hazel eyes and they do change color depending on what I'm wearing and even my mood. I love my hazel eyes because they are so unique and versatile. :)

Has the Christening date been announced as yet for Prince Louis?
I predict one Godmother being Lady Gabriella Windsor.

^^ Why Lady Gabriella Windsor especially?

No date yet but it's been said (by various watchers) later this month. No idea if that's true or not.

LaRae

I wouldn't be surprised if both Harry and Pippa end up being godparents this time. I know they haven't made any siblings godparents, but I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to name their siblings. They tend to pick people that have already settled down.

Yes, though Hugh Grosvenor hadnt settled down, had he, though he had a steady girlfriend I suppose.

Indeed, the duke of Westminster was only 22 when he was chosen as a godfather to prince George and still not married - I'm also not sure that Sophie Carter is married (if that is what 'settled down' implies), so I'm not so sure about the 'settled down'-requirement. Nonetheless, they might finally ask their siblings but I don't expect them to.

Found a list of Catherine's friend (source doesn't seem that reliable but who knows), so most likely one of them ends up as one of Louis' godparents (Emilia Jardine-Paterson and Sophie Carter already did for George and Charlotte).

Other friends:
- Trini Foyle (Marlborough College - still seen together in Kensington Garden and with Middleton family)
- Alice Avenel (Marlborough College - W&C attended her wedding; friends with William as well; was at university with Pippa)
(other names are either wives of those already godparents or (former) staff - the last category could very well be chosen; as was done with George)

Last edited:
Has the Christening date been announced as yet for Prince Louis?
I predict one Godmother being Lady Gabriella Windsor.

I would have thought that was a possibility, too, until Lady Gabriella wasn't invited to Harry's wedding. I just find it hard to believe that she could be close enough to William to be godmother to his son but not close enough to Harry to warrant a wedding invite. While that could absolutely be true with friends, I'd think family would be close with both or neither. I'd expect an announcement any day on the date for the christening, though.

The Duke of Cambridge is on a royal tour to Israel at the end of this month so it looks likely that the Christening will take place after the tour in my opinion.

I would have thought that was a possibility, too, until Lady Gabriella wasn't invited to Harry's wedding. I just find it hard to believe that she could be close enough to William to be godmother to his son but not close enough to Harry to warrant a wedding invite. While that could absolutely be true with friends, I'd think family would be close with both or neither. I'd expect an announcement any day on the date for the christening, though.

If they invited Lady Gabriella to Harry’s wedding, they would have to invite other children and grandchildren of the Gloucesters and Kent’s too, which was not possible due to limited space in the Quire. So, a decision was probably made to invite none of them. I don’t think it means Lady Gabriella is not close enough to William or Harry.

The Duke of Cambridge is on a royal tour to Israel at the end of this month so it looks likely that the Christening will take place after the tour in my opinion.
I suspect the christening will be sometime in late July, before the Queen heads to Balmoral.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Harry and Pippa end up being godparents this time. I know they haven't made any siblings godparents, but I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to name their siblings. They tend to pick people that have already settled down.

I thought it was said W & K don't choose aunts and uncles as godparents because those are people already close to the children. They wanted to include friends and more distantly related family members-like W&K's cousins.

I thought it was said W & K don't choose aunts and uncles as godparents because those are people already close to the children. They wanted to include friends and more distantly related family members-like W&K's cousins.

I don't know if that's specifically said or if that's just an assumption and speculation by some because they haven't chosen siblings in the past and it just became an unspoken rule that everyone accepted once it's been said so often.

But to the above posters who corrected me on the Duke of Westminster, you were right! He was very young! I just looked at most of them that I recognized and thought they were all quite settled. :lol:

i could see James Matthews and Meghan being 2 of Louis' godparents. a way of welcoming an inlaw from both sides of the family into the fold.

i could see James Matthews and Meghan being 2 of Louis' godparents. a way of welcoming an inlaw from both sides of the family into the fold.
Not sure. What if the marriages don't work and you end up with an ex as a god parent?

Not sure. What if the marriages don't work and you end up with an ex as a god parent?

Well, I guess they are just going to have to work it out and remain friends. :lol:

But seriously though, I still see Pippa and Harry more than James and Meghan.

Back
Top Bottom