The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2018, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I was on the Tube when I heard the news of the Birth, and when [in my excitement] I announced it to my fellow passengers, a disagreeable fellow piped up "ANOTHER bloody mouth to feed"...
There is miserablist element of the public who won't see the need for Royal 'workers'. and who ARE vocal in their view that 'rich people' having MORE children 'at our expense' isn't a good thing.
The 'Firm' needs to bear that in mind..

Old 04-25-2018, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their third child...

We're delighted to welcome you as #PartOfThePride

#RoyalBaby #AVFC

Via Aston Villa FC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbftd_bW0AIo8fj.jpg

The new prince has his very own football jersey.

Old 04-25-2018, 02:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I was on the Tube when I heard the news of the Birth, and when [in my excitement] I announced it to my fellow passengers, a disagreeable fellow piped up "ANOTHER bloody mouth to feed"...
There is miserablist element of the public who won't see the need for Royal 'workers'. and who ARE vocal in their view that 'rich people' having MORE children 'at our expense' isn't a good thing.
I'm not British, so obviously I have no say and I'm not one hundred percent clear on how finances work with the Royals. but they have their own money as well, do they not? How much does that factor? If the monarchy were abolished tomorrow, they could certainly still afford to raise a family of 3 or 4 children very comfortably.

Be a good person.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Could they be waiting for Charles to visit his new grandson before announcing the name? I'm surprised the Queen doesn't seem to have visited yet.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another cute illustration:
https://instagram.com/p/Bh67fspllZH/
Old 04-25-2018, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I disagree. It's up to William and Catherine to choose if they want another child or not, not the public or media. And really, there will always be people to complain, not only for the number of their children but also for other factors, such as their lifestyle, the price of clothes, their vacation destinations, among many others. Even if they had only George there would be complains. You can't please everyone in this world. So William and Catherine are free and I hope they don't restrain their family ideal just because of what others might think.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:00 PM
Courtier

Of course William and Kate are entitled to decide how many children they have. All the same, I feel they should take into account the sort of live these spares to the spares will likely lead 20+ years from now. They will spend their entire lives trying to justify their positions and roles in face of a media that's not likely to get kinder to them. Like it or not, I'd say the the big majority of people don't see being a working royal as real work at all and certainly wouldn't agree that we need 8 or 10 of them at any one time.

The experiences of Anne, Andrew and Edward should sound as a warning to the Cambridges as well as Harry and Meghan. Decades of almost constant criticism (some deserved much of it not), of being constrained in how they live their lives, marriages suffering under the burden of a critical press, the list goes on. Their children have suffered to a certain extent also in this.

Much as a large family is obviously a blessing, the Cambridges are not just a family. They are the keepers of an ancient institution who need to look ahead past the point where their children are just adorable little princes and princesses.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering William is oh so very concerned with overpopulation, he better not have a fourth. Nobody likes a hypocrite.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:09 PM
Majesty

I think anyone who complains about another mouth to feed would do so regardless of the number of children.

If William’s children aren’t going to be working royals then who’s left?

The current working royals aren’t exactly youngsters. Somebody will have to do the ‘menial’ stuff while George is off being the heir.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm in the camp of 'they will have one more baby'...I expect another announcement when she's around 38.

LaRae
If a fourth child is to be born, the announcement could be made when Catherine is 37.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I never saw complains about Mathilde and Phillippe 4 children, or Mary and Frederik 4 children, or Joachim 4 children, or Rania and Abdullah 4 children, or even in the Liechenstein royal family who have lotssss of children. Poor William and Catherine, just because they are in a very famous institution world-wide, they have restraints from every angle of their life. Even if they are royal, they are human beings and family first and foremost.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I never saw complains about Mathilde and Phillippe 4 children, or Mary and Frederik 4 children, or Joachim 4 children, or Rania and Abdullah 4 children, or even in the Liechenstein royal family who have lotssss of children.
Let alone about Sheikhs from Gulf States who have 20+ children with many wives
Old 04-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I never saw complains about Mathilde and Phillippe 4 children, or Mary and Frederik 4 children, or Joachim 4 children, or Rania and Abdullah 4 children, or even in the Liechenstein royal family who have lotssss of children. Poor William and Catherine, just because they are in a very famous institution world-wide, they have restraints from every angle of their life. Even if they are royal, they are human beings and family first and foremost.
I agree. Who knows what the world, no less than the world of (British) royalty, is going to look like in 20 years. What is clear is that life goes on and family is important.

Just looking at Kate deeply absorbed with her newborn and one knows these little baby-beings call to us to bring them into being, and once present in the world, one cannot imagine life without them.

If there is one more to come and the Cambridges are lucky enough to have a raucous house full of lively children growing up, it is a blessing they should not deny themselves. JMO.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Gentry

The Birth of HRH Prince xxx of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

Quote:

I agree. People are really horrible, not only saying in the comments such as why we aren't praising Alfie Evans’ precious life what is more important than royal baby (I had to Google) ... but also why such hype... why to have a 3rd child when the world is overpopulated... who should pay for Cambridge children’s lifestyle (I look to you DailyMail)...

This is almost bullying, I can’t believe such negativism, and criticism even exists.

I think Kate and William are going to have fourth child in a few years, why not, they are in love in a happy, stable marriage, together for 15 years, which shows commitment, children are precious gift... yes I know Kate has difficult pregnancies but after the birth you forget all pain, and all it matters is a healthy baby and happy mum.

They also had said they would like to have a big family. Why not, having four like Elizabeth and Philip?

George R. R. Martin: "A Dance With Dragons"
Old 04-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Could they be waiting for Charles to visit his new grandson before announcing the name? I'm surprised the Queen doesn't seem to have visited yet.

I think they have held off announcing the name on Anzac Day to avoid relegating the coverage of the memorial services off the front page.

Charles went to France, William, Harry & Meghan were at WA - there were other tributes around the Commonwealth. It just seems that announcing the name would have buried all of the commemoration.

This announcement is something they can control and of which they are very respectful. I expect a Thursday announcement.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Whether Will and Kate will have another baby that's their business and not anyone else's. Some people are just out of their minds thinking they have a say in that...Everybody has the right to decide whether they want children or not and how many. With that said let's just move on from that subject because that is incredibly sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Another cute illustration:
https://instagram.com/p/Bh67fspllZH/
I love this drawing! The artist is wonderfully talented!
Old 04-25-2018, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Yes, I think it is their last. She had such difficult pregnancies that i wonder how she agreed to give birth to the third))
Except really she's only had a difficult couple of months near the beginnings and seems to have easy childbirths.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:58 PM
Moderator Emeritus

The Birth of HRH Prince xxx of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

Let’s move on. The thread is about the birth of the new Prince, not a debate about if/when/should the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will have a fourth child.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I think we will have the name tomorrow, if not then Friday. I doubt for a weekend annoucement.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think tomorrow or Friday too. They have to get all their little rubber duckies in a row first and lined up properly before they quack out the new prince's name to us.