The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't there an astrology thread for those that believe in that sort of thing for people to discuss this stuff? I seem to recall the mods moving a lot of posts about Leo/Cancer there before he was born.

That thread seems to be about how your star sign affects your mood etc. It started as a discussion of posters simply stating what they were. Simply discussing what the child is can't really be that much of a problem can it?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f187/astrology-corner-8636-10.html#post1577835

Without beating the astrological dead horse over again, it's the time factor that's all important and that determines the sign when it changes on a particular day. I'm sure my comments about this must be in that thread as well.

Last edited:
I was just asking since there really isnt anything else to talk about and we are all waiting for a first baby outing or something. Im sure there is a thread for everything under the sun. I just thought I would make conversation. Sorry.

By the by, does anyone know if he ended up being a leo or is he a cancer? Im not too familiar with the cut off times on a horoscope. Just wondering, since there is nothing else to talk about.

He's born at the anaretic degree of Cancer (the 29th). This means that he's a full force Cancer, as at this degree, before leaving the sign, the sun empowers tenfold the traits of Cancer. A more experienced traditional astrologer would be able to read a lot into this anaretic degree.

More on anaretic degree, and what that means, (for those of us who are inexperienced astrologers) at
Critical Degrees and the 29th Degree (Anaretic) in Astrology (he will make overly hasty decisions)
or: Critical Degrees and the 29th Degree (Anaretic) in Astrology (he's going to be a millionaire!)
or: Anaretic Degree (certain planets or times, he will feel edgy)
or: The 29th degree - Astrology Now - tribe.net (which I cannot even begin to praphrase, so, "I read that the 29th degree,the anaretic degree which is sometimes called the karmic degree signifies signifies an urgent need to correctly utilize the energy of that planet. The lessons it indicates cannot be ignored if the individual wants to grow and transcend or achieve reincarnation and spiritual reinvention of the physical form.")

Oh good lord Im going to hang myself. Speaking of breast feeding for poor Michael's sake she should probably do it in her own private room.

Oh then they will go on about the nanny situation when we find out that they are using a nanny. I have to say this is one of the most entertaining forums I visit.

So do we know anything about the Christianing yet?

Oh then they will go on about the nanny situation when we find out that they are using a nanny. I have to say this is one of the most entertaining forums I visit.

So do we know anything about the Christianing yet?

All we really know is that she had a baby boy and that she and William and George are currently staying with her parents in Berkshire.

I live in the US and the only photos I've seen are the ones on the hospital steps. No hoods, no balconies.
We do know one more thing about Prince George - William remarked @ Polo that he wriggled around a lot :) which brings back memories of trying to change a squirming energetic baby's diaper.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 4h
Prince William returns to work this week after his two-week RAF paternity leave ends today.

Well William returning to work doesn't belong in the thread about his son.

Has her body even had time to recover from George yet?

41aac1ca813d11caea187c6071da081e.jpg

Where is this magazine from? Im really not surprised, of course the magazines are going to come up with the next big story since there isnt anything else for them to write about. I dont think they would be planning baby number two quite yet. :)

Where is this magazine from? Im really not surprised, of course the magazines are going to come up with the next big story since there isnt anything else for them to write about. I dont think they would be planning baby number two quite yet. :)

It was on pinterest - I think it's from the UK.

ff3aacda3d25f2523421c259b3789995.jpg

Last edited:

They might not be planning baby #2 but I do imagine they're ticking off the days until the next 4 weeks pass as I believe that doctors advise a woman to take 6 weeks after delivering to recover. On top of that, breast feeding is also its own form of birth control.

I'm sure they're going to want to just enjoy the family they have before thinking of adding on another one. I don't think they'll wait overly long as most likely they want their children close enough in age to be companions to each other as Wills and Harry are.

If they do have a second I would hope no one (media mostly) call the child the spare. That is just sounds so mean when they (media and people in here) call Harry the spare. I highly doubt that Charles or Diana ever thought oh wait we should have a spare child just in case......

If they do have a second I would hope no one (media mostly) call the child the spare. That is just sounds so mean when they (media and people in here) call Harry the spare. I highly doubt that Charles or Diana ever thought oh wait we should have a spare child just in case......
Of course it's mean to call that in front of a person's face, but technically the second child of a Monarch/future Monarch is a spare (when the primogeniture law applies).:whistling:
I know it's mean, but it's actually the truth:ermm:

I'm sure Charles and Diana didn't think that way, but many require that a Monarch or Heir needs to have a second child just in case something happens to the eldest.

Last edited:
All the talk of a need for a spare confuses me. There is a very long line of succession so there will always be someone to succeed.

T Why is it that the British would rather tear down and make fun of than build a person? !

Ah but the tadpoles on this side of the pond do it too. At the moment, I would note the press coverage or Twitter and Facebook comments on the Kardashians, Tony Weiner (AKA Anthony Weiner, candidate for NY mayor - and I just like how Tony Weiner sounds), Lindsey Lohan, President Obama, Congress in general, etc, etc, etc. :cool:

I agree, CSW. To me, talking about "spares" is callous. Every single person who is in the top part of that line of succession knows they could be called upon to serve as regent under really tragic and/or bizarre circumstances.

I do suppose that being one more step away from the succession is quite a relief to many, but not all, of them.

...I know it's mean, but it's actually the truth.
It's not "the truth." There were extra people before the birth and extra people after the birth of a second child.

If William and Kate have but one child, Harry is still "the spare" I suppose - but it strikes me as goofy to keep using the terms that way. If William and Kate have 10 children, to say they have "9 spares" is equally silly.

And somewhat rude. I think it's said to draw attention to the "lackland" aspect of the younger heirs, but in this modern era, it's very likely that the younger siblings of a King do feel a bit "off to the side." To emphasize it constantly in a public place is not the height of sensitivity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think those in the line of succession after George are thankful they don't have to put up with all the hassle and can get on with their lives. I really dont think that Harry feels he is
less of a person because of George. I think his sigh of relief would have been huge.

They might not be planning baby #2 but I do imagine they're ticking off the days until the next 4 weeks pass as I believe that doctors advise a woman to take 6 weeks after delivering to recover. On top of that, breast feeding is also its own form of birth control.

LOL, I bet they are counting the days. I know I would've be doing it.

This , tiny adorable baby will be.... we do not know. He will be a king or..... I think his parents are just happy to have this lovely person in their lives. Good luck to them all.

I think right now everyone in the family is focused on enjoying the baby as they should be.

Cute little baby.
Cut the other nonsense.

I think we're digressing into other inanities because of the lack of news and photos of the baby. Until we see them heading to Balmoral or see pictures of the christening to coo over, we'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for some tidbits.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom