The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
11 hours' labour and all natural! How serene Kate sailed through a textbook delivery as she goes through the perfect birth she was hoping for
Duchess of Cambridge gave birth without recourse to powerful painkillers
Her calm demeanour is said to have moved the seven-strong medical team

Wow! I heard that to pass the time she was knitting preemie baby hats while voluntarily counseling troubled hospital staff about their life issues. :lol::lol::lol:

Do DM writers use nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to write in this style? Or do they have their nails pulled out as they write the acidic diatribes? Or both? ;):lol:;)

Headline: DM Writers Forced to Eat Rancid Meat as they Generate Headlines.

I am glad they will travel to Balmoral to introduce George to Prince Philip. Also liked the comment that the Wessex's will visit Buckleberry next week, though not sure how true that is.

I think all the coverage over this birth was expected and I'm glad I was here to actually witnessed it all. I think it was beautiful to see Prince George welcomed into this world with love, salutes and I think it was fitting for a future King.

I completely agree! It's been a great royal year for me sitting in front of the tv for literally hours on end scoffing chocs watching abdications, inaugurations, weddings and now a birth - plus a royal leaving of the hospital and a royal name announcment!

Yeah, and it was also some uplifting news for once. Everytime you turn on the news, there's nothing but tragedy, war, political crap and all kinds of nonsense. I would rather watch a young and beautiful couple like William & Catherine bring a bundle of joy into this world than all that other stuff.

Video:
The memories Arthur will treasure from two royal births:
THE Sun's Royal photographer shares his experiences of taking pictures after the births of both Prince William and Prince George-
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...hs.html#ooid=xrdnVrZDqUDxrFgS_T5qbpDcADcU1adu

Last edited:
Yeah, and it was also some uplifting news for once. Everytime you turn on the news, there's nothing but tragedy, war, political crap and all kinds of nonsense. I would rather watch a young and beautiful couple like William & Catherine bring a bundle of joy into this world than all that stuff.

Yes, it was nice to see some good news being covered for once (and I noticed that there were a few seasoned news anchors and reporters who said the same thing - they were glad to have a chance to report on some "breaking news" that wasn't a tragedy).

Not that some of the coverage doesn't get a bit over-the-top, but that always seems to be the way of things.

The media coverage of future births will depend on what is happening elsewhere.

UK Royal reporters will turn up
Coincides with US Presidential election - few overseas and no US coverage

Summer time, slow news week, the world will turn up. ;)

Lol baby George looked so angry as he was being shown off to the media. It was like he was thinking "why is it so loud! Who r all these people! Put me back in the warm mushy dark place"

Last edited:
I must add that I find it both hilarious and kinda sad also that some are so disappointed by the birth of prince George and him not being a princess when Europe( is full of cute princesses to fawn over;)

This week edition of Hola is really wonderful, so many beautiful pics of William, Catherine and George, plus aditional pictures of young William and young Catherine and important births, such as QEII, Charles and William. Nice coverage.
It also covers Belgium abdication and enthronement, beautiful pictures and great article.

Hola is always a nice magazine for Royalty lovers like me, I collect Hola with important royalty events such as weddings, WA investiture, birth of Infanta Leonor and now Prince George.

The media coverage of future births will depend on what is happening elsewhere.

UK Royal reporters will turn up
Coincides with US Presidential election - few overseas and no US coverage

Summer time, slow news week, the world will turn up. ;)

Oh, it'll always get US coverage, it's just a matter of how much. For example, on the eve of the royal wedding, we had some really terrible tornadoes in the US, and some of the major US news anchors who had flown over to London for the wedding had to turn around and fly back to cover the tornadoes. But of course, we still got plenty of wedding coverage.

There was other news this week (continued political crises in Egypt and elsewhere; a re-emergence of a political sex scandal; another plane crash-landing at a major airport; the horrific train accident in Spain), but the royal baby was the main priority, at least for a solid couple of days. I certainly didn't mind it - I'm a news junkie anyway, and this happened to really coincide with my particular interests - but it's always interesting to see which stories get prioritized.

I must add that I find it both hilarious and kinda sad also that some are so disappointed by the birth of prince George and him not being a princess when Europe( is full of cute princesses to fawn over;)
A girl would've added to all the future Queens that will reign after their parents have gotten their chance.

But a boy is fine too, as long as the baby is healthy, right? I heard about the birth when I was in Spain and we saw a tiny picture of him. I do wonder whom he's going to take after.

I'm glad it's a boy and not a girl. Christian is surrounded by too many Queens as it is. Plus there is no more name the baby Diana talk.

A lot of people don't even know that there are other royal families and so don't know that there are other princesses out there.

Guys please don't take this the wrong way I am just observing not criticizing. I do no have children and make a habit of not holding newborns. Did Kate look a little apprehensive holding George? She looked more stiff than William. JW if anyone else noticed.

I think she was rather emotional and tired. Can't be easy to give birth and face the worlds media the next day. I think Catherine handled everything the best as she could.

Guys please don't take this the wrong way I am just observing not criticizing. I do no have children and make a habit of not holding newborns. Did Kate look a little apprehensive holding George? She looked more stiff than William. JW if anyone else noticed.
I thought she looked very emotional and wasn't as "up" as William, but I didn't think she was uncomfortable with the baby. I think she was uncomfortable with the media. She had given birth the day before. Her hormones are going crazy and giving birth is an incredibly emotional experience.

She wasnt uncomfortable, she was tired! for goodness sake, she had
just given birth to a child weighing in over 8 lbs.

Have to say I am getting very fed up with women criticising royal women forwhat seems just for thesake of it. On one thread, TRf are supporting a "beauty contest" to find put who is the prettiest girl.

how sad is that?

I made it very clear I was not criticizing her! Did you even bother to read my post? Again I will state I do not hold newborns and don't know how to do it. I am grateful to those who replied to my post who actually read what I said and gave their observations. Thank U Dman and US Royal Watcher.
Perhaps she was just tired though if she was she hid it quite well.

She wasnt uncomfortable, she was tired! for goodness sake, she had
just given birth to a child weighing in over 8 lbs.

Have to say I am getting very fed up with women criticising royal women forwhat seems just for thesake of it. On one thread, TRf are supporting a "beauty contest" to find put who is the prettiest girl.

how sad is that?

How do you know this?

I was uncomfortable with my first newborn for a long time. And tired. With the second I was just tired.

I think all Kate wanted to do was cuddle up with the baby in privacy and in her bed wearing a pair of loose pajamas. The last thing I'd want to do feeling tired, emotional, hormonal and hurting is to smilingly face the world's press with a newborn that you want to protect rather than exhibit to the world. If that's not feeling physically and emotionally uncomfortable, I don't know what is.

BTW, Xenia, I like your avatar.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think she was tired but her happiness came shinning through. Her and William make beautiful parents.

How do you know this?

I was uncomfortable with my first newborn for a long time. And tired. With the second I was just tired.

I thought she looked very confident walking out and going down the steps (in heels, one day after giving birth to an 8+ pound baby!!!!), but she looked uncomfortable giving the baby to William. Perhaps she's uncomfortable handing the child to someone while she is standing up, but I think it is more likely she was thrown by the circus atmosphere outside.

Thank you Baroness, how sore is Kate a little less than 24hrs after. I need a Tylenol sore or I need a morphine drip sore? Kate has always come off as more comfortable with the media and having her picture taken then William. Even after the France incident she kept her cool and professionalism. Now that she has a new born she perhaps didn't want to parade him in front of the world and wanted to just hold and look at him rather than put on a show.

I see what you mean with Catherine. I think she looked uncomfortable, tired, and not entirely all with it - although I would suspect that that would have more to do with the general post-birthness and the media presence. I am certain that I would feel pretty uncomfortable if I was in her shoes.

To me, she actually looked more natural while holding George than when she wasn't holding him, while William looked a bit uncomfortable holding him, particularly when he was in more of a transition mode. Like, William looked uncomfortable when Catherine was holding him, when they did the switch, then again when there were pauses between him talking to the media and looking at George. If he felt like he was doing something, even if that something was just looking at his son, he seemed fine, but if he wasn't then he seemed just uncomfortable.

I will say though that they both handled it really well, and while he looked uncomfortable at times it seemed like this was the most natural William has been while in media presence for a long time (except for maybe when he was playing polo). Catherine didn't have that ease at all, but then she was dealing with a lot more.

In my opinion, neither W or C looked stiff with the baby. Both looked careful which is a state of being for all but the most casual, uncaring or careless of new parents.

Thank you Baroness, how sore is Kate a little less than 24hrs after. I need a Tylenol sore or I need a morphine drip sore? Kate has always come off as more comfortable with the media and having her picture taken then William. Even after the France incident she kept her cool and professionalism. Now that she has a new born she perhaps didn't want to parade him in front of the world and wanted to just hold and look at him rather than put on a show.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more a case of Catherine wasn't in control of herself yet, and Catherine likes to be in control of a situation. Normally she always knows what to do and is presenting her best self, but I really doubt any woman feels like they're presenting their best self to the world just 24 hours after delivery.

As for how sore she would feel... Part of it might depend on how intense the birth was and how much tearing occurred. Based on the wonderful details a friend of mine has given me about her first labour, I would guess a fair bit above "I need a Tylenol" sore. There's also all the hormones to take into consideration.

I didn't use drugs but I was pretty sore and walking carefully. I just felt sore and achy all over.

Back
Top Bottom