The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems a complex set of rules but I am sure the young members of the Royal establishment don't care much. Is there a link or thread that explains all this? Cheers

How do you know she didn't have a pink dress there as well as the blue?

I don't - for all I know she brought a whole wardrobe with her and thought she was having quadruplets. I just think they probably knew the sex and didn't want to tell the media. I think so much was politically tied to this baby they had to find out what it was. But then again I thought it was a girl and that's why they changed the whole "first boy boy becomes king" thing so quickly.

Some of us love and honor our dead, and think of them as the furthest thing from creepy.

There are some interesting studies about women who tend to have boys, and women who tend to have girls (and women who really tend to hit the 50/50 mark). There may be physical reasons why some people have two or more boys in a row. We'll have to wait and see, next time, what happens. (Kate's mom would be the best predictor: we should be guessing 50/50 each birth).

And then there are doctors who say it all depends on the timing of the intercourse:

Google Übersetzer

In German:
Zeugungszeitpunkt : Ob Mädchen oder Junge lässt sich doch beeinflussen - Nachrichten Wissenschaft - DIE WELT

Boy or girl ... how to increase the probability by 25 %. ;)

Last edited:
I don't - for all I know she brought a whole wardrobe with her and thought she was having quadruplets. I just think they probably knew the sex and didn't want to tell the media. I think so much was politically tied to this baby they had to find out what it was. But then again I thought it was a girl and that's why they changed the whole "first boy boy becomes king" thing so quickly.

The announcement that the change was going to take place happened in October 2011 - over a year before they announced they were expecting.

The law hasn't changed yet anyway - as there are 16 realms that have to change their own laws and most haven't done so so it hasn't changed in the UK.

And then there are doctors who say it all depends on the timing of the intercourse:

Google Übersetzer

In German:
Zeugungszeitpunkt : Ob Mädchen oder Junge lässt sich doch beeinflussen - Nachrichten Wissenschaft - DIE WELT

Boy or girl ... how to increase the probability by 25 %. ;)

I don't think any doctor who is familiar with the current literature would say it is all dependent on timing of intercourse. Other variables include the father's genetics (and sperm production/survival rates per sex chromosome), and the woman's eating habits and hormones also seem to play a role (it was hormones I was speaking of earlier):

Testosterone

Certainly, since X-bearing sperm swim faster, the timing nearer to the release of the egg becomes key (but that's just one variable).

Also fairly long term data on vaginal Ph:

pH Balance » The Gender Selection Source

Seriously doubt William and Kate used any of these techniques, but who knows. There are more than that, actually.

11 hours' labour and all natural! How serene Kate sailed through a textbook delivery as she goes through the perfect birth she was hoping for
Duchess of Cambridge gave birth without recourse to powerful painkillers
Her calm demeanour is said to have moved the seven-strong medical team

Read more: 11 hours' labour and all natural! How serene Kate sailed through a textbook delivery as she goes through the perfect birth she was hoping for | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

11 hours' labour and all natural! How serene Kate sailed through a textbook delivery as she goes through the perfect birth she was hoping for
Duchess of Cambridge gave birth without recourse to powerful painkillers
Her calm demeanour is said to have moved the seven-strong medical team

Read more: 11 hours' labour and all natural! How serene Kate sailed through a textbook delivery as she goes through the perfect birth she was hoping for | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If it carries on like this, the backlash will be ferocious.

I wish they would leave well alone, but its the DM and they won't.

Men sperm can be centrifuged to harvest the lighter xy cells to maximize boys conception. Quite easy in most clinics. As for the hard labor, they said the baby was slightly overweight, so, normal to take a bit longer to allow the large baby through the tight vaginal passage. Best wishes to mum and baby.

Enough already! Next the DM will be reporting at how angels sang at the birth.....

Oh for heavens sake.

I couldn't care less if she had a natural birth or demanded every painkiller in the cabinet - it is no-one's business but Kate's.

Giving birth is not a competition as to who can do it 'better'. All that matters is that mum and baby both made it safely through the process.

I don't know why some people choose to conveniently forgot that in both Charles and William birth announcement, only the time and the doctors signatures were writing out, everything else was typed

I said the same thing earlier today miche. Some just don't want to concede the point. This is the way Royal Birth Announcements in the UK are done, either deal w/it or let it go but for this to still be bickered over...Good Grief and Give it a rest already!!

12 hours is the average first labor. up to 8 lbs 8 oz is within normal variation too.

silly rabbit! Kate is the new Diana, of course! whatever she does, says or wears no matter how mundane is to be praised and revered as the epitome of all that is good and true in world:whistling:

One thing I haven't seen or heard...I clearly remember seeing a Paddington Bear being taken into the Lindo Wing for William and Harry both and IIRC, it was a gift from the Nurses of The Lindo Wing and it was a gift all babies born at the Unit were given. So...Did little Prince George get one? I hope so, as I think it's a sweet way of marking the fact the little one was born in Paddington.

And before I forget *again*...Someone posted they were watching Doctor Who DVD's while waiting for news Monday and that it didn't get more British than that. Well, I'll see your Doctor Who and raise you w/the four movies on one DVD of Basil Rathbone as the great Sherlock Holmes. How's that for Britishness!?! :D

Or maybe we'll just call it a draw. :)

To be honest, I hope future Royal babies are born in a completely private setting, and that all these frightfully intimate details mentioned further above will not be speculated upon. Otherwise we really will not have progressed beyond the days of the Warming Pan allegations and the consequent audience, much, will we!

The Cambridges next one should not have all the brouhaha, though if it is a girl the media will be frenzied after words. this is the last important birth for the foreseeable future for the Windsors. for that matter other than Victoria&the Luxembourg couple I can't see another baby for any of the major royals for several years.

They used to be born in private and then first Anne and then Diana etc insisted on going to hospitals and making it a public spectacle.

Ah, so there is a George in the Middleton family (and a pretty impressive George, too). See the Daily Mail genealogy beneath the silly story about nicknames, above. It checks out.

I am glad they are using and improving existing hospitals (although they could have done an Angelina Jolie and gone and been the only Westerners giving birth at a newly-built-just-for-them clinic which they will then donate to the poor country after the birth...thing).

It's very difficult to provide MRI's and other top notch services in a private setting. Kate is entitled to first rate medical care.

A "wetting"? I've never heard of that.

Wetting is usually where male members of the family go down the pub after the birth of a baby and drink to "wet" the babies head. I suppose it derives from the christening aspect when water is poured over the babies head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really confused about where articles should be going? We're getting like 4 links to the same article every 3 or 4 pages, and then they appear in other threads as well. MODS help?

I think going to hospital was a great move things can go wrong no matter how well prepared a Palace can be. Being at a hospital offers better safety and ease of mind to a new mother. Anne, Diana, Sarah, Sophie (who thank goodness gave birth in a hospital) had the right idea. We will get them again with Kate's next birth although not as much fuss. I do think the DM article was over the top. LOL Seriously no other couple has delivered a baby calmly?

With all this insanity, I would OP for having the baby in a private setting. There is no reason to make a barely day old new born have to endure the screams and shouts of randoms. Just have everyone show up to a palace deliver the baby and a week later give a brief display of said newborn, then the christening and then we don't see him again until he's 5 and going to school.

The Cambridges next one should not have all the brouhaha, though if it is a girl the media will be frenzied after words. this is the last important birth for the foreseeable future for the Windsors. for that matter other than Victoria&the Luxembourg couple I can't see another baby for any of the major royals for several years.

I think the media will continue to focus attention on William and Harry's future children. Harry's birth was a major story even though he was the second child. Both William and Harry are major international celebrities and they will draw headlines no matter what they do.

The stories about the baby will start dying down until the Christening. George and any brothers and/or sisters will face the same media scrutiny as his father did, unfortunately.

I think the media will continue to focus attention on William and Harry's future children. Harry's birth was a major story even though he was the second child. Both William and Harry are major international celebrities and they will draw headlines no matter what they do.

The stories about the baby will start dying down until the Christening. George and any brothers and/or sisters will face the same media scrutiny as his father did, unfortunately.

The journalists and photographers camped outside the hospital will take a much needed shower and vacation. The TV will switch to other topics like climate change! The cycle continues...

I think all the coverage over this birth was expected and I'm glad I was here to actually witnessed it all. I think it was beautiful to see Prince George welcomed into this world with love, salutes and I think it was fitting for a future King.

Back
Top Bottom