The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
I know everyone is waiting for the Prince's name to be released and many members of the media are sticking around to report on it but I do think the media should back off now.

I haven't seen the entrance to Kensington Palace in years. Diana used to be pictured driving or being driven from that entrance a lot, so I hope the media don't get into the habit of staking out there. Maybe for only official occasions but that should be it, IMO.

I agree. The problem isn't just the media anymore, there are so many people with cell phone cameras. The media wouldn't do it if people didn't buy papers or click on the links. I hate to think of them stuck inside the house with the curtains closed.

About pictures:

Tweet
@RoyalReporter 4h
@spark_annie The palace plans a small, pooled photocall in about two weeks' time so we should see more of the little prince then.

^I'm glad we're getting a photocall in a few weeks.

Don't know if this has been posted: The Royal baby arrives, the 360 image as Kate, William and the Royal baby leave the hospital - Lewis Whyld

A 360 degree panoramic picture of K&W going to face the press. (Use your mouse to turn the picture).

Wow!

Here's some photos of the Queen and the Cambridges leaving Kensington.

Royal baby: Kate Middleton, Prince William and son leave Kensington Palace for Bucklebury | Mail Online

Last edited:
Last edited:
Now when everything is all right, sometimes it is interesting to look back at the previous stages of Kate's pregnancy, at all these videos, speculations and other stuff, it has been longest of the threads .

We don't do (here at least) vaccines that soon after birth. Some wait even longer than the traditional schedule as well.
My son received his post-birth vaccinations in the hospital, then at his first pediatrician appointment, he got one more, so MMV on vaccines in the US.
I can't imagine Kate is keen to drive too far this soon after giving birth.
I think she's probably better off than people are assuming here. For some women, rest is all they want or need post-partum, but for many, after the initial discomfort, they're fine to move around. If you can get off of your feet, it's better for your long-term recovery, too. And cabin fever can set in quickly.

I didn't have a regular housekeeper or servants or anything, but I did have people who were around if I needed to take a shower or heat up a casserole dish, and one of my friends got me a 4 week cleaning service as a baby shower gift. Because of that, I didn't feel encumbered by just having given birth. Catherine is able to concentrate on her child exclusively simply because she has extra help, which is good for her and for the baby.

I've just been skimming the DM articles. The link Titles are HORRIBLE (re: slapping on makeup, telling Carole she must shut up, etc. paraphrasing) while the actual articles are less harsh. It makes me think Editorial at the DM is ready to make ugly money, while their writers are still pretty much still on honeymoon with the baby! :lol:

Here are lovely photos of leaving KP: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-son-leave-Kensington-Palace-Bucklebury.html

I was just looking at the videos of the family leaving the hospital.

Looks like Prince X has the "royal wave" down already :lol:

The unfortunate thing is after just one day on this earth he'll never know true privacy ever again. Thank God he is completely unaware of that now.

The Royal Family Order is a given now if Catherine doesn't already have it and I think it won't be too long before an appointment to the RVO.

I was just wondering about this today. When did Diana receive hers?

Before anyone thinks I didn't bother to find the answer to my question online I did try but haven't been able to.

The Royal Family Order is a given now if Catherine doesn't already have it and I think it won't be too long before an appointment to the RVO.

It doesn't work like that. Diana received the RFO before William's birth and never received the RVO, even after "producing" the heir and the spare.
The orders are given at the discretion of the Queen, after her very own values scales.

I was just wondering about this today. When did Diana receive hers?

Before anyone thinks I didn't bother to find the answer to my question online I did try but haven't been able to.

Wikipedia says that Diana did, but I agree they are not the best source. ETA: Sorry. I misread the question. I thought it was whether Diana received one. I knew she had, but Sarah Ferguson hadn't. I'll see if I have the date somewhere.

Last edited:
Yes, the late Princess of Wales was a member of the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II but she wasn't given the Royal Victorian Order.

If Catherine haven't been given the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II already, she will probably be getting it soon. It's one of the first Order's The Queen give senior female members of the royal family. It's just not announced and we will have to wait until Catherine attends an official event where the Order is worn to know she has received it.

The fashion models never appear in public at 24 hours after giving birth, and then, their first portraits are always still portraits on magazine covers. Same with movie stars (this is why Angelina Jolie is so secretive/goes to a faraway place to give birth).

Give Kate another week and she'll be looking much more her familiar self; give her six weeks and she'll be a size 4. She looks to have not gained much/any weight for the pregnancy (maybe 2-3 pounds, and it looks good on her).

My point exactly. Awarded on an individual basis and by the Queen's own discretion. That's why some never receive it and others do.
Watch this space. I guarantee an appointment.

Catherine has done a fantastic job, giving birth is truly amazing but The Queen doesn't hand out the RVO willynilly. Family order perhaps but not the RVO you only have to look at when her own children got the order to see how much she values people earning it.

Yes, it usually take a while before The Queen awards members of her family with the Royal Victorian Order but, you never know, she may give it to Catherine a bit earlier than most. Catherine is pretty much the only senior female member of the royal family that's up for the Order. Everyone else has already received it.

My point exactly. Awarded on an individual basis and by the Queen's own discretion. That's why some never receive it and others do.
Watch this space. I guarantee an appointment.

Oh i see !
The RVO is highly doubtful , Catherine is still a newbie after all. RFO why not, but we have to wait and see a state event requiring the duchess of Cambridge in full regalia and it will not happen anytime soon ...

Does anyone know if the trip from KP to Bucklebury included enough time for them to have stopped and seen Philip at Windsor?

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 22m
Las Vegas has sent its congratulations to Prince Harry's nephew: "Congratulations on the royal addition. See you in 21 years".

Twitter is fun!!! :ROFLMAO:

soapstar said:
^I'm glad we're getting a photocall in a few weeks.

So am I, I'm looking forward to it. I thought we wouldn't see Baby Cambridge again until his christening, so I'm pleased that they're going to have a photo call with him before then.

If we can believe what we have read...:whistling:

And hear, it was announced on national news on several channels. If it was wrong, BP would have mentioned it to someone and the statement would have been corrected I would think.

Thanks for the pictures of HM visiting her great grandson, is it just me or does HM seem to look older in the last couple of weeks? I hope all is well with HM!

IMO, she seems to have aged a great deal in the past year or so, by that I mean noticeably. Certainly it is to be expected, but she remained looking the same for so long that, to me, it just seemed like it happened rather suddenly. She is looking more fragile to me recently.

Yeah, The Queen is old. I think she have her good days and then some okay days (the realities of old age) but she keeps on going.

The picture was rather unflattering but i agree, M'am is looking a bit tired ...

Back
Top Bottom