The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
During labour the baby is pushed by strong muscular contractions through a very narrow space so newborns are frequently a bit misshapen. Plus the baby's head is usually the part leading the pushing through and takes the brunt of all those hours of being pushed out. My son was breech and his little bottom was black and blue from the birth, his head and face, however, were perfect.

Last edited:
The baby looks healthy and beautiful. He also seems to have a strong personality already so good for him!:lol: I thought he would have more hair until I remembered that William was the same way when he was born.

Kate's hair seems thicker, longer and even more beautiful if that is possible. Maybe it's a little streaked in the front due to the summer sun, she's been out in it?

I think the polka dot dress was fine. She looked tired but happy.

I agree with the poster who felt bad for the other patients who had to listen to all that noise. :ermm:

The baby looks healthy and beautiful. He also seems to have a strong personality already so good for him!:lol: I thought he would have more hair until I remembered that William was the same way when he was born.

Kate's hair seems thicker, longer and even more beautiful if that is possible. Maybe it's a little streaked in the front due to the summer sun, she's been out in it?

I think the polka dot dress was fine. She looked tired but happy.

I agree with the poster who felt bad for the other patients who had to listen to all that noise. :ermm:

I think Harry was the only one born with noticeable hair - remember Charles reportedly said in disappointment "Oh, it's a boy. And he even has rusty hair".

I have always wanted to believe that was a bad joke of his even though he has always wanted a little girl.

Last edited:
I think the polka dots thing is reaching, but it sure looks like the blanket they're holding the new baby in is pretty much identical to the blanket that baby William was wrapped in when he left the hospital. Does St. Mary's provide identical blankets for newborns, or did they use William's baby blanket/one just like it on purpose?

If this is indeed the case, then it's wonderful. Nothing like passing down one's own first blanket on to one's child. Something that the little guy will treasure, I'm sure. I've had a student this past year who brought her baby blanket and first stuffed bear to sleep with at nap. She loved telling us who gave her these items, and another little girl brought her first hand-made baby blanket to sleep with as well. It was gorgeous; pink with white lace on the edges. I personally hated putting it on the mat, and then watching the girl step all over it with her trainers, but all that matters to her is that it was made for her, and allowed her to feel safe.

You are probably closer to the truth, but I watched her on other occasions and it's the same thing. Come out of your shell, already, Catherine.

Do give her a break. Public speaking is hard enough, and even harder when you have to do it 'unscripted'. I think she does a fine job, and with time it'll get better and more effortless.

They were both wonderful parents for their sons. And I am certain Charles will be a great grandad for this grandchildren.

As for Diana.. She won't be any more than a name for Williams son, boy will consider Camilla as his grandmother.

What a cruel thing to say.......:ermm:

Luckily you are wrong in your assumption....I am in a situation where there are Grandchildren that didnt get to meet their real Grandparent in person but are certainly very aware of their presence and importance into the input of the family. I think William and Charles for that matter will facilitate that awareness of Diana for this little boy and any other Grandchildren that follow. Camilla will probably love that little boy for being a part of the man she loves. She will not want to replace Diana but will Im sure be able to develop a love for this child based on her love for Charles.
My husband is not the father of my child but he looks forward to developing a relationship of some sort when my daughter has Grandchildren.

Most of us didnt know Diana and we have never forgotten her the people who did know her are hardly going to let the boy grow up without some knowledge of his late Grandma.

The name "Diana" will be much more than just a name for that little boy and for any and all future children. William will see to that. There is a reason that he gave his bride Diana's engagement ring and insisted on living at Kensington Palace, where he lived with his mother.

Diana is still very much a part of his life.

What a cruel thing to say.......:ermm:

Luckily you are wrong in your assumption....I am in a situation where there are Grandchildren that didnt get to meet their real Grandparent in person but are certainly very aware of their presence and importance into the input of the family. I think William and Charles for that matter will facilitate that awareness of Diana for this little boy and any other Grandchildren that follow. Camilla will probably love that little boy for being a part of the man she loves. She will not want to replace Diana but will Im sure be able to develop a love for this child based on her love for Charles.
My husband is not the father of my child but he looks forward to developing a relationship of some sort when my daughter has Grandchildren.

Most of us didnt know Diana and we have never forgotten her the people who did know her are hardly going to let the boy grow up without some knowledge of his late Grandma.

Its not cruel, its realistic. Diana will of course only ever be a name to him, and a picture. He will never meet her, never have her hold him, never have him tell him stories. He will never have that bond. Yes, he will grow up on stories of her, but she will still be the mom my dad had when he was a kid.

Camilla will be the woman there when they visit grandpa. She will be the one who spoils them, and plays with them, and likely gives them a puppy, seems she has a love for dogs. She will be the present one, whether she shares blood or not.

Kids don't care, if grandparents share blood or not. Stepgrandparents can be a true blessing, especially when the blood one has passed away. It may be harder for Camilla to have a role, if Diana was alive, but sadly she is not.

It does. The uterus does take time to shrink back down to it's normal pre-pregnancy size.

Regardless, I thought Kate looked wonderful. :)

Its actually refreshing to see Kate with Kate presenting a true reflection of the birth process.....sadly due to the media stories of celebrities giving birth and snapping back to size 8 within minutes of actual delivery is deceptive and wrong.
She looked like a beautiful glowing post partum woman completely normal.

Its good that millions of young women will see this piece of footage and maybe not beat themselves up over not looking whippet thin the minute the baby leaves her belly.

I really respect Kate for that.

:flowers:

Its actually refreshing to see Kate with Kate presenting a true reflection of the birth process.....sadly due to the media stories of celebrities giving birth and snapping back to size 8 within minutes of actual delivery is deceptive and wrong.
She looked like a beautiful glowing post partum woman completely normal.

Its good that millions of young women will see this piece of footage and maybe not beat themselves up over not looking whippet thin the minute the baby leaves her belly.

I really respect Kate for that.

:flowers:

This is a good point.

Celebrities tend not to appear in public so soon after the birth, giving things a chance to go back to "normal" before they debut the post-baby body. Catherine, being a royal and not a celebrity, didn't have that opportunity and looked amazing regardless, in my opinion.

I thought she did fabulous today, heck 18hours after I had my first child and I could hardly walk, talk or balance my emotions, I was one of the millions today who watched a door for most of the day and the crowds were intimidating to me and I didn't just give birth to the world's most infamous baby. I thought Kate and William handled themselves like pro's for goodness sakes she just pushed out a human and we're critiquing her speaking, I'm surprised she knew what day it was, let alone acted like a lady, so I say Well Done Kate!!!

This whole appearance reminds me of the day he set off to St. Andrews... Though it was modern and very interactive... it was definitely all with a deeper purpose. We all got a good look. Good Pictures. Got to hear their own reactions to some of our questions... now is the blackout like when he went to college... they wanted to give us something great, so we would stay back and let them have their privacy.

So I hope the world will be able to respect that. We can look forward to finding out Baby Cambridge's names, release of official photos, and the Christening in a few months:) Its gonna be a great holiday season!

988258_10153058977875183_2061005948_n.jpg

I love to see how much William obviously cherishes and protects Catherine, standing close, supporting her with a hand or arm; they are one of the most sincerely loving couples I've seen.
On another note, I wonder whether Catherine will have her hair cut, if tiny fingers are going to be entangled in it and pull strands out (I speak from experience!)

her hair is kind of her signature .she can just pull it back.

Its not cruel, its realistic. Diana will of course only ever be a name to him, and a picture. He will never meet her, never have her hold him, never have him tell him stories. He will never have that bond. Yes, he will grow up on stories of her, but she will still be the mom my dad had when he was a kid.

Camilla will be the woman there when they visit grandpa. She will be the one who spoils them, and plays with them, and likely gives them a puppy, seems she has a love for dogs. She will be the present one, whether she shares blood or not.

Kids don't care, if grandparents share blood or not. Stepgrandparents can be a true blessing, especially when the blood one has passed away. It may be harder for Camilla to have a role, if Diana was alive, but sadly she is not.

Everyone's experience is different or a little similar. My maternal grandmother died at 48 of bone cancer a decade before I was born when my mother was 10. And yes there was a photo and stories. But it was the stories that made my grandma feel like a person to me and not a just a name and a photograph. I remember seeing how my mother and her sibling's faces would light up when they talked about their late mom. And then the melancholy looks when reality would return. My mom would always tell me that it wasn't easy growing up without a mother.

This whole appearance reminds me of the day he set off to St. Andrews... Though it was modern and very interactive... it was definitely all with a deeper purpose. We all got a good look. Good Pictures. Got to hear their own reactions to some of our questions... now is the blackout like when he went to college... they wanted to give us something great, so we would stay back and let them have their privacy.

So I hope the world will be able to respect that. We can look forward to finding out Baby Cambridge's names, release of official photos, and the Christening in a few months:) Its gonna be a great holiday season!

988258_10153058977875183_2061005948_n.jpg

Very nice!

Although you may have a point in what you say, I cannot agree with "Diana will only be a name and a picture" to him. I'm sure William's evident love for his mother will no doubt have a profound impact on the child. Diana was and will always be more than a name and a face, and one person who knows this more than anybody would be William. I'm sure as the child grows, he will learn of the kind, generous and down-to-earth nature of his late grandmother, and in his own way, grow to love her. Like it or not, Diana did touch many people's lives, whether it be personally or through her dedicated charity work, and as her grandson and future King, I'm sure he will have nothing but respect for the lady who (in my opinion) helped bring the monarchy much closer to the people.

My baby thoughts in pictures:

The Queen looks the happiest I have ever seen her. She is smiling with her eyes.

Happy to have a great grandson or just happy he came before her vacation.

The proud great grandmother.
Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Queen's Award Reception in London - Zimbio

Baby Cambridge already upset with the paparazzi.
(They disturbed his nap!)
Prince William Photos - The Prince of Cambridge Makes His Debut
Kate Middleton and Prince William Show Off Their Baby

Prince Charles getting emotional.
Prince Charles Photos - The Prince of Cambridge Makes His Debut

Grandparenthood already too much. Didn't have time to have the suit pressed.
Prince Charles Photos - The Royal Baby's Family Gathers at St. Mary's

Everyone's experience is different or a little similar. My maternal grandmother died at 48 of bone cancer a decade before I was born when my mother was 10. And yes there was a photo and stories. But it was the stories that made my grandma feel like a person to me and not a just a name and a photograph. I remember seeing how my mother and her sibling's faces would light up when they talked about their late mom. And then the melancholy looks when reality would return. My mom would always tell me that it wasn't easy growing up without a mother.

Duke William and Prince Harry will share stories about their dear mother, Diana. Their children will think of the Princess as real person and have fond memories of her.

Thanks for sharing your experience sirhon. ;)

Last edited:
Although you may have a point in what you say, I cannot agree with "Diana will only be a name and a picture" to him. I'm sure William's evident love for his mother will no doubt have a profound impact on the child. Diana was and will always be more than a name and a face, and one person who knows this more than anybody would be William. I'm sure as the child grows, he will learn of the kind, generous and down-to-earth nature of his late grandmother, and in his own way, grow to love her. Like it or not, Diana did touch many people's lives, whether it be personally or through her dedicated charity work, and as her grandson and future King, I'm sure he will have nothing but respect for the lady who (in my opinion) helped bring the monarchy much closer to the people.

I don't recall saying he wouldn't grow up on stories of her? That he would not know about her work and what an amazing woman she was. I infact did say he would. But they are just that, STORIES. She will never be a physical presence, other then pictures and videos. She will never hug him, she will never tuck him in, read him a story, tell him I love you. She will never read him a story. Respecting and caring about a memory, is a very different thing then a loving grandma in your life. You may have idolized Diana, but I am sure the people who were actually a physical active personal part of your life, had more of an impact.

Duke William and Prince Harry will share stories about their dear mother, Diana. Their children will think of the Princess as real person and have fond memories of her.

Thanks for sharing your experience sirhon. ;)

Memories are a personal experience. They may share in their father's memories, but will have none of their own of her. They will have the stories of her, and will make memories with the huge family they have.

I don't recall saying he wouldn't grow up on stories of her? That he would not know about her work and what an amazing woman she was. I infact did say he would. But they are just that, STORIES. She will never be a physical presence, other then pictures and videos. She will never hug him, she will never tuck him in, read him a story, tell him I love you. She will never read him a story. Respecting and caring about a memory, is a very different thing then a loving grandma in your life. You may have idolized Diana, but I am sure the people who were actually a physical active personal part of your life, had more of an impact.
I'm not arguing that she won't be a physical presence, but I certainly think she will be more than just a name and a picture as you said. Of course, Camilla will be taking up the grandmother role, and as a grandmother already, I'm sure she'll do an amazing job. However, like I said previously, William's love for his mother will eventually rub off on the little Prince, and I'm sure he will grow to love the person that Diana was, the mother William knew and the grandmother that was sadly taken too early. I wouldn't say I idolized Diana, I just felt that one point you made came across as a little bit cold. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :flowers:

I thought she did fabulous today, heck 18hours after I had my first child and I could hardly walk, talk or balance my emotions, I was one of the millions today who watched a door for most of the day and the crowds were intimidating to me and I didn't just give birth to the world's most infamous baby. I thought Kate and William handled themselves like pro's for goodness sakes she just pushed out a human and we're critiquing her speaking, I'm surprised she knew what day it was, let alone acted like a lady, so I say Well Done Kate!!!

Yeah child birth isn't a walk in the park. Especially with a baby that big. Kate looked well rested, relaxed, and natural when she cam out.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing that she won't be a physical presence, but I certainly think she will be more than just a name and a picture as you said.

How can Diana be anything more than a picture, movie, name or someone else's memory? This child will have no personal knowledge of her - she simply will be a name, much loved by his father, but nothing really more - nothing physical at all.

My grandfather died when my mother was a girl - like William's mother - and no matter how much my mother and grandmother talked about him and so forth he is still a picture on the wall - no a 'real' person in the sense of someone of whom I have real memories and Diana will be the same for this baby - other people's memories aren't the same as one's own.

Last edited:
The baby will know his grandmother was. The couple and family will tell him stories and the baby will see pictures of his late grandmother. Diana may not be here physically but he will know who she was. It is touching and beautiful.

To me, the little fella didn't really favor one parent over the other until I saw this photo. He's looking a lot like Dad in this one.

Back
Top Bottom