The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do we know if the Queen plans to visit her great grandson?

Do we know if the Queen plans to visit her great grandson?

I'm sure she'll see him before she leaves for Balmoral. Now that William and Catherine are back at KP, it should be easy for the Queen to see him privately.

Such a sweet little face! And I'm convinced Catherine is super-human or something to look that good 24 hours after pushing out an 8 pound baby.

The expressions on her and William's faces made me emotional! So much joy from a tiny little person! I wish them all so much happiness!

I've seen congratulatory messages from the heads of Canada, Australia, N. Ireland, and the USA. Has anyone else said anything?

How about the DoE for that matter?

I wonder about Prince Philip also. I have asked that question a few tines but no one seem to have an answer.

I asked a prominent reporter on Twitter when The Queen would meet her Great Grandson and they replied that no one knows when she will.

Such a sweet little face! And I'm convinced Catherine is super-human or something to look that good 24 hours after pushing out an 8 pound baby.

The expressions on her and William's faces made me emotional! So much joy from a tiny little person! I wish them all so much happiness!

I've seen congratulatory messages from the heads of Canada, Australia, N. Ireland, and the USA. Has anyone else said anything?

I saw one from Russia

I'm not entirely sure if an adopted child can (or cannot) use courtesy titles in the British system. My understanding is that on the continent - in at least some houses - they can. I do believe that British children born out of wedlock but retroactively legitimized can use courtesy titles, but they are not eligible to inherit.

I suspect adoption would be the same. If William and Catherine had adopted a child then he/she would likely be styled as a prince(ss), but he/she wouldn't be in the line of succession to the throne or eligible to inherit William's dukedom. If the adopted child isn't actually allowed to be styled as a prince(ss) under the 1917 LPs, I wouldn't be surprised if HM (or Charles at a later point) issued LPs to grant the child the HRH.

There is also the possibility that an adopted child, on his or her marriage, may be given a dukedom or an earldom. It was once fairly common for the recognized illegitimate sons of kings to be given titles. William IV (who I believe was the last monarch to recognize illegitimate children) have his eldest son an Earldom and allowed his other children to be styled as the children of a Duke (which he was when they were born).

Interesting as always, Ish. I used the word "inherit" because I think that is the major distinction.

I hear that...I have a picture of me the day after (24 years ago today as a matter of fact) I had a 8 + lb baby and it's not anything like Kate's! It was all I could do to get dressed and go home and I wasn't wearing heels and makeup!

LaRae

I wonder about Prince Philip also. I have asked that question a few tines but no one seem to have an answer.

I asked a prominent reporter on Twitter when The Queen would meet her Great Grandson and they replied that no one knows when she will.

A "royal analyst" on CNN said that William and Catherine will probably take the baby to the Queen (and Prince Philip), rather than the Queen going to them. That makes sense to me, but it could be that both will make the trip to Kensington Palace. I don't know exactly how far it is from Buckingham Palace, but I think it was only a half an hour walk so it can't be much more than a mile.

We have had the same blanket to wrap our babies in for 4 generations now. Its lace is handmade and the cotton weave is no longer made. It's a family heirloom, really, and I hope to pass it on to my grandchildren one day. I think that's a very nice thing to do for a royal, as well as a commoner.

I believe the royal couple handled their first appearance together with the future king very well: simple, down-to-earth and sincere. I don't understand how Catherine's choice of dress can be criticized, please, it was appropriate and cute. The big surprise came - for me - from William, who seemed warm, but confident in handling his newly found fatherhood, the media craziness and his newborn. More and more, he has a very reassuring presence: no matter the circumstances he is always up to par. I wish Catherine would show off a bit more personality, she sometimes comes across as a pretty doll in a shop window, completely void of oomph.

Interesting as always, Ish. I used the word "inherit" because I think that is the major distinction.

I figured.

They definitely can't inherit anything, although they could possibly be created something later on, and may be able to use titles by courtesy.

Charles and Camilla looked thrilled to meet the new baby. I'm sure he will bring much happiness to his family circle. How could he not being that adorable!

We have had the same blanket to wrap our babies in for 4 generations now. Its lace is handmade and the cotton weave is no longer made. It's a family heirloom, really, and I hope to pass it on to my grandchildren one day. I think that's a very nice thing to do for a royal, as well as a commoner.

I believe the royal couple handled their first appearance together with the future king very well: simple, down-to-earth and sincere. I don't understand how Catherine's choice of dress can be criticized, please, it was appropriate and cute. The big surprise came - for me - from William, who seemed warm, but confident in handling his newly found fatherhood, the media craziness and his newborn. More and more, he has a very reassuring presence: no matter the circumstances he is always up to par. I wish Catherine would show off a bit more personality, she sometimes comes across as a pretty doll in a shop window, completely void of oomph.

I was very impressed with William today - he was confident with the baby (and with that car seat!), affectionate with Kate, and amiable with the media (knowing his distaste for the media, I expected him to maybe answer a question or two and then get out of there as soon as possible, but he seemed very at ease with it all). As for Kate, she seems a bit shy about speaking to the media off-the-cuff, not to mention that she'd just given birth the day before and was probably putting a heck of a lot of effort into just standing out there in front of everyone. To me, she just looked so happy, and held that baby as if she'd been a mother forever. It was so sweet.

How about the DoE for that matter?

I'd think they'd go together.

Considering the queen was quoted as saying she hoped the baby arrived before she left for Balmoral, I have no doubt the couple will soon visit, or the baby come to them.

Oh, and I forgot: Catherine seemed endlessly preoccupied by the hair getting blown in her face. It was a little distracting.

Oh, and I forgot: Catherine seemed endlessly preoccupied by the hair getting blown in her face. It was a little distracting.

I disagree - she seemed focused on the baby and William

I'd think they'd go together.

Considering the queen was quoted as saying she hoped the baby arrived before she left for Balmoral, I have no doubt the couple will soon visit, or the baby come to them.

SkyNews has reportedly said that the DoE is at Sandringham and the Queen is swinging by to pick him up on her way to Balmoral. If he's there it might make it more difficult to visit.

I think Catherine in general isn't as comfortable making more off the cuff remarks with the public yet. William isn't always the best at it either, but we've had 30 years to get to know him and so we know his personality.

In this case, however, I think she really just let William take the lead because she was tired. She went through a lot yesterday and her body's still recovering. It's also very likely that her emotions are out of sync as well because of the hormonal changes.

I think Catherine in general isn't as comfortable making more off the cuff remarks with the public yet. William isn't always the best at it either, but we've had 30 years to get to know him and so we know his personality.

In this case, however, I think she really just let William take the lead because she was tired. She went through a lot yesterday and her body's still recovering. It's also very likely that her emotions are out of sync as well because of the hormonal changes.

You are probably closer to the truth, but I watched her on other occasions and it's the same thing. Come out of your shell, already, Catherine.

I didn't notice her being preoccupied with her hair. The only thing she seemed preoccupied with is William and the baby.

You are probably closer to the truth, but I watched her on other occasions and it's the same thing. Come out of your shell, already, Catherine.
Give her time. Public speaking doesn't come naturally to everyone. If you take a look at her very first speech and her later speeches, you can tell that she is improving. And to be honest, today is probably not the best day to critique her public speaking skills. She just gave birth so I imagine she's tired, emotional and just wants to go home and curl up in bed.

Last edited:
According to google maps, it is about a 2 1/2 hour trip from Sandrngham to Kensington. Considering how close Philip is to William, I doubt the trip is too much for him to make.

The baby's nose is Windsor, all right. No doubt whatsoever.

I think he has Catherine's nose! The Queen, Anne, Edward and Louise all definitely have the Windsor nose but I don't see this new bub having it. His nose looks like Catherine's little flat/button nose.

I think he has Catherine's nose! The Queen, Anne, Edward and Louise all definitely have the Windsor nose but I don't see this new bub having it. His nose looks like Catherine's little flat/button nose.

I could bet you it's a Windsor one, but I would be cheating a little, since I looked at the pic on a very big screen.

According to google maps, it is about a 2 1/2 hour trip from Sandrngham to Kensington. Considering how close Philip is to William, I doubt the trip is too much for him to make.

This is a man who hasn't been seen in public for months, who requires so much rest and quiet that Windsor is deemed not quiet enough and you think that a 5 hour round trip would be ok?

I really dont think so.

As per my post #892 - that is a Windsor baby. But early days

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a man who hasn't been seen in public for months, who requires so much rest and quiet that Windsor is deemed not quiet enough and you think that a 5 hour round trip would be ok?

I really dont think so.

I think - I hope - it was meant that William would go to Philip, not the other way around.

If Philip is at Sandringham and the Queen is already planning on going to him, it makes sense for the Cambridges to also go to him, before the Balmoral trip.

I hope he's not a Windsor baby... I don't mean that in a bad way, but we have enough "Windsor-looking" babies, so it would be nice to have a new one. :D He will be adorable no matter who he looks like though, though I do hope he has the Windsor blonde hair!

^^^But hopefully not the texture; let's hope he has Kate's and Grandpa Middleton's luxurious locks!

Back
Top Bottom