The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The family visiting the next day or so is how it's always been done with the royal family. It's nothing new. Yesterday William & Catherine had their alone time with their new born and was allowed to get some rest. Today they prepared themselves for family visits. Pretty much normal for some.

I am of the same opinion as you, cinrit.

I don't think it was rude at all, I've always thought that Anne is the type who sees no reason to put on a massive smile and make over the top comments to the media, she is a private person who will do the bare minnimum for the media, in private I'd imagine she is delighted as much as any Great Aunt would be.

I'm not sure how its strange that their families gave them time with their baby before going to visit. Not everyone wants to be bombarded with family right after. some people value that time just between husband/baby/wife. its a difference in preference but not strange at all.

Well, the media always seem to make a big deal over how close Kate is to her parents, and I wouldn't think a visit from one's parents (if you're close to them) would qualify as a bombardment. But I realize things are different for everybody, that's just my perception of things.

The family visiting the next day or so is how it's always been done with the royal family. It's nothing new. Yesterday William & Catherine had their alone time with their new born and was allowed to get some rest. Today they prepared themselves for family visits. Pretty much normal for some.

Yep. Diana and Fergie's families visited the next day as well.

I'm not sure how its strange that their families gave them time with their baby before going to visit. Not everyone wants to be bombarded with family right after. some people value that time just between husband/baby/wife. its a difference in preference but not strange at all.

Exactly, I agree. Everyone is different, When my Brother and his wife had their baby it wad a couple hours before we could go see it. We were all at hone waiting.

My cousin wanted her Grandmother and Aunt in the Waiting Room (She had a c-section) and my Aunt wanted her Mother and Sister in the waiting room and my uncle brought the baby to the waiting room minutes after it was born!

Last edited:
I really think the comment by the Princess Royal was not wrong - someone said congratulations to her, so she replied it was nothing to do with her, I think it was nice that she deflecting congratulations that she didn't feel was her to receive.

I really think the comment by the Princess Royal was not wrong - someone said congratulations to her, so she replied it was nothing to do with her, I think it was nice that she deflecting congratulations that she didn't feel was her to receive.

And that's what I was thinking- I'm sure in context, the remark was very appropriate.

But Albert has biological children, doesn't he?
At least if they want children they can always adopt.

These children were born out of wedlock, so they can't inherit the throne.
Adopt? So why King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola didn't do this?

I don't think offering good wishes to a couple on the birth of their son and doing so without qualifying the statement (i.e. great news, nothing to do with me, though!) is necessarily "over-the-top" or expecting a "fairytale princess." Stating that she is unconnected to this child's birth is not only rude, it's unnecessary, as people who follow the royals are aware of the familial connections to this baby. If Earl Spencer, a great-uncle, had made the same statement, the consensus would have been that it was poor form for him to say it and that he seemed petty doing so. IMO, The Princess Royal is no different. But, this is obviously one of those YMMV situations.

At first I thought her comment was a tiny bit rude, but seeing it in context changes things. I think it was perfect thing to say in response to the congratulations.

Last edited:
As for the Middletons seeing the child the next day, I don't see why that's so strange. William and Kate wanted to take some time to spend it with their new baby before they introduced him to the rest of the family. I'm sure Kate's parent were fine with waiting a few hours to see their grandchild.

I would not be surprised to hear later on that William (or Kate) sent the Middleton's (and other relatives) a few snapshots via their own cellphones after the little Prince was born.

Well now her comment makes sense and I think it was a perfect thing to say.

It makes perfect sense to me, if she'd been asked about the birth and had said simply "its nothing to do with me" it would have been rude but instead she was pointing out she had really little to do with the birth herself, not enough to be congratulated.

Someone's coming, they think it might be Charles ...

EDIT: They think it's "more than just Charles arriving", could it be William and Catherine with the baby Prince?

I don't expect sugar fairytales, but we all know that the baby does have something to do with Anne. She is his great-aunt. I agree if Earl Spencer had said the same thing, I wonder how many would think that it was the appropriate thing for him to say. She didn't even have to say that she was happy about it, "thank you" would have been fine. What she said makes her sound grouchy. Well, just my thoughts...

well she is a brave women, only one day at the hospital ans she will be fresh!!!good Kate! let's see!

There are a group of semi-well-dressed gentlemen milling around and smiling at the crowd just now (on DM feed)-perhaps they are hospital functionaries waiting to be on hand when the family leaves.

Sarah Hewson
Alastair Bruce suggesting Prince William may come out and do a walkabout to thank staff at the Lindo Wing. No confirmation.

The Prince of Wales and Camilla have just arrived.

If they've just arrived either, they'll come out with William and Catherine and the baby or Catherine and baby are staying another night.

Oh, hello, Charles! I love how tender he is with Camilla. A lot of very real affection there.

Back
Top Bottom