The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince George's name is George Alexander Louis.
Without the Alexander, he has the same two names as the King of England who was from the House of Hanover, George I (George Louis).

I can't believe a year ago we were all wondering when Prince George was going to be born! He's such a cute little chap! I hope he has a lovely birthday cake on the day!!

This kid has such an earnest face. It's like he's saying: Take me seriously, I not your cutie-pie baby, you know! :)

At this age, kids don't ALL look alike anymore. Plus, a kid that looks like George with a nanny that looks exactly like George's nanny who "walks" him around Hyde Park with bodyguards, with be too much of a coincidence, no?

Well, I don't know how well the bodyguards disguise themselves in the UK (but I presume that, like here, they have to blend into the crowd?), but the man in the back wearing a blue shirt wear very bodyguard-looking sunglasses, doesn't he? He could just be someone completely unrelated to them though, but I am, however, sure the bodyguard/s are there somehow.

I saw him and wondered...but wasn't sure. Still they gotta be there somewhere...can't imagine George being out and about without one.

LaRae

Prince George's bodyguard is right next and talking to his nanny. Sergeant Emma Probert's is Catherine's bodyguard.

About the pics regarding George's bithday:
Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 4 h Prince George's first birthday will be marked by the publication of three photographs taken when he visited the Natural History Museum.

All three photos were taken when George visited the Sensational Butterflies exhibition with his parents at the NHM earlier this month.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 4 h One photo will be published on Saturday night and the other two on the eve of Prince George's birthday with more information.

And I bet the embargo will be broken :-D

After a year after his birth. I think there should be a thread for pictures and news like Princess Estelle. Keep it all tidy.

It's great that the pictures being released are taken by a professional. Can't wait to see them but I truly find the timing a bit weird to release official pictures, 10:30PM

Last edited:
It's great that the pictures being released are taken by a professional. Can't wait to see them but I truly find the timing a bit weird to release official pictures, 10:30PM

I may be wrong but my guess is that the newspaper editors asked for the embargo to end at 10:30 pm. The pics are most likely to make front pages, which creates a problem for the papers since most of them release their front pages for the next day at around 10:30 pm for reviews on tv in segments called "tomorrow's papers, front pages etc". A midnight embargo would mean that they can't release their front pages until then.
This is just my guess.

does this mean the press already has the pictures but can only release them at 10.30 tonight?
i'm also excited that they are professional photos!

That's probably correct, the press should have the pictures by now.

Yes the press has the pics but we have to wait for the embargo... I'm waiting to see them because evn with the professional I was disapointed last time... (Christening pics).

The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge, 22 July 2013

Hmm George grabbed mommys hair with his left hand. You think he's a lefty like his dad? Or was that just what was convenient for him?

Last edited:
Well both my girls were very left-handed as babies. The eldest is now clearly right-handed and the youngest (21 months) is starting to do more and more with het right now too. My husband is left, I am right-handed.

Many babies do things with their left hand, but if you start teaching them how to eat their food with the right hand, they will learn with time.

Many babies do things with their left hand, but if you start teaching them how to eat their food with the right hand, they will learn with time.

How do you teach them to eat their food with their right hand?

Back
Top Bottom