The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't either...but they have been in her house and Carol has been helping/advising/guiding Kate and been on hand for a month now. Maybe it might be time let go a bit .

Jeez then my family must be nuts since we basically live with my grandparents. We're on the top floor and their on the bottom floor of the house.

I don't see anything wrong with Carole helping out Kate and William. It's her first child and Kate like most new mothers could be overwhelmed. Doesn't everyone's mother help out especially with the first? My sister actually moved back home after her first so the family could help out. Nothing wrong with family support. I hope we get these pictures soon so we can see the little guy.

In my family mothers were not around when we had our first borns as they worked in different towns to where we lived - my mother lived nearly 200 kms away and my sister-in-laws mother lived over 2000 kms away. I also was over 2 hours away from my sister-in-law so both she and I had to cope from day 1 with no mothers or other family - and we did.

In my family mothers were not around when we had our first borns as they worked in different towns to where we lived - my mother lived nearly 200 kms away and my sister-in-laws mother lived over 2000 kms away. I also was over 2 hours away from my sister-in-law so both she and I had to cope from day 1 with no mothers or other family - and we did.

Yes, of course, many new mothers must manage their infants and households all by themselves. But all who were lucky enough to have help from their own mothers understand how fortunate Catherine is to have been able to rely on her parents. My own mother did the laundry and most of the cooking, cuddled her new grandson to her heart's content, stepped and fetched for all of us, and enjoyed spending time with our family in such a cozy way. It was much better than having a nanny or a baby nurse, and we were much closer as a family after the experience. Who wouldn't prefer the help of her immediate family rather than going it alone?

I do hope we see some photos of the family today, even if it is just one group shot of the trio. It's nice to let the public see the family and if they do it like this (releasing photos for occasions etc.) will limit the press intrusion.

Someone said on Tumblr that it's nothing new for a member of the family to take the first photo's of the newborn. It is kind of new for a heir to be presented this way? Andrew took the photos for his child and Louise, but we did not see James until the one christening image released in April. James was definitely the most hidden newborn of the Queen's grandchildren.

Today I got my thank you card from TRH. It is a wonderful picture of them leaving the hospital and a lovely thank you text at the back.

This card is a "jubilee" for me. It is the 100th thank you card I have received.

phil dampier ‏@phildampier 4h
Expecting official pix of Will and Kate with George tomorrow - but WHO took them?

Jeez, I can't believe I have to say it but here goes.

Apparently Kate and/or William asked for Carole's assistance in Wales.

As a mother and new grandmother, who is free (i.e. based on wealth and time) she was able to provide them with some assistance (i.e. maybe going grocery shopping since they hadn't been there for some time, cleaning the said house because it might have been empty for some time, being the backup so Kate could sleep while William was at work, etc.). She did what she had to do assist them and than left the family to their own devices. What is so God Awful about that?

And it goes without saying that of course there are new mothers whose own mother's aren't around (because of death, illness, distance, work or just not having a good relationship with their daughters) and the new mothers have to make a go of it alone. But there are other mother's who have the ability to assist their children and their new grandchildren and are able to stay with the said family members. Should they not assist them because other mother's can't?

Needless to say, each situation is different and everyone makes the best with what they have. And the end of the day, that's all you can do.

Since she is gone it's a moot point now.

Can't wait for pics!

When the Pictures are released will this thread be closed?

Can't wait for the Pictures.

George is almost a month old already...hard to believe.

@HRHDuchesskate: The official photos of Prince George will be released after midnight according to @DailyStarEmily

Official pictures are expected shortly after midnight GMT, or around 7PM EST.

Official pictures are expected shortly after midnight GMT, or around 7PM EST.

Actually they're expected after midnight, not neccesarily expected to be released directly after midnight. They're missing a massive audience if they release them at 00:01. :lol:

Actually they're expected after midnight, not neccesarily expected to be released directly after midnight. They're missing a massive audience if they release them at 00:01. :lol:

Never thought about that but you sre right about that. I think some peoples thought shortly after midnight when they geard 'after midnight'

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 18m

#RoyalBaby: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge write to all well-wishers via @Telegraph http://fw.to/AK7s6mS

There a Telegraph story speculating that William and Kate want 2 more kids because if they saved the top 3 layers of their wedding cake. However, if you look at the photo of the cake. The top layer is the smallest one and does not appear big enough to feed all the people that would be invited to George's christening.

Here is the MIRROR version: Prince George birth: William and Kate send thank you notes to every well-wisher who wrote to them - Mirror Online

OK - so we all know they had help and that the gesture is not full of meaning, EXCEPT to the people who get the cards and treasure them.

In any case - lovely manners! And good PR. ;)

Pretty much anything you receive from a Royal family member isn't written by them but by their lady-in-waiting or private secretary. It will also often state at the bottom, "Sarah Sienesi , Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The Countess of Wessex", or whomever it is from. It is still something valuable though and treasure, as you said.

I would think that William and Kate would have signed the thank you letters to the PMs and Govt Generals for official gifts from a country for George. Of course it was typed by someone else. I am sure the people who got letters from Miguel or Rebecca will treasure them.

Is this thread closed and we're all now posting on the current events thread ( or the pics thread for new pics of George)? I'm confused where to put things.

If its just about the pix of george released to date (the 2 by MM) then use that thread.

Anything about George, his birth etc is on here. At some stage - dont know when - it will merge into probably another thread.

I dont understand it either - not really. But what I have said is what I am working on

If its just about the pix of george released to date (the 2 by MM) then use that thread.

Anything about George, his birth etc is on here. At some stage - dont know when - it will merge into probably another thread.

I dont understand it either - not really. But what I have said is what I am working on

I asked the Mods - a couple of weeks after the birth. They said this will go on until some logical break (I am paraphrasing) like Christening or some other official event (multi generational portrait?) and then we will move into a W and C and Family thread. I'm assuming the EVENT will have its own thread as well.

There is no rush - apparently:flowers:.

I asked the Mods - a couple of weeks after the birth. They said this will go on until some logical break (I am paraphrasing) like Christening or some other official event (multi generational portrait?) and then we will move into a W and C and Family thread. I'm assuming the EVENT will have its own thread as well.

There is no rush - apparently:flowers:.

Have you ever read the books of David Eddings (the Belgariad and the Mellorian). He writes about THE EVENT - its various things but linked to the coming of the One God. :lol: obviously not in this instance

Back
Top Bottom