The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because people want to find something to complain about. I personally don't care where she stays as long as she is comfortable.

Does anyone know how far they are from moving and what exactly is going on with Anmer Hall? For that matter, would there not be other residences at KP more move in ready and vacant for them? I know they must have their reasons but choosing a place that needed such work seems odd.

Am I the only one who finds annoying these double-guessing and mean comments in regards to every look, gesture or action of the Cambridges? I know we're on a comment forum, but lighten up!

NO. NO. I am also, it is tedious and ridiculous. A baby was born, a joyous event, and some want to turn it into a bitching session, pardon my language. Kate raises her eyebrows, goes to bathroom, or walks down the street, and people complain. It is immature and idiotic. Just my opinion, rant over.

I have to agree with some of you. Catherine is in the best place she could be. Her mother is the perfect person to instruct her on how to take care of a baby. I doubt the Queen would be able to do that since she has numerous other obligations to tend to and it would be horrible if she would be expected to be alone during this time. I think it was a perfect solution for her to stay with her mother and not just for the advice and help but for the absolute privacy that everyone needs at the moment. Just my opinion. :)

If apt 1a was finished before George came, maybe it would have been a different story with the Cambridges staying at KP. But with Nott Cottage being only 2 bedrooms it was not practical for them to stay there. The Middleton's house gave them space and privacy plus there is nothing wrong with Kate learning to be a mum from her own mum.

If apt 1a was finished before George came, maybe it would have been a different story with the Cambridges staying at KP. But with Nott Cottage being only 2 bedrooms it was not practical for them to stay there. The Middleton's house gave them space and privacy plus there is nothing wrong with Kate learning to be a mum from her own mum.

Exactly. The way people are reacting you'd think that they were staying in a Crack House on Skid Row!

Agree completely. It's lovely that Catherine has somewhere nice to stay during the first months of being a mother. The transition is not an easy one, and if she has parents who are willing to have their daughter, son-in-law, and grandson stay in their house for a few weeks, then who are we to complain?

Royals or no royals, they are still humans, made of flesh and blood and have the same needs, desires and worries as most of us. My parents lived on the same street as us when my son was born, and boy, did I enjoy having her help and permanently "borrowing" her cleaning lady! I didn't want her to take over my baby, as I thought I needed to establish my own routines and I like things done my own way :p, but her invaluable help with cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping was a god-sent. That's not to mention the moral support only a mother can give.

I thought it was great the Kate has her family around and William understands how important they are to her and to him. Prince George is going to have something the Windsor's haven't had since the We 4.
I think the Middleton's are a close knit family who have handled their sudden fame with a lot of dignity and class. How awful to suddenly have everything you do torn apart by the general public and the press. I give them a lot of credit for being so down to earth and willing to open their house and arms to William. Its not like he doesn't come with a lot of baggage. I think if Diana had any kind of relationship with her parents, her outcome might have been different. Not that her and Charles were compatible but I don't think she thought she had anyone around to give her help or to give her the truth, that is something you can always depend on family doing.
I personally like the idea that although George is a royal Prince, he will have a place where he can just be himself, have grandparents he can go to when he needs help and be loved for just being George, not the heir. I am not saying that the Windsor's don't love each other but they don't seem like they are a close knit family. IMHO

I have the impression the royal families and especially the British have a sizeable staff of assistants and helpers of all different kinds including nannies. So it is more acceptable to have people around that are employees than having one's own family? The indignation some posters feel over the Duchess mother's presence is quite amusing

The Cambridges do not have a sizeable personal staff. At present it is an orderly who takes care of William and a housekeeper who currently doesnt have a house to keep! No maids, butlers, stylists, footmen - nothing! And no nursery staff either.

Why posters are upset about Catherine's mother helping is a mystery to most of us. It's normal family stuff. Maybe some think its not royal enough. Frankly, I think its just great!

This couple are in the unusual position of currently being in rented accomodation which runs out soon; a small place in London which isnt big enough for any staff and a home that is not ready. I think what they have put in place is spot on!

^^^^^
I agree. They are doing what many other people would do when waiting for new home to be ready, camping out with the in laws until everything is done. No doubt Catherine is also picking up a few tips from mom on baby care as well.

It is just my opinion that the Middletons may not like eventually going to Kensington Palace or anywhere near the royals etc. I think Kate and her mother are close hence her going back home initially. It is a beautiful gesture from both Kate and William because Prince George will soon belong to the world and his future. He will belong and have others invested in him. Kate's dad and mom will surely treasure these moments.
A happy beginning.Bravo!

It is just my opinion that the Middletons may not like eventually going to Kensington Palace or anywhere near the royals etc. I think Kate and her mother are close hence her going back home initially. It is a beautiful gesture from both Kate and William because Prince George will soon belong to the world and his future. He will belong and have others invested in him. Kate's dad and mom will surely treasure these moments.
A happy beginning.Bravo!

Well, I'm not sure that's it's about the Middleton's relationship with the royal family. They seem to really get along with each other. I think the Cambridge's temporary living arrangement with her parents was convenient for them for a while. Most likely the Middleton's will be visiting Kensington Palace and other royal residences where the Cambridge's are for a very long time.

When Prince William was born did Princess Diana stay with her mother at first or did her mother cone and stay with them and help Diana at first? I know they a falling out (before her death) and all that history between them but I would have thought the birth of Prince William would have brought them closer At least for awhile and Diana would have wanted her mother there since she was pretty young and her life changed fast.

But anyway i Don't see anything wrong with Catherine staying with her parents for awhile. In Bucklebury she will have more privacy. And it easier for her to go there then Carole traveling to London. Bucklebury us also Carol comfort zone. It Catherine business.

It just seems very poor planning all around that they are having to live with in laws however lovely, private, comforting, etc. it might be because they essentially have no suitable home of their own.

The plans had been for the Kensington Palace apartment to be finished before George was born but due to asbestos removal and the usual delays in construction, that wasn't possible. Their staying with Catherine's family was the best of all solutions.

The plans had been for the Kensington Palace apartment to be finished before George was born but due to asbestos removal and the usual delays in construction, that wasn't possible. Their staying with Catherine's family was the best of all solutions.

I didn't know about the asbestos - you certainly do not want a baby around that type of material!!!

Please don't throw things... but now that is kind of weird. When they were at her house it was different but her going with them seems a tad clingy. And, real talk, no matter how much he likes her William may want time with his wife and son sans a MIL.

So word has it apparently we're going to get the first photoshoot tomorrow. I'm pretty excited tbh

Please don't throw things... but now that is kind of weird. When they were at her house it was different but her going with them seems a tad clingy. And, real talk, no matter how much he likes her William may want time with his wife and son sans a MIL.

She travelled with Kate, stayed for a bit to help them settle, then went home. I doubt Kate wanted to travel that far alone with a newborn.

All this second guessing of private family decisions is getting a bit obsessive.

Well, put me in the weird category, because, as I have said earlier, I am Italian American and family situations and closeness like this are the norm for my family. So call me weird, I find it comforting and my grown sons have a very touching and special relationship with my old and ailing mother, and I am glad.

Let me add that I do not know William, but perhaps the absence of his mom at this important time in his life is being felt. Diana was such a natural with her sons and other children, perhaps her not being there is very sad for him.

Oh for God's sake give it a rest. The fact they'll be leaving Wales in a few weeks is well known. Considering all that packing and getting stuff ready entails, and taking care of an almost month old on top of that, if you think they wouldn't need some help dealing all of that, then think again. Considering George now knows Granny Carole, it's only natural, they'd ask her to go up and give them a hand.

Here's hoping those photos do come out tomorrow and we can talk about them instead. The way this thread's gone the last couple of weeks just has me shaking my head in disbelief.

Well, no, I "won't give it a rest". I offered an opinion and mine is as valid as anyone else's -not every single poster is going to agree with every single thing the Cambridge's do. This is a discussion board for just that:discussion-both pro and con. Not a fan Page.

Last edited:
I think the Cambridges are able to make the decisions they want in the management of their private lives. They certainly do not need any input from the peanut gallery.

They may not need it but they got it -comes with being a public figure -Even your private life is not private and that's the breaks :)

Last edited:
They may not need it but they got it -comes with being a public figure -Even your private life is not private and that's the breaks :)

Well of course, why this place exists - they live under public scrutiny. I am not disputing that in the least, nor trying to stop opinions. Some of us are parents and are giving experienced opinions. Not saying it's for all first time parents to have help from their families, luckily I did and I see nothing wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom