The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Clever us! Giving a donation in little George's name to a fund researching one of our own endangered little cuties. I think it's an excellent idea.

Does any one else feel its time to have new thread for Prince George. Like the for Princess Estelle pictures and news. :flowers:
You've sort of answered your own question in that at the moment the Cambridges have disappeared into the black hole of Bucklebury, meaning there is very little news and certainly no pictures. We are currently in a curious hiatus where there is intense public interest in the family, but they have vanished from sight. That doesn't mean there is no "news", but very little of it has actual substance and most of it is fill-the-void speculation, chit chat and guff.

Once the Cambridges re-emerge in London the Cambridge Family current events thread will be the appropriate place to post apart from any special threads such as Prince George's christening. However, there's a good chance that while Catherine remains a stay-at-home mother in Kensington Palace, the public won't be seeing very much of Prince George.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

Some of the recent off-topic posts have been/will be moved to more relevant threads, eg the discussion as to which members of the BRF have Facebook is now in the Royal Websites & Royal Social Networking thread in the General Royal Discussion area.

Warren
British Forums moderator

At first I missed the "children's" and had a visual of William reading some Margaret Atwood to Baby George.

This behaviour (the spreading of Canadian children's lit, not the spreading of Atwood to children) is the kind of thing that makes me love out current GG.

The funniest thing about it though, was what happened on Twitter after the press release was put out. As soon as people heard what exactly the gift was, the tweets for The Hockey Sweater to be a part of it just flew in. To the point where the GG's press officer had to tweet that considering HE is an Alumni Member of Harvard's Varsity Hockey Team and also played w/Ken Dryden once upon a time, *that* was one book we could look at as a given...LOL!!

As Warren has quite rightly said, there is a bit of a black hole at the moment regarding news about HRH George. However I have put together a webpage on my site devoted to him and of course the page will develop as we hear more. if you care to take a look, here is the link His Royal Highness Prince George

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 49m
#royal #George The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have formally registered the birth of Prince George - Kensington Palace

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 49m
#royal #george #William and #kate both signed birth register at Kensington Palace this morning, witnessed by a Registrar - Ken Palace

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 38m
#royal #george #kate - here's the register signed by William and Kate pic.twitter.com/xClf54xy2Q

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison 16m
#royal Here's a slightly clearer image courtesy of Press Association pic.twitter.com/CeTZfaoQVd

Im posting this here as the contrast is interesting!

When Philip registered Anne's birth in 1950 he was given her ID card, a ration book, a bottle of cod liver oil and a bottle of orange juice.

From Peter Hunt BBC

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 37s
William registered George's birth at Kensington Palace this morning. Kate stayed at her parents' Berkshire home. #RoyalBaby #princegeorge

Other's posted it I see but I'll put up the link to the article. You know people are going to complain about what Kate said was her occupation so I'd skip the comments.

William signs Prince George's birth certificate at Kensington Palace... and Kate puts 'Princess of the United Kingdom' as her occupation
Registrar travelled to Kensington Palace for the special signing - normally parents have to go to the register office
Occupations of the baby's parents are 'Prince' and 'Princess' of the United Kingdom
Kate lists her maiden name as Middleton and place of birth as Reading while William marks his as Paddington
The Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry had their births registered by Westminster City Council

Read more: Prince George: William and Kate formally register birth at Kensington Palace (and his mother puts 'Princess of the United Kingdom as her occupation) | Mail Online

It's best to skip the comments. Everyone in their right mind or those who know anything about the royals, will know that Catherine is a Princess of the United Kingdom by marriage.

It still get me that William & Catherine are parents of a baby boy.

Kate didn't even fill it out the Registrar did. Plus she is a Princess. Not in her own right but Princess William is one of her lesser titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to the admin for addressing the George getting his own forum/thread issue. He is barely a week old and has been seen once, there is no reason for him to get his own board rather then share one with his parents.

The form was completed by the Asst Registrar - that is obvious by the writing. William confirmed what is written and signed it. Catherine wasn't even there.

Is the discontent coming from Kate's occupation? Her formal occupation is Princess of the United Kingdom...she has no other job. Why would her occupation be anything else?

For the umpteenth time, Catherine is a Princess. Why some people have a difficult time understanding this is beyond me. And Yes William filled out the form and Put Catherine down as a Princess of the United Kingdom.

OK, I agree that it's her job. But why is her job not (also or more) Duchess of Cambridge or performer for the Royal Family or representative for the royal family (if you prefer) or officiant for the Royal Family?

And why not "Military Officer", "Sky Pilot," "Chopper Jockey," for William? ;):lol:

I think that is what brings up people's questions here?

Oh and did anyone notice he jiggled a bit on the "C" in "second of August?" Edit - sorry - that was the registrar's writing - my bad.

Last edited:
William's permanent role or job (since the day he was born) is Prince of the United Kingdom etc. Other jobs are temporary and frankly everyone on here knows that and so do others who follow the BRF because people keep asking when does he leave his secondment and become a full-time royal.

Catherine became a Princess of the UK et al when she married him - this forum debated that at length. She is HRH Princess William but they stated they would use their Cambridge titles.

Job/Role vs Title. Cambridge is a title.

I think the problem is that there isn't much "new" news about the BRF (its slow down, holiday time) and some people are bored.

Exactly!! Not to mention that it was listed as Diana's occupation on Williams birth certificate and probably on Beatrice, Eugenie's, and the Wessex kids. Just seems to be what is. Not sure why all the uproar about it now. People on the BRF facebook think its fake because of Kate occupation being listed as Princess. :neutral:

...it was listed as Diana's occupation on Williams birth certificate...
Was it? one of the royal reporters said today it wasn't because that space wasn't on the form at that time.

ETA...William's birth certificate. Job of mother not on form. Permanent address as Highgrove. Charles occupation - Prince of the United Kingdom

royalwatcher: Prince William

I think the problem is that there isn't much "new" news about the BRF (its slow down, holiday time) and some people are bored.

Spot on cepe and it will only get worse until we have a further sighting of Prince George or Catherine.

^^^You beat me to that remark, Elly C! Until we get a sight of the trio or their formal pictures, we're gonna be beating a dead horse over and over and over.....:D

^^^You beat me to that remark, Elly C! Until we get a sight of the trio or their formal pictures, we're gonna be beating a dead horse over and over and over.....:D

And then, when they disappear back into privacy - we will be on the drums anew!

Will didn't fill it out and apparently Kate was home attending to her real job, caring for the subject of the now infamous birth form. Maybe she did some princessing too, in between feedings and nappie changes.

Some clerk wrote it.

To me it looks like a TRF poster filled it out. "Fess up - who works in the clerk's office? :flowers:

from dictionary:
occupation
a person's regular work or profession; job or principal activity
2. any activity on which time is spent by a person
3. the act of occupying or the state of being occupied
4. (Military) the control of a country by a foreign military power
5. the period of time that a nation, place, or position is occupied
6. (modifier) for the use of the occupier of a particular property occupation road occupation bridge

William and Kate spend their time for royal duties, so they can say that Prince/ss of UK is their occupation.
I think it's tradition for this family :)

Last edited:
...2. any activity on which time is spent by a person
Spot on - if you look at post #1644, I've posted a copy of william's registration - Charles' occupation is exactly the same

It's not something to make a big deal about. Catherine is a Princess of the United Kingdom by marriage and work as a senior member of the royal family.

Exactly!! Not to mention that it was listed as Diana's occupation on Williams birth certificate and probably on Beatrice, Eugenie's, and the Wessex kids. Just seems to be what is. Not sure why all the uproar about it now. People on the BRF facebook think its fake because of Kate occupation being listed as Princess. :neutral:

It wasn't listed as Diana's occupation on William's birth certificate - there was no space for 'occupation' for the mother in those days.

RD has a copy of William's birth certificate up to compare it to William's.

It does seem that it is probably how Sophie was described on Louise and James' certificates but not the earlier ones.

Back
Top Bottom