The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not like with a celebrity baby where the rights are sold to the highest bidder. They will be released at the same time and be used by everyone. I thought that one of the royal reporters said it would be mini photoshoot with chosen photographers?

Back when Charles was a teenager, it probably didn't even cross his mind he would still be waiting at 65 to become King. I think it would be too hard to change his name the Queen who is very healthy could live to 100 which would make Charles about 80 when he get's to the throne there hardly seems a point in changing his name to George. Now with a Grandson called George to me it seems even less likely. Charles has done a lot of good things as Charles he should be proud of that.

It's not like with a celebrity baby where the rights are sold to the highest bidder. They will be released at the same time and be used by everyone. I thought that one of the royal reporters said it would be mini photoshoot with chosen photographers?

Yes, I think that's quite correct - no single magazine or publication will have rights over others.

I shouldn't imagine we will see any photos for a least a month - but we have been surprised already with the name announcement so quickly, so who knows?!

I don't know if any one already mentioned it, but it is interesting that prince Williams cousins on princess Diana's side names are also George, Alexander and Louism

We may not get the four generations until his Christening. The Queen is in Scotland for at least 8 weeks as is Prince Phillip. The first pictures are usually of baby and mum and dad. I expect them to be pretty casual like the engagement photos. I'm not expecting to see little George in a flowerpot although that is cute they probably won't do that. LOL

I wonder where that photo of Victoria with her heirs was taken because if it was taken at Balmoral I wouldn't be surprised to find that this one is taken there as well - with a similar, if not the same background.

The Queen is very aware of things like this and I am sure she would like to re-create it for herself and her heirs.

He will also be a King with Indian ancestry. For that matter, even his father is.
BTW I would have preferred George as one of the middle names and Alexander as the first name. Anyway, its a name chosen by his parents, so its always good..

I don't know if any one already mentioned it, but it is interesting that prince Williams cousins on princess Diana's side names are also George, Alexander and Louism

Louis is also the name of one of Camilla's grandchildren... do i think that has anything the little prince's name? No, but with these traditional names i expect loads of people in brittain have relatives with these names...

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3h
#royal #Kate - Almost forgot. First official photos of William & Kate with Prince George before Duke returns to work - you do the math!

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3h
#royal #kate Then there's Prince #George of Cambridge's christening - clear those diaries in October after #Queen returns from Balmoral

The pictures should be out within the next 2 weeks. That works out well for me I will be in hospital so I'm going to get my visitors to buy me all the mags. LOL Looks like an October Christening he will be a little bigger by then too and I think Prince Harry, Pippa or James, one of Williams good friends I can see Zara being godmother they are all pretty close. How many do they usually have? Over here it's usually just two.

For royals it is usually a 'cast of 1000s' as they say. William and Harry both have 6. Charles had 8.

I think this little Prince will have 4 or 5 godparents. I can see Harry or Peter being chosen, as well as possible Sophie Wessex and then other family friends. Maybe a Greek royal, but that would likely be the only other Royal godparent. I don't think, aside from Anne and Edward, that any of the BRF have other European royal godchildren do they?

From the article : And I can provide many links from experts in Israel who have said definitively that Catherine is not Jewish.
Someone at some point was trying to make 'trouble' and that the future king would be Jewish but thats just not the case.

I don't think it would cause 'trouble' if it turned out Catherine has a Jewish ancestor.

Wallpaper in Celebration of HRH Prince George of Cambridge

14978_900.png

Celebrating the birth of H.R.H. Prince George of Cambridge - Congratulations William and Catherine!

It may me just a coincidence-you can't throw a rock at a noble family and not hitt at least 2 of those.

Now we all know that i a helathy baby boy namend george... So it was tru that harry gave away the gender and no one wanna believed him:)

Is it Loo-yis or Loo-yee?
I know there is a separate thread for that, but too lazy to search now..

Is it Loo-yis or Loo-yee?
I know there is a separate thread for that, but too lazy to search now..

If they are using it to honour Lord Mountbatten then I imagine it would be Loo-e. Not Lou-is.

We may not get the four generations until his Christening. The Queen is in Scotland for at least 8 weeks as is Prince Phillip. The first pictures are usually of baby and mum and dad. I expect them to be pretty casual like the engagement photos. I'm not expecting to see little George in a flowerpot although that is cute they probably won't do that. LOL

Oh wow, little George in a flower pot! That made laugh. It would be nice to see four generations in a picture in the future.

I was given to understand that Charles is likely to use the name George when he is monarch.

Pictures will be made available to everyone.

So... is he also the Earl of Strathearn since that is William's second title? Does it work like nobility in that regard? Or does William retain all 3 titles and his son is simply a Prince of Cambridge and that is it?

Someone on Twitter brought up the fact that 3 of the last six Georges were kings during a war. George III: Seven Years War, American Revolution, Napoleonic Wars. George V: WWI. George VI: WWII.

I wouldn't read too much into it And the World Wars would have happen even if George V or George VI never came to the Throne. And they were a war with Germany. And not a war they started.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom