The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think - I hope - it was meant that William would go to Philip, not the other way around.

If Philip is at Sandringham and the Queen is already planning on going to him, it makes sense for the Cambridges to also go to him, before the Balmoral trip.

Yes, I had thought they may go to him.

If a trip to London is too much for Philip, is he really going all the way to Balmoral?

I think - I hope - it was meant that William would go to Philip, not the other way around.

If Philip is at Sandringham and the Queen is already planning on going to him, it makes sense for the Cambridges to also go to him, before the Balmoral trip.

I reread the original post and it says that knowing how close Philip is to William, it doesnt seem to far for him to go - that's why I thought Philip was the one expected to travel. I agree with you that William and Catherine going would make more sense but I don't think that a 5 hour round trip would be good for her or the baby at this time.

Yes, I had thought they may go to him.

If a trip to London is too much for Philip, is he really going all the way to Balmoral?

I have no clue. I hope he's recovering well.

From Time magazine - they have chosen 1 shot from 45 selected photographers. Some really great shots in here -#14 is my favourite. It certainly shows the scale of the media presence

Blanket Coverage: One Baby, 44 Photographers | TIME.com

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Hats off to William for handling himself so well: media, baby, carseat and driving. Oh, my!

And pic 18 shows the baby's face quite up close.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Hats off to William for handling himself so well: media, baby, carseat and driving. Oh, my!

And pic 18 shows the baby's face quite up close.

They didn't seem to really try to hide the baby's face. It's like they realized to do so would be futile so they accepted it and moved on.

Charles' humor cracks me up: "Have you been here long?". The man is so much better than thought during Diana's marriage to him. I have since came to reconsider my assessment of this man. If Camilla managed to bring out the best in him, she truly deserves some recognition (although I never really liked her).

I love #36, the looks Catherine gave William when he was talking about them, the love in her eyes is just so evident. #40 is priceless, the future King is not happy being strapped in a carseat :D

This is going to sound strange to many I'm sure - but I've never had children or been around babies much. To me the baby's face looks strange - so many lumps and bumps. Is this just because he's only 24 hours old?

He is really an adorable baby. I hope we can see more pictures in the not too distant future.

Oh, and I forgot: Catherine seemed endlessly preoccupied by the hair getting blown in her face. It was a little distracting.

I totally agree. I wanted to grab her hair and tie it back out of her face as she was fiddling with it every 5 seconds or so - one side and then the other - most annoying - but she has always been like that and no doubt will be like it even on their Coronation Day - still flicking the hair back every 5 seconds -

In close-ups his sprinkling of hair already looks pretty dark, and a child's hair usually darkens as he or she ages rather than the other way around. Perhaps he'll have Kate's hair and hairline, which I think we can all agree would be a good thing.

I thought Catherine looked just lovely and William looked very handsome and they both looked so very, very happy. As for the newest member of their little family, he looked just beautiful. It's been a wonderful couple of days, hasn't it?

I love #36, the looks Catherine gave William when he was talking about them, the love in her eyes is just so evident. #40 is priceless, the future King is not happy being strapped in a carseat :D

Hee! I had the exact same thought. His expression is a total "Off with their heads!!" look. William and Kate should get a copy of that photo to carry around for a giggle.

This is going to sound strange to many I'm sure - but I've never had children or been around babies much. To me the baby's face looks strange - so many lumps and bumps. Is this just because he's only 24 hours old?

He looks like a perfectly normal, healthy newborn as far as I can tell. Because of the birthing process, many babies even have some bruising or cone-shaped heads, and all manner of things. This little guy looks like he's in quite good shape - his facial features are just a bit squished, which they are on most newborns (which is why it can be hard to tell any family resemblances just yet), especially larger ones.

I totally agree. I wanted to grab her hair and tie it back out of her face as she was fiddling with it every 5 seconds or so - one side and then the other - most annoying - but she has always been like that and no doubt will be like it even on their Coronation Day - still flicking the hair back every 5 seconds -

It's like a security blanket. Something to fiddle with if you're nervous, anxious or bored. I'm guilty of the same thing and believe me, she doesn't think about it as she's doing it, you just do it unintentionally (and then occasionally you have people yelling in your face to "please so twiddle your hair, for goodness sake!" :p).

The wait is over and a new baby prince has arrived into the world! Of course, due to thunderstorms and lack of sleep, it was my own Mr. Remote that woke me up with the grand news beaming ear to ear.

It was what the proud parents said that made just how they felt hit home and I'm paraphrasing here "Anyone that has experienced becoming a new family knows how we feel". Their faces just served to amplify the joy this little bundle of humanity has brought to not only his parents, but to the watching world. How wonderful it is to turn on the television and be able to watch extensive news coverage on something that pulls on our heartstrings with joy and happiness rather than tragedy and disasters as has been too much the norm lately.

Whether Kate's polka dot dress was planned or not as a salute to the wee one's deceased grandmother or if the baby blanket was the same one that once wrapped William as a newborn, to me it really doesn't matter. There will always be a sense of continuity as long as humans do have ancestors. I'd personally like to think that these were subtle and simple ways that the parents chose to include a very important member of their family that cannot be there to welcome this newborn into the world.

William and Kate will be very hands on parents. I'm hoping these next two weeks will be a time of relaxed, easy going family time. I'm sure William is very anxious to have his own time with his son and begin the bonding process. IIRC, once my first husband and I arrived home with our first born and had settled him into his bassinette where he promptly fell asleep, the new daddy just "had" to show me something but forgot where it was. 15 minutes of opening drawers and closets and making the loudest noises possible, the baby did awake and it was daddy's time. To this day, I still don't know what was so important that he had to show me. :D

Now to await the announcement of the new prince's names. I sure hope I don't sleep through that one too.

He looks like a perfectly normal, healthy newborn as far as I can tell. Because of the birthing process, many babies even have some bruising or cone-shaped heads, and all manner of things. This little guy looks like he's in quite good shape - his facial features are just a bit squished, which they are on most newborns (which is why it can be hard to tell any family resemblances just yet), especially larger ones.

He looks fine for a newborn: most are very wrinkled, red-faced, quite ugly. Mine were red-faced as well, then developed jaundice for a few days, which turned them yellow. After 2-3 weeks they finally start to look like the cute little things you'd expect them to be.

Most newborns look a little odd when they are new it takes a couple of weeks before you can really tell who they look like. We should get some official pictures in a few weeks so we will get a better look at him then. I thought Kate looked great both are very happy I just hope it isn't too long before we have a name. LOL I'm glad we got to see his face and it also Prince Phillip did too. I don't see either making the trip the Queen may drop into KP before she goes on holidays and take some pictures for Prince Phillip he can see the baby later on. He sounds pretty ill but once he is up at Balmoral he can rest and spend time with The Queen and family. It's probably the best medicine for him. I'm so glad William put him in a car seat even though bub was not too happy about it.

LW3638.jpg

Red Heart Yarn put this up on pinterest - it's a free pattern so you can crochet your own royal family. It even has a little baby carriage. Personally I like the lego royal family the best but here's the link if someone crochets and wants to make this.
The Royal Family Crochet Pattern | Red Heart

The official photos of William were released a month after his birth, but the BBC was speculating earlier that they doubt it'll be that long this time around just because media-wise it's a whole different world these days. I suppose we'll find out!

Haha, I have to agree! Sooo cute!

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the whole day's events unfold - The appearance of the Middletons, the visit from the Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall and of course the proud parents as they show their Royal bundle of joy to the world. I hope I live to see Baby Cambridge crowned, so I can think back, however many years it may be, to this special moment. Amazing!!

They didn't seem to really try to hide the baby's face. It's like they realized to do so would be futile so they accepted it and moved on.

No but the DM was grinching that William was determined to do things his own way and that he didn't come out on the steps right after the baby was born and says something. I don't know what they wanted him to say.

Hair flipping aside, I thought the Duchess looked blonder in front. Thanks to the Middleton pool of late?

1074219_380306515402837_1323723215_o-720x720.jpg

I want this. I don't know what I'd do with it, but I want one:ROFLMAO:

Lego Royal Baby Minifig Family (includes Kate and William)

£28.99

Celebrate the arrival of a new Prince for Britain with your very own Lego Royal Baby minifig. The little tableau includes a Lego Prince William, with “long live gran sweater” and the glamorous Kate Middleton minifig holding the new Royal Prince. The Lego background isn’t included, but a base plate (not pictured) with a commemorative description will be (name, date etc…).

Lego Royal Baby Minifig Family (includes Kate and William) | MINIFIGS.ME

I have such respect for Catherine. She grew up not a royal, and has now not only given birth to a future king of Great Britain, but she looks fabulous, handled herself beautifully and was able to hold her emotions together in front of a huge mass of media, broadcasting her every movement all of the world.
Bravo, Catherine! I know William loves you even more for it.

The official photos of William were released a month after his birth, but the BBC was speculating earlier that they doubt it'll be that long this time around just because media-wise it's a whole different world these days. I suppose we'll find out!

The official photos were actually released 8 days after his birth (on June 29th). I'm hoping we'll get photos that quickly, but I have a feeling it might be a few weeks before photos of baby Cambridge are released.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom