The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's too early, not even a day has passed!

True but if mother and baby are doing well in many countries, they are discharged after 6hrs if the mother feels good to go home. I personally prefer a 2 night stay. That way you have all experienced people around you that you could benefit from.

At least some news is coming out. 6pm isn't bad to leave.

An earlier night for me then, than the 2.30am last "night" ! I'll be up early to watch tomorrow morning [Weds. our time]

Good advices are being offered among the journalists at the Lindo Wing: "you don't wanna get your phone wet". I personally think that's a brilliant piece of advise, getting your phone wet is not recommendable :D

Last edited:
yes they sure wants to make a one day stay at the hospital after delivering, that is the safest way to do things...

I think we might see the Middleton's make a visit.

I'm glad everything went well! I still can't believe the little prince is here with us! :flowers:

A very touching article by Rosa Monckton. The close friend of the late Princess of Wales-

My friend Diana would have been such a doting granny - how cruel it was never to be, says Rosa Monckton:
Royal baby born: My friend Diana would have been a doting granny - how cruel it was never to be, says Rosa Monckton | Mail Online

It is very sad that Diana couldn't be here to welcome her first grandchild. I'm sure she's on the minds of the family now.

Ofcourse everybody would have wanted Lady Di to be here at the birth of her first grandchild, but why would this friend feel the need to disrespect the other grandmother (Mrs. Middleton) in this article...?
I hope this would NOT have been the way Diana would have handled it....

On the American news channel we are watching they spend more time talking about Diana than the new family of three and it's driving me mad!

They just said: "Coming up, Princess Diana's eldest child now a parent himself but can Duchess Kate follow her example?"

As if Catherine will find it difficult to be a good mother. I respect Diana for the wonderful charity work and humanitarian work she did and there is no doubt she loved her boys. However she was not a saint and made many mistakes too. It's time for the press to stop the comparisons and let William and Catherine be their own people.

Last edited:
On the American news channel we are watching they spend more time talking about Diana than the new family of three and it's driving me mad!

They just said: "Coming up, Princess Diana's eldest child now a parent himself but can Duchess Kate follow her example?"

As if Catherine will find it difficult to be a good mother. I respect Diana for the wonderful charity work and humanitarian work she did and there is no doubt she loved her boys. However she was not a saint and made many mistakes too. It's time for the press to stop the comparisons and let William and Catherine be their own people.

Imagine what it would have been like if she'd had a girl

However she was not a saint and made many mistakes too. It's time for the press to stop the comparisons and let William and Catherine be their own people.
I am sure William and Kate are quite independent (although they can't even choose a nontraditional name for their son, sorry) and can choose whose example they will follow. Catherine will most likely follow advices of her own mother.

Ofcourse everybody would have wanted Lady Di to be here at the birth of her first grandchild, but why would this friend feel the need to disrespect the other grandmother (Mrs. Middleton) in this article...?
I hope this would NOT have been the way Diana would have handled it....

I don't think Mrs. Middleton was disrespected in the article at all. Rosa is just reflecting on seeing Catherine baby shopping with her mother and how wonderful it would've been to see Diana taking part as well.

I think there's no doubt that William & Catherine will raise their child the way they see fit. I also don't think anyone is trying to make Diana a saint but naturally the media like to reflect on the way Diana helped Charles bring up the boys. She was a good mother but Catherine will do her own thing and I think that's really important and all that matters.

I must say that after Diana's passing, Charles had to finish raising William & Harry on his own. I think he did a great job on carrying on through the way he and Diana wanted for their children. Now Charles is officially a grandfather and it's going to be great to see him in this new role.

Last edited:
I too think that Rosa Monckton's last remark in that article is odd. I have no doubt in my mind that Diana would have loved the little Prince to bits, but diminishing Carole's affection for him as compared to Diana's is just rather crass. Of course Carole's also going to love him to bits, she's his grandmother as well.

Last night on Sky they interviewed a lot a people outside the gates of the Palace. Half of them were Americans "glad to be there because they were huge Diana fans".
As i stated before Diana is still a spotless and rather untouchable icon in the US and synonymous of everything about the BRF. The British , or let's say European, approach is far for critical and lukewarm.
Diana would be proud, of course. Because yes she was a terrific mother. But some media, US ones in particular, tend to forget the other very important figure in the Boys life : their father Charles, whos is, let's face it, a terrific father as well.

Last edited:
Diana would be proud, of course. Because yes she was a terrific mother. But some media, us ones in particular, tend to forget the other very important figure in the Boys life : their father Charles, whos is, let's face it, a terrific Father as well.
They were both wonderful parents for their sons. And I am certain Charles will be a great grandad for this grandchildren.

As for Diana.. She won't be any more than a name for Williams son, boy will consider Camilla as his grandmother.

I don't think Mrs. Middleton was disrespected in the article at all. Rosa is just reflecting on seeing Catherine baby shopping with her mother and how wonderful it would've been to see Diana taking part as well.

This quote from the article

One thing is certain for me, however. No matter how much Carole Middleton involves herself in the birth and early years of her first grandchild, her attentions could not be greater than those Diana would have provided.[/QUOTE]

seems a bit disrespectful, implying that Carole could never be the grandmother that Diana would have been.

:queen4::king::baby::photo::fireworks::champagne:

Now we just need the name. And of course, a picture

sign-generator.aspx

This quote from the article

One thing is certain for me, however. No matter how much Carole Middleton involves herself in the birth and early years of her first grandchild, her attentions could not be greater than those Diana would have provided.http://

seems a bit disrespectful, implying that Carole could never be the grandmother that Diana would have been.

I didn't see that part but those are just her feelings at this rather emotional and happy time. I'm sure she didn't mean so sound disrespectful towards Carole. Carole no doubt will be a great grandmother.

This baby will also know of his late grandmother. The pictures and the stories that he'll hear will be amazing. Diana will be a part of this little Prince's life in a very special and touching way.

They were both wonderful parents for their sons. And I am certain Charles will be a great grandad for this grandchildren.

As for Diana.. She won't be any more than a name for Williams son, boy will consider Camilla as his grandmother.

I liked the statement of Charles last night "Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild". "My" instead of "our". Well chosen words, implying that yes Camilla has already 5 grandchildren on her own and no she's not intended to replace Diana as the newborn's official grandmother.

But "we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future" is telling us that the child will be surrounded by equal affection.

I liked the statement of Charles last night "Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild". "My" instead of "our". Well chosen words, implying that yes Camilla has already 5 grandchildren on her own and no she's not intended to replace Diana as the newborn's official grandmother.

But "we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future" is telling us that the child will be surrounded by equal affection.

I agree completely. I thought it was a lovely statement.

Just watching the gun salutes in honour of the new Prince live on the BBC.

Rosa Monckton Article - Ugghhh!

This was... an unfortunate read.

I was actually fine with the content until that last line. Until then, it was the fond recollections of a friend, tinged with some sadness about what would never be. Okay, fine.

Then, we move on to examples of Diana's love in the author's hour of need with her second child. There were some acts of kindness that showed the selfless side of Diana, and I thought those were wonderful memories to share.

But that last bit? Really?

One thing is certain for me, however. No matter how much Carole Middleton involves herself in the birth and early years of her first grandchild, her attentions could not be greater than those Diana would have provided.

No. Why even bring up Carole Middleton's name in a piece designed to describe your sadness about Diana's missing out on the birth of her first grandchild? Where did she find that connection? Diana's relationship to the boy prince would have had little to do with that of his with his mother's mother. And Carole Middleton was going to love that baby and play a huge role in his life whether or not Diana was still with us; the child is her daughter's first baby, also. That was, IMO, just distasteful.

Last edited:
A very touching article by Rosa Monckton. The close friend of the late Princess of Wales-

My friend Diana would have been such a doting granny - how cruel it was never to be, says Rosa Monckton:
Royal baby born: My friend Diana would have been a doting granny - how cruel it was never to be, says Rosa Monckton | Mail Online

It is very sad that Diana couldn't be here to welcome her first grandchild. I'm sure she's on the minds of the family now.

You know, I could not stop thinking about her all these days. A pity she can't be here indeed, at such moments her absence is even more heartbreaking!

I think it was said that a shell from the gun salutes will be given to the royal couple to commemorate the birth of their son.

Very nice and kind words from The Countess of Wessex.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
So 62 and 41-gun salutes have fired out from the Tower of London and Green Park to mark the royal birth. No visitors here yet.

PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal 2m
A full bell peal - set to last over three hours - is ringing at Westminster Abbey in celebration of the royal birth #paroyal #RoyalBaby

You know, I could not stop thinking about her all these days. A pity she can't be here indeed, at such moments her absence is even more heartbreaking!

Same here. I do think about her a lot and I know countless others think of her too, especially since the wedding and now the baby's birth. I'm sure she's spiritually with her family no matter what.

Last edited:
No. Why even bring up Carole Middleton's name in a piece designed to describe your sadness about Diana's missing out on the birth of her first grandchild? Where did she find that connection? Diana's relationship to the boy prince would have had little to do with that of his with his mother's mother. And Carole Middleton was going to love that baby and play a huge role in his life whether or not Diana was still with us; the child his her daughter's first baby, also. That was, IMO, just distasteful.

She needn't have said that indeed. I know what you mean, such comparisons are always unfortunate! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom