The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Such happy news!!! May he have a long happy life!! Congrats to the Royal couple!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I was thinking the same. But perhaps it will come in handy for this boy's futre baby one day.

I think it was very important - first of all you don't know what the future will bring and secondly if they were to next have a girl and then possibly a boy there would be a question as to whether the boy would precede the girl in line - this way its all worked out.

Besides its an antiquated idea especially in light of England's amazing Queens that a boy simply by reason of his sex would be a better ruler

Yay it's a boy, I was hoping for a boy but was afraid it would be a girl.

I like that William is staying the night with his wife and son. This is and always will be a very loving and close family.

Duke William married for loved and if they both continue to love and respect each other this will always be a loving and close family. I bet that William is missing his mother right now, especially when he call his relatives about the birth. I hope he feels Diana's presence.;)

BTW, the baby carriage is blue. I think Duchess Catherine knew the sex of the baby. :whistling:

Blue is very gender neutral in many ways. Especially for something like a baby carriage, one could use it for both a boy or a girl. Pink not so much.

Well I'm disappointed it's a boy, I was hoping for a girl. But at least the child has been born now and hopefully things will settle down to some element of normalcy soon. There's been far too much emphasis on the birth of this one privileged child, IMO. I hope they tell us the child's name soon so all that speculation can stop, too.

Born to be King : a salute to the new Prince is starting on BBC1 in a minute

Anyone who watches QI will be well aware that until the 1920s pink was the colour for baby boys, and blue was the colour for girls. A quick google reveals an extract from the Ladies Home Journal in 1918 which wrote, “There has been a great diversity of opinion on the subject, but the generally accepted rule is pink for the boy and blue for the girl. The reason is that pink being a more decided and stronger color is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” It’s also said that since pink is closer to red, it was more appropriate for boys because red is a “fierce” color, whereas blue was associated with girls since the Virgin Mary is customarily dressed in blue." Pink Wasn’t Always Considered a Feminine Color and Blue Wasn’t Always Masculine

Anyone who watches QI will be well aware that until the 1920s pink was the colour for baby boys, and blue was the colour for girls...http://forgottenhistoryblog.com/pin...minine-color-and-blue-wasnt-always-masculine/
True, but don't think we'll see baby boys in pink any time soon. Baby girls are often enough in blue, but pink will remain the signature color.

My cousin is expecting in a few weeks, a little girl, and have gone pink crazy. First girl born in my close family or friends, in seven years. And only one I knew before birth, was a girl, to do pink.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Would be soooo psyched if they named Baby Cambridge 'James William Micheal Charles'... Anyone have a link to the video of the gun salutes they had near Buckingham and the Tower? I missed that part!

Yes, a boy!!!

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4.24pm

Am I reading too much into this to think she had medical intervention ie: C-section or induced?

Or is this normal terminology? Vs.

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has safely delivered a son at 4.24pm.

This version IMO implies no medical intervention. The word 'was' and 'of' seem IMO to imply medical intervention.

Thanks

I Would be soooo psyched if they named Baby Cambridge 'James William Micheal Charles'... Anyone have a link to the video of the gun salutes they had near Buckingham and the Tower? I missed that part!

Yes!! I love that!
(Not really keen on George or Phillip).

BTW, the baby carriage is blue. I think Duchess Catherine knew the sex of the baby. :whistling:

Not necessarily, blue can be used for girls, as well. For our two daughters, their nursery was blue, as my husband wanted a nautical theme for their nursery.

Yay baby cambridge is born ! Welcome prince ______ of cambridge

:: flowers :: ::teddy bear ::

...Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4.24pm.
Am I reading too much into this to think she had medical intervention ie: C-section or induced?
Or is this normal terminology?
That's normal terminology. It was confirmed that it was a natural birth.

It´s always "was safely delivered":
Was the same with Diana and she had no c-section. Although Sophie had one it was the same words.
BTW it was mentioned that it was a natural birth...

Congratulations to the couple on their new son.:flowers:

So happy to learn of the safe arrival of the new Prince. Poor little guy doesn't know what he is in for.

There's not all that much coverage in the "U.S. News Media" as we know them in California. There's naturally a brief announcement (but not at the top of the news) and then the tabloid shows are of course "covering" the birth.

So happy to learn of the safe arrival of the new Prince. Poor little guy doesn't know what he is in for.

Exactly! ;)

I remember when William was born it was a few months before we got to see him other than the official pictures so hopefully people wont be expecting him to be out publicly like celebrities. Considering that Kate and William seem to be very private people I suspect that they will do the bare minimum required of them for media and keep pretty much to themselves.

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their son!!

There's not all that much coverage in the "U.S. News Media" as we know them in California. There's naturally a brief announcement (but not at the top of the news) and then the tabloid shows are of course "covering" the birth.

Really? NBC interrupted programming for about 30-45 minutes after the announcement (at least where I live), and CNN has had non-stop royal coverage until about 5-10 minutes ago when they started reporting on an emergency plane landing at LaGuardia.

Congratulations!!!!!
I am so happy for the baby and the happy parents!!!!

and he worn in the same day as the prince Felix of Denmark and princess Alexander of Hannover ! congratulations to the family!!!!

Back
Top Bottom