Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they have one. The housekeeper probably does it if they don't do it themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Since they have both family and industrial kitchen and we know kate likes to cook I think it probable that Kate does alot of the day to day cooking while the housekeeper does it for bigger events.

I don't really think that they are doing the larger scale entertaining that Charles would -say inviting 20 or so people over for dinner as a fundraiser. When they have done stuff in the palace state rooms (not 1A) for their charities that is most likely outside event catering and not their own staff.

I don't really think that they are doing the larger scale entertaining that Charles would -say inviting 20 or so people over for dinner as a fundraiser. When they have done stuff in the palace state rooms (not 1A) for their charities that is most likely outside event catering and not their own staff.

No, I mean more personal stuff :) Like having friends over or preparing for Christmas :)

Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

It's quite possible that they do most of it themselves. I can totally see Kate, Pippa and Carole in kitchen making their family recipes for Christmas at Amner or Emilia and her hubby coming over to 1A and she and Kate cook in the family kitchen with William makes the drinks.

The housekeeper is probably ordering /picking up the groceries.

Last edited:
It's quite possible that they do most of it themselves. I can totally see Kate, Pippa and Carole in kitchen making their family recipes for Christmas at Amner or Emilia and her hubby coming over to 1A and she and Kate cook in the family kitchen with William makes the drinks.

The housekeeper is probably ordering /picking up the groceries.

Excactly. And we know Kate herself comes to the local farmers market etc.

All the Kate at the butcher or the farmers market are from Berkshire or Norfolk. I can't remember seeing anything from London where she is spotted at a Waitrose or other grocery store since they been married . So it probably delivered or part of the system how Clarence House gets their food. I imagine some of could come from the various estates.

All the Kate at the butcher or the farmers market are from Berkshire or Norfolk. I can't remember seeing anything from London where she is spotted at a Waitrose or other grocery store since they been married . So it probably delivered or part of the system how Clarence House gets their food. I imagine some of could come from the various estates.

Or whilst in London, they probably order their groceries online, as a lot of Londoners do.

I think I got a glimpse of Rebecca Deacon before WK went in.

I thought the same but looking again it seemed to be one of their protection officers?

It was right at the door. The woman didn't have a hat. Emma the RPO was walking along side Kate and the pram. She is wearing a hat.

Allegedly The Cambridges have a team of approximately thirty staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baloney. If the Cambridges had a private staff of 30 the tabloids would bring that up in every article. They bashed the Cambridges in about 500 articles for changing their roof tiles. I would very much like you to cite your source for this.

Perhaps you are thinking about William/Catherine/Harry's office staff. They are stationed in KP and have little to no influence on the trio's private lives.

Miss Whirley, the media have brought this alleged number of staff up repeatedly. There are two nannies, there was/is a maternity nurse as well, housekeeper and other household staff to run their household on a day to day basis and staff to maintain the grounds allegedly.

You are misinformed. There is one nanny. Mrs. Webb retired prior to Maria's employment. There was no milk nurse. That was a story fabricated by the notorious Katie Nicholl. Within hours of print the other reporters dismissed her latest claim. Katie Nicholl is famous for her fantasies. I'm still waiting for Pippa and Nico to announce their engagement considering Ms. Nicholl swore on her life that they got engaged in India in December 2013.

I don't consider a landscaping company who visits twice a month to be "staff". If that's the case my mailman, my garbage man, my recycling man, my tree trimmer and my handyman would all be members of my staff.

You claim the number 30 has been reported numerous times by the media. If that's the case you won't have trouble presenting a link for us. Please do.

Last edited:
Even half the number is too many!! No way I would endure such lack of privacy!!!

Who knew I, regular citizen, had staff! Trashman, mailman, fedex driver, ups driver....oh and lets not forget the husband, he is the handyman and car repair person.

LaRae

Allegedly The Cambridges have a team of approximately thirty staff.

To stuff 30 into Anmer, they would have to sleep on the roof like birds. A fun image, I admit. Or, they sleep out and offer the DM and it's peers a fine opportunity to count them as they go in and out for the day. ;)

The public records, planning permission etc show that outbuildings around Amner were converted to be used as staff accommodation, allegedly. I doubt given security issues that The Planning documents are wholly public but that is my understanding.

Well then, we can be sure to have leaks for years to come. The right person only needs to be offered the right amount of money.:whistling:

The RPOs aren't staff. They have to stay with the people that they are protecting so. In Wales they stated in the outbuildings of the rented farmhouses. The "staff" accommodations on the Amner plans are for the RPOs most likely

The only known domestic staff is Nanny Maria, Antonella the KP housekeeper, the orderly that drives from Fiji and the new housekeeper at Amner that they got from CP Haakon's household.

The rest of the staff are the Private Sects, communications people and PAs that run the KP office.

So someone to cook clean drive and take care of the children sounds good to me. I know that's how most well to do upperclass live but it is a dream life. I think Kate really enjoys having staff as shown at the christening with the nanny in uniform.
So it's a great life and like anyone you take the good with the bad. The bad being loss of privacy and being pulled up by the press and general public when your not seen to be upholding your part of the deal.
We all make choices in life

The driver/orderly only drives going to engagements. There are plenty of photos of W and K driving themselves in their own time and taking care of their kids themselves. Nanny's Maria uniform was more about Nanny Maria than an edict from Kate.

The driver/orderly only drives going to engagements. There are plenty of photos of W and K driving themselves in their own time and taking care of their kids themselves. Nanny's Maria uniform was more about Nanny Maria than an edict from Kate.

Perhaps its just me but I envision dinner time at Anmer as very casual with Kate doing the cooking, kids at the table and Lupo somewhere near by in hopes of a kid dropping something or sneaking him a bite or two. Imagining Kate ringing a little silver bell to be "served" just doesn't fit my mental picture at all. Of course KP and Anmer can and probably will host very formal dinner parties, I just don't see it in day to day life.

I would also bet my last sticky bun that Nanny Maria is made to feel part and parcel of the family as she plays a very big part in the day to day lives of the kids. It just makes sense as with that scenario, the kids feel quite comfortable when Mom and Dad are away for something

Lastly, its not hard to figure out who really is the "boss" of the household. Its Lupo. Dogs are always on the wrong side of the door, always hungry and always need attention. :D

Norland Nannies, I believe, nowadays do not wear their distinctive uniform unless requested to do so by their employers.

Nanny Maria being the professional she is no doubt wanted to wear her uniform. This was the christening of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, fourth in line to the thrones of 16 Commonwealth realms

She knew it was going to be photographed event with pictures and video beamed around the world. She wanted to look smart for the occasion.

Since Nanny Maria hasn't worn a uniform other than at Charlotte's christening that would suggest that Maria decided for herself to wear her uniform to see her charge get christened by the AoC in front of the Queen and family. If it was a Kate order, why isn't she in the uniform all the time? She didn't wear on the Aus/NZ tour. She didn't wear it to BP for Trooping the Colour.

Again as with so many things, we don't know. We can have, hopefully fun speculating but the reality is we are doing just that, speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom