Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to 2 royal reporters, the pictures of the nanny were taken on 4th March, before the Cambridges went on Holiday. It was part of an introduction to George. She hasn't started fulltime yet - that happens when they come back. George is in Bucklebury with the Middletons

Makes complete sense.

Like generations of royal babies before him, Prince George will be raised with the help of a Norland nanny, Kensington Palace announced on Thursday.
But far from being a uniformed Mary Poppins with a cut glass accent, the woman chosen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is a ponytailed Spaniard in jumper and slacks.
Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, who is in her 30s, was chosen by the royal couple from a shortlist of candidates put forward by Norland College, all of whom were interviewed by the Duke and Duchess before they made their final choice.

Norland nanny from Spain’s society pages for Prince George - Telegraph

Isn't Maria Teresa 42? I'm sure I've read that in another article. Interesting that they have a Spanish nanny - I wonder if William and Catherine will want George to learn the language when he is a bit older. I myself have always wanted to learn Spanish, but have never gotten the chance to.

I don' think her ethnicity or nationality was in the equation. The Cambridges chose the best candidate for the job.
Norland College itself submitted a short list of names and Maria Borallo was the best fit.

Maybe no British nannies made the short list... with the state of Britain today, it wouldn't surprise me.

Isn't Maria Teresa 42? I'm sure I've read that in another article.

I didn't read it in an article, but someone (Richard Palmer, maybe?) said on Twitter that records have her age at 43. Oh, here it is:

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 18h
Biographical details about Prince George's new nanny have emerged tonight in Spain, where the media say records suggest she is aged 43.

I think that after William finishes his course (he has been in Cambridge this week) and the NZ/Aus tour is completed (that's stepping up IMO), then we will see more of them.
I agree. I think the Cambridge's calendar will start to fill up once the Australia and New Zealand Tour has ended.

Like generations of royal babies before him, Prince George will be raised with the help of a Norland nanny, Kensington Palace announced on Thursday.
But far from being a uniformed Mary Poppins with a cut glass accent, the woman chosen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is a ponytailed Spaniard in jumper and slacks.
Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, who is in her 30s, was chosen by the royal couple from a shortlist of candidates put forward by Norland College, all of whom were interviewed by the Duke and Duchess before they made their final choice.
Norland nanny from Spain’s society pages for Prince George - Telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:
They required privacy for the nanny right?
They didnt "required" it. They asked that is be respected. The press on twitter replied that they thought people are "naturally interested" - they never said they would ignore the request.

But they have.

Now I have visions of nuns bouncing around trying to solve a problem like Maria. :whistling:

But seriously folks, from what I read, it does sound like Wills and Kate have found what could be the perfect nanny. She sounds like a dedicated, unpretentious woman who would have buckets full of love for her little charge and a good heart to be a friend to mum and dad.

This is definitely a win-win situation.

They likely required her to keep quite about her job. However, they have no control over the press or the Nanny's friends and family. Heck, they don't even have control over what some of Kate's family (coughUncleGarycough) says to the press.

The Spanish press spoke to her mother and uncle and all they have said is that they are proud of her and that they have nothing else to say.
The British press have used this.

'Spanish supernanny' hired by Duke and Duchess to look after Prince George will never smack the youngster thanks to her elite training | Mail Online
22 March 2014

'Spanish supernanny' hired by Duke and Duchess to look after Prince George will never smack the youngster thanks to her elite training

• Nanny Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo was trained at Norland College in Bath
  • Training costs around £36,000 and includes martial arts and stunt driving
  • She will be joining the royal couple on tour of Australia and New Zealand
Prince George will never be smacked by his new ‘Spanish supernanny’ because her training forbids it, an expert has revealed.
New parents William and Kate are said to be 'delighted' that full-time nanny Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo has joined their royal household.
But, it has been revealed the 43-year-old nanny would never smack a young child because her training at Norland College in Bath forbids it. The elite childcare training institute teaches its students that ‘a child is never naughty’ and would strike off any graduate who used physical punishment, according to writer Louise Heren.

Ms Heren spent a year making a TV documentary about Norland College and told the Daily Express: ‘They will never ever smack. They will be struck off if they do. A child is never naughty but the behaviour is.’ The institution's students are known for their distinctive uniforms and are schooled in all aspects of looking after youngsters during their three-year degree course.

Hmmmmm?

I guess PG will have time outs?

Well, there's always positive reinforcement; you praise the good behavior, but ignore (if applicable) the inappropriate one. Time-outs are not always the best way to go, because some kids prefer to be excused from what they're doing, to go and sit off, in a corner by themselves, which means they will act out even more. Personally, I'm glad that the nanny will not be able to use physical means such as smacking, or spanking to discipline George. They're not a good way to instill much of anything, except the concept that violence gets others to do what you want.

Whatever discipline method Nannies and parents use for the rest of the current crop of royal bub's is working very well and you know they are not getting 'smacked' so hopefully Marie Theresa's will be akin to that.:flowers:

this sub article of the daily mail called "TEAM KATE AT WORK AND PLAY: THE 'EYES AND EARS' OF THE PRINCESS" cites the names of her several aides and staff:

Kate’s trusted private secretary, Rebecca Deacon, 30, who is dating William’s press secretary Nick Loughran,
personal assistant Natasha Archer, 27, who helps with Kate’s wardrobe
fellow St Andrews history of art graduate Sophie Agnew, 27, who helps her keep on top of personal admin;
hairdresser Amanda Cook Tucker, 51.

"Kate, who insists the girls call her by her first name, gossiped and joked with her team over a glass of red wine while watching rugby in Sydney."

Born 1986 (- Person Page 42374) He is Captain Florian Graham-Watson.
He just got engaged (announced May 31 https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/Peerage-News/xduFNulU-J0) to a Dr. CM Campbell who is from Rockport Maine! Congrats to both of them.
Rockport was home to the former Andre the Seal who is the star of both a book and a movie. It's a drop dead gorgeous little town.

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 3h
William, Harry and Kate are losing their Communications Secretary, Ed Perkins. The former BBC producer is retraining as a lawyer.

William, Kate and Harry set to lose press secretary -
http://royalcentral.co.uk/courtier/perkins-33838

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 47m
#DukeOfCambridge has appointed his former Private Secretsy Major Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton as an Extra Equerry.

Last edited:
Duchess Kate: Kate Loves: Rebecca Deacon
During each royal engagement we see dozens of photos of Kate arriving, meeting officials, attending receptions and departing events. Those who look a little more closely, beyond Kate's dazzling smile and much talked about sartorial choices will notice another brunette just a few feet away.
Rebecca Deacon has become Her Royal Highness's most trusted and relied upon aide since the royal wedding.

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 1h 1 hour ago
William, Harry and Kate have appointed a new Communications Secretary. He's Jason Knauf and he currently works for Royal Bank of Scotland

Spin doctor who dealt with near-collapse of RBS takes PR job with Prince William and Kate | Royal | News | Daily Express
Jason Knauf, an American who has also worked as a senior media adviser to the New Zealand government, will join the Royal Household in the New Year.

He replaces Ed Perkins, who left the royal trio earlier this year, to take a role within public relations consultancy.

Mr Knauf, 30 has been appointed in his new job just in time to plan the arrangements for outside the Lindo Wing at London's St Mary's Hospital, when Kate has her second child, due in April

So they hired a guy who has experience with public relations desasters where it became obvious that people got a lot of money, partly from the taxpayer, for doing only very little or nothing.
Honi soit qui mal y pense :whistling:

Or they hired a guy who was tired of dealing with money related scandals and wanted a simpler job. Because, lets face it, the Cambridges are known for being fairly dull - let alone what the press decides to invent about the cost of hair care. :lol:

Personally I hope this guy has a good sense of humor and can pull over a good one on the press come April 1st. Maybe hint that the baby will be born at X hospital in Scotland and then wait till the maddening crowd rushes there to set up and claim their spots before yelling "April Fool!".

Ok, maybe not. I wish him well with his new job. :flowers:

Rebecca got some of Kate's popcorn later on in the game. No word if she shared with Miguel ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 3h 3 hours ago
William, Harry and Kate’s former Press Secretary, Ed Perkins becomes a Member of the Royal Victorian Order. (MVO).

Congrats to Ed.

Sir David Manning, adviser to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, becomes a knight commander of the Royal Victorian Order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom