Princess of Wales, Current Events 1: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
306px-Coat_of_arms_of_Catherine%2C_Princess_of_Wales.svg.png

Arms of The Princess of Wales

Welcome to thread The Princess of Wales Current Events, Part 1

Commencing September 1st, 2022

A previous thread for Patronages can be here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
The Princess of Wales held an audience at Windsor Castle today with the Royal Navy Ship’s Company of HMS GLASGOW
]

This is a change from the last few years - in recent times most Royal events at the castle took place on days when it was closed to the public (ie Tuesdays and Wednesdays). And the castle wasn’t only open today, it was super-busy.

(also there’s often clues as to which Royal has been on duty - for example a helicopter leaving the castle in the late afternoon nearly always coincides with Anne holding investitures [emoji6]. Won’t get these clues with Kate!)

This is a change from the last few years - in recent times most Royal events at the castle took place on days when it was closed to the public (ie Tuesdays and Wednesdays). And the castle wasn’t only open today, it was super-busy.

(also there’s often clues as to which Royal has been on duty - for example a helicopter leaving the castle in the late afternoon nearly always coincides with Anne holding investitures [emoji6]. Won’t get these clues with Kate!)

Very interesting. This may well be the new way: W&C will carry out engagements at Windsor Castle, C&C at BP.

Interesting. Perhaps this won't be a regular thing but something that was rescheduled due to the mourning period and William and Kate being in Wales earlier this week?

It's good to see Kate do a public engagement related to HMS Glasgow as she became her sponsor last year.

Still getting used to seeing a "current events" thread for the Princess of Wales.

The Princess of Wales is today visiting the Royal Surrey County Hospital’s maternity unit today to hear about the holistic support it provides to pregnant women and new mothers.

I'm hoping that other maternity units will consider adopting the Royal Surrey County Hospital's practices to assist new mothers and their infants.

As a L&D nurse it warms my heart to see this. Kudos to the Princess for supporting such important work. Even more kudos to the hospital and their amazing team. All hospitals should have similar programs to help mothers.

As a L&D nurse it warms my heart to see this. Kudos to the Princess for supporting such important work. Even more kudos to the hospital and their amazing team. All hospitals should have similar programs to help mothers.

Thank you for your work with mothers and their newborns Alisa.
I agree that other hospitals should have similar programs.

Princess of Wales follows royal tradition to become patron of polar expedition

(...)

The Princess on Wednesday becomes the official patron of Captain Preet Chandi’s attempted 1,000-mile journey, which she hopes will make her the first woman to make the trip unsupported.

(...)

The Princess was invited to take the role as part of her long-term campaigning about the*importance of the outdoors on wellbeing, particularly for young people.

A spokesman for Kensington Palace said she was “delighted” to be patron, as an “advocate of the huge impact the outdoors can have on our wellbeing and the life skills it nurtures, such as confidence and resilience”.

(...)

Captain Chandi is a physiotherapist and serving member of the British Army, currently working as a physiotherapist providing rehabilitation for injured soldiers and officers in Buckinghamshire.

A former international tennis junior, Capt Chandi is an endurance athlete who has completed ultra-marathons around the world and trains by dragging tyres around the streets of her home town of Derby.

(...)

Archive

Last edited:
The Princess of Wales will host a second Christmas Carol concert at Westminster Abbey on Thursday, December 15, 2022 in honor of HLM Queen Elizabeth II.

https://www.newsweek.com/kate-midleton-host-christmas-carol-concert-tribute-queen-elizabeth-1757053

The service, which it states will reach out to people of "all faiths and none," will be attended by a number of royal family members including Kate, and will "pay tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the values she demonstrated throughout her life, including empathy, compassion and support for others."

The Princess of Wales will host a second Christmas Carol concert at Westminster Abbey on Thursday, December 15, 2022 in honor of HLM Queen Elizabeth II.
https://www.newsweek.com/kate-midleton-host-christmas-carol-concert-tribute-queen-elizabeth-1757053

I hope is broadcast live in YouTube so it can be my early birthday present, too! I'll be 62-year-old on December 16th, and I was happy to find it in the Forum's calendar section with a few other members sharing the date. This concert will be more special for me now ?

Looks like it was a great visit. I'm glad she's still doing this and it wasn't just a few visits at the start of the war. It's also great that their Foundation, which obviously has a lot of mental health resources and contacts (and money) is supporting Olena Zelensky in her work with Ukrainians' mental health at this time.

Last edited:
Agreed. I’m glad she’s still continuing to support Ukraine.

great article by the Princess of Wales.

The Daily Telegraph's Hannah Furness sums up the concerns that educators, child care providers, medical professionals in the UK, North America etc..have had for years (even prior to the pandemic) regarding young children who are not meeting these important developmental milestones. The Princess of Wales is bringing attention to this issue through her Early Years Program.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...-wales-early-childhood-years-crucial-warning/

Both of these articles are great- well worth reading.

Back
Top Bottom